Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi, does anyone have any idea of the current price of a taxi from Alicante airport to Beni? I've used the search facility but can't seem to find a recent one. Thanks in advance, Linda.
Hi Linda ... you will find some sample taxi fares on page 1 of this topic, and some more HERE.

David :wave
had terrible experience with shuttle direct last week.we were on the coach for 2 hours to do a 40 min journey,there were 3 other passengers on the coach with us.they dropped us off at the wrong apts in the wrong area despite writing the EXACT adress on the booking form. because i was concerned about the return journey i phoned twice through the week to be told no problem it was rectified.on the day of departure they never showed up! when i phoned them i was told that I never showed up!( i was there 40 mins before time) we were called liars,sworn at and told to make our own to the airport. if you use this company be prepared to use your mobile and to be abused when you phone them in desparation.we are OAPs and knew where we were going,imagine if we never knew ?
Was out there last week and taxi from Alicante airport to Beni is 65 Euros.
Hi Eastender and David

David, thanks for all the info - I have bookmarked ready for our next trip
Eastender, you can probably do it quicker, and cheaper, using the bus and taxi - as I have said, the bus takes you straight there but do check the bus timetables. They could do with putting on more buses out of season and I think I may have read somewhere they are considering this.
We are pensioners as well - and my partner is a very fit 69. When we got off the bus at Europa, I thought it wasn't very far to Amettlla Also we had to pick up keys from Madrid! Keep us fit said I to walk!!! So, we humped our cases to Madrid and then up to Gemellos XXII. Didn't do a lot more that day - or the next.........
Sorry, I always forget to say something. The return fare from the airport to Beni on the Alsa bus is 16 euro per person.
hi brindsey puss,we have tried the alsa bus before and it is a good service,the reason we decided on the transfer was we had a5.40 am flight and had been up all night, we usually stay in cala finestrat so it means getting off the alsa bus and getting a taxi anyway.
just booked my transfer with shuttledirect when i come out myself on 25th july i land at 13.30 and go back on the monday leaving hotel royal at 3.30am i hope everything is ok never done diy before so heres hoping it cost me £23.00 return i think thats not to bad

cant waite now the fatboy :D :D :D
Just make sure you ring them up the day before you are due to return to confirm pick up details. I've used them several times and have been fine.

Best Regards - Taggy

PS....I think your'e staying at the Royal arnt you Fatboy?...Let us know what you think of that place now its been completly upgradged, certainly looks nice from the outside!
We are aware and have mentioned before in this topic that certain transfer operators work illegally, without the necessary licence or insurance, accepting bookings only via untraceable email address, mobile phone or ebay, sometimes trading off the backs of more reputable operators with almost identical company names.

We cannot allow discussion or recommendations for any operators for whom there is insufficient evidence to suggest that they are operating legally, and consequently several posts have now been removed in order to protect the interests of the site and of our members.

Please do not post details of any transfer operators, unless you or they can clearly show via their website, registered business address or traceable contact details, that they are operating legally. We would also urge members not to jeopardise their own Holidaytruths accounts by sending unsolicited PMs to others, promoting the services of any transfer operators.

Many thanks
booked transfer with travel agent today. £35 return for 2 of us. thought that was ok. Alicante to benidorm.

angela :-)
Sure am taggy will wright a review on my return mind i am going on a stagg doo so will try and remember what the hotel was like :D :D :D
Hi will be going to sol pelicanos/ocas in 6 week time first time to benidorm which will be the quickest way to get there the airport bus or shuttle transfer traveling with child who gets a bit travel sick many thanks.....
Hi murgy ... the airport bus would take you to Benidorm bus station, where you would then have to transfer to taxi or another bus for the remainder of the journey.

A shared transfer from the airport would take you to your hotel, or another hotel in the immediate vicinity. However, there is no way of knowing how many drop offs the transfer coach may have, and whether you might be first, last, or somewhere in between. It may be more convenient than airport bus, but may or may not be faster.

A private transfer will take you door to door and would obviously be the fastest but most expensive method.

You will find more info and links on page 1 of this topic which wil let you compare the various options.

I've read on another website that there have been some alterations to the route the airport bus takes, apparently it now makes 2 stops in Benidorm before going to the bus station.
It stops near the hotel Dynastic/Melia, (Rincon de loix) then stops in Avda Europa before going to the main bus station, the pick-up point in Jaime1 is now gone....it's also advertised to pick-up at these points.

Can anyone confirm this.?

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
If correct, it would certainly seem a strange move, as the whole idea of the new bus station was to get buses off the resort's streets. The plan was to eventually phase out the stops at Jaime 1 and Avenida Europa, with the airport service operating only to and from the new bus station.

If any changes have been made, they are not yet shown on the Alsa online timetables and booking system. Timetables still show their services from the airport going to the bus station, then on Avenida Europa, arriving 10 minutes later. Services to the airport are shown as starting at Avenida Europa, picking up at the bus station 10 minutes later.

:whoops I read that wrong.
It stops at the bus station first and then has 2 further stops (Rincon & Avda Europa)

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.