Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Just think gazmac. the more baby products you take and use up the more room you have for bringing back goodies.
Bluepeterno1
Hello lovely peeps!

We are going to mamaris on 1st Oct with a 16wk old baby. Does anyone know if Migros/Gima/Tansas sell sma baby milk and pampers? I remember migros having a big baby section but I didn't take note of what they sold!

I'm soooooo excited. Our fab friends from turkey called us to see how the baby was bless them. (I would ask them but they don't speak great english and probably wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about!).

Heehee not long now!

Thanks guys

love nikki xx
can't be of much help but Kippa is Tesco there is a brand new one in marmaris its not too far from town and there is a bus to there
we managed to get pampers but not johnsons wipes just a turkish brand available not too sure on the milk as the baby of our party is 2 now x
ooo thanks hayz,

It looks like they do sell sma but do I risk it for the sake of a couple of tins... mmm the dilemas, cos i would rather use readymade cartons whilst over there... I supose i could just ditch them. £13 for peace of mind AND i will have room to stuff my cases with all the purchases I make!! :D :D

I will take my pampers tho, just incase!

9wks 2 days yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I'm not excited honest!!

love nikki xx
nikkichick
I've been going to Marmaris for many years (my boys are now 5 & 2) and have taken my kids when babies but didn not see any SMA in Migros, just a turkish make. You may be able to buy in the new Tesc's or a chemist but probably very expensive!!!! To make sure your baby is OK I would take a couple of tins with you and when you go thru security at UK airport go to the Boots shop (if they have one) and buy a stack of ready made cartons...that's what i did last year, as last year security would not let me take thru so i had to bin them and buy more. You can get Pampers but there own make are OK and alot cheaper and it's only for 1/2 weeks anyway. Hope this helps. We go 17 Sept - 1 Oct, i cannot wait too. :lol: :lol:
thanks kazza,

you are a star! I will definately take my tins then.

I was thinking about the baby milk on the plane. I have read its ok to take babymilk now but im not 100% so i'm gunna call manchester airport. There is a boots but its only tiny and i dont trust them to have it in stock. When we went last september they didnt have any water on the shelves, the only drink left was iced tea yuk!! lol!!
Thanks so much!

love nikki xx
Hi All

I am thinking of returning to beautiful Turkey in September this year. I have been to Olu Deniz several times, but this time is a bit different as I am a new mummy and will be travelling with my 5 month old baby Olivia.

I am looking to book Asena Beach, has anyone stayed here with a baby and if so how did you find the facilities?? also is this the best hotel for a baby??

Has anyone travelled with a baby and what was your experiences good or bad???

All advice welcomed
Sarah x
i havent stayed at this hotel with a baby, but i did take my daughter to turkey for the first time when she was 6 mths old and had no problems at all. i packed ready made sma milk, disposable bottles. i bought all sun creams etc in the uk and took with us a little baby boat ring with a sun canopy which she loved for the pool, i bathed her in a bowl inside the shower as there wasnt any baths and that worked well. it was a good holiday and all went well, just need to be careful with water etc
hiya,

We are going 1st oct to marmaris (club alize) with our lil chick who will be 17wks old. we have stayed there twice already so I know it's really clean and has all the facillities we need. I can't decide wheither to take readymade cartons of sma or just tins of sma, i would need loads for 14nights! I will already be above my luggage with the steriliser, nappies, wipes, clothes etc (I have a 4yr old boy too who gets filthy in 5mins lol).

How many cartons did you take ellie_meg?

thanks

nikki xx
Hi Nikki

What a dilema travelling with babies is, I never realised. I have decided to take a tin of SMA and will use Evian water to make the feed. I found a lot of advice for travelling with babies on the http://www.babycentre.co.uk/community/

The advice I was given regarding food was that security at the airports may make you open up the bottles or cartons for you to taste the milk, I am unsure if this still happens if you have the cartons in with your luggage.

I have also decided to use sterilising tablets from boots as they have come highly recommended, and it may reduce the weight in your cases!!!.

Any ideas of temparatures in Sept/Oct?

Thanks
Sarah
The advice I was given regarding food was that security at the airports may make you open up the bottles or cartons for you to taste the milk, I am unsure if this still happens if you have the cartons in with your luggage.

Hi Peggy

Opening of bottles/carton only applies to milk carried in hand luggage

Hope this helps

Lynn
Thanks for the clarifcation.
we were lucky as i had my in laws with me and they were only staying a week and us 2 weeks and they took some of it in their cases which really helped, i cant remember how many i took as it was a few years ago but my daughter had started to go off milk by 6 mths which was a pain in some ways but meant i also didnt need quite so much, taking tins and using bottled water would be fine i was just being extra lazy lol
Thanks gals... lol i live on babycentre, i post every day i'm addicted lol!!

We went on 11 sept last year, it was lovely weather. We had 3 days of rain but all the locals said this was totally unusual. During the day it was about 30-32 and on a night warm enough to go out in a dress with no jacket or anything. It was warmer than when we went in may.

I think in oct it starts to cool a bit on an evening so i'll be taking a lil jacket. It should still be beaut weather tho! heehee can't wait!

love nikki xx
Does anybody know if we can get baby foods, nappies etc in Side? if so what type are available. we are prepared to take everything just in case but was just wondering what was available?

*Merged to existing topic Briar
just back from icmeler with our 10month old grandson,we took his sma in a sealed bag to save weight. we also bought 4 ready made cartons from asda and put 1 in bottle(had to taste it at customs) and the others in case for return journey, we used only nestle water as that as a low sodium content.we took our own nappies but you could get pampers there ,i took boots sterlising tablets and used the drawer out of the fridge for sterilising.we lost a bottle and had to buy another in gima ,he wouldnt use it the teat was too long .also found that his bottle with handles seemed to leak alot in the heat, we also bought a duck fan from mothercare for the buggy, complete waste of time no effect at all. we took all his clothes in our hand luggage,we also took a paddling pool with a palm tree shade ,,we used this alot as he didnt like the pool due to the sun in his eyes,i got a uva shade 50% to attach over his buggy hood and this completly kept him covered from the sun and was also effective on a night to help him to sleep when we were out and about.we had a little blew up boat that was big enough for him to sit in on the boat trips we did ,,we did lots of these as it was cooler out at sea with the breaze,he never once got a hint of sun on his body,we also had the uva swim suits which covered his body and he was never without a hat,the only problem we had was the cot provided ..it didnt have high enough sides and i would recommend you take a travel cot,baby jars are far and few between mostly fruit based,we took powdered food which i took out of boxes and labeled to save on weight,he also ate mash and veg when we were in restaraunts,all in all i think we did a good job and the holiday was trouble free,i did see babies in just nappies round the pool no shade from sun at all :roll: anyone needing advice just ask and i will try and help xxx jan
ooo jan you are a gem.

Thank you so much for your post it was really helpful. Looks like they are still making us try milk... my friend went last month and she didnt have to taste it so i was all excited but she must have just been lucky.

I never thought of using the fridge drawer, clever you!! I was thinking of buying a plasic tub while over there.

Do they sell nestle water in huge bottles or just little ones and can you buy it everywhere?

That lil paddling pool sounds fab. I was thinking I wouldnt be able to do a boat trip this year but maybe we can wahooo!! Where did you get the little paddling pool from? I remember I had one when my lil boy was a baby, think it came from elc but that was 4yrs ago.

When you sterilised with tablets do you have to rinse the tablets off? How long do they take?

Thanks huni

love nikki xx
ooo jan, one more thing. I know babies don't get a baggage allowence but are they allowed a hand luggage or do I have to put all her nappies, wipes milk etc in mine?
thanks!
love nikki xx
hi nikki,i used our hand luggage,we took far too many clothes 14 day sets and 14 night sets ,,half of which he didnt wear,i put his milk in our suitcase ,you can buy ready milk in boots in departures,the little boat i got from the £1 shop,but if you use the mega diana boat i left it on there :lol: the nestle water came in the big bottle ,,our apartments owner got it for me as i emailed him before we left, but i have seen it in the local shops the boat trips were the best days ,no worries about being in the sun all day,sat under the shade ,the breeze was lovely, saying that we hardly had him :lol: the captain and his crew never let go of him :wink: we went on 4 boat trips the steri tablets last 24hrs i just changed the water, and rinsed the bottles in boiled nestle water ,one thing i did notice he had a heat rash for the first 3 days ,,but after we got air con and he was ok,dont put the milk in youre hand luggage ,,have it on show,i took a tin and a bottle of dinner in case he was hungry ,,they took the tin off me but let me keep the jar strangeeeeeeeeee lol i got extra few jars from boots in departures ,,rember though they shut at 10pm if youve got a night flight,xxx jan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.