Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
argh!
84 Posts
yeah definately huni... you can take as much powder as you like, its just the water thats the issue!

not long now!

love nikki xx
right so stupid question! how do they know what the powder is dont want them questioning it, obviously its yellow in colour. i am prob panicking for nothing but you do!!!!

23rd cant come quick enough.
They'll know what the powder is, its obvious when you have a babe with you. they will have hundreds of babies go though everyday with it.

Stop worrying huni, you'll be fine!

love nikki xx
thanks for that. i am fine now sorted. just panic dont you bout silly things.

what currency are you taking?
I'm taking half english, half lira. If you take english you get better rates out there for lira but i cant be bothered with the hassle to save a few quid.

we will get told off for off topic lol!!

there is a currency thread, most peeps take mainly english. You get better deals on clothes and trips with english but food id usually lira

love nikki xx
Hi, can any parents advise on what baby products you can get in Migros, Tansas or Kippa? Particularly powdered milk brands, jars of food and nappies.

Any help would be great, thanks
Hi this is a question that comes up quite often ,if you search you will find quite a bit of information on back posts.

Bluepeterno1
Nice one sioux , had a quick search myself but was just in for quick bite of lunch ,thats the thread i was looking for. :tup

Bluepeterno1
I thought I had replied to this yesterday - I must be going mad :duh

Anyway I can't help with baby milk because I breastfed my baby when I lived there but I can help with nappies - you can get Prima, which are Pampers, Molfix, Canbaby and Evybaby, which are all good, the Turkish brands are cheaper but just as good as the Prima. you will also be able to get baby wipes; Johnsons, Prima, Nivea as well as the Turkish brands and the supermarket own ones.

You can get jars of food but there isn't much choice and they don't taste particularly nice, you can also get powdered cereals and foods, which can be mixed with water plus pureed fruits and baby yogurts.

How old is your baby?

Kedi
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=118709&p=1184290#p1184290

Glad we will be able to buy nappies, we are staying near Migros in Marmaris, in fact across the road from it,behind the police station

Thanks

John
Hi we did the normal thing of taking loads of things like nappies/wipes etc as we didn't know if they had them in turkey.
to be honest its just like being at home.
go into any tansas (we think is owned by tesco as their products have the blue,white and red labelling)
they sell everything like pampers,huggies etc sometimes a little pricy as theyre imported but is easier than taking them with you.
they also sell other branded goods but with different names but same product e.g snickers/marathon.
food wise they sell most english brands too but arent cheap as theyre imported too but their own goods are really cheap - even if you dont understand what the name means the pictures show you that theyre still baked beans etc.
they also sell all the top brands of toiletries and suncare so were not taking bucket fulls of stuff this time. we'll just buy what we need when we get there.
the restaurants are really freindly especially to familys with free ice creams or sweets etc for the little ones.
enjoy youre holiday. we certainly did and are going back this august.
:tup
Kıpa ıs owned by tesco not tansas :offtop :)
Thanks for that, didn't know that. what i meant was that products in tansas have the style of labelling as tesco value range thats all, much clearer now.
where is this other one, is there one in marmaris?
hi, this will be my 3rd time to olu, staying at the karbel.. we fly out on 2nd of june, and although i cannot wait, im also slightly nervous as aswell as myself, hubby and 5yr old daughter, i also have a 3 month old son {the holiday was my hubbys gift for having him}.. im just nervous and unsure of what too pack... how to steralize bottle, warm milk etc.. any advice would b great. :que
when i took my daughter as a baby i went for the easiest option for me, and that was disposable bottles so i wouldnt have to worry about sterilising & ready made cartoon sma milk. we did stay in sc so i was able to heat milk up as your staying in a hotel im sure they would heat the milk for you, i know a lot of my friends give their babies milk at room temp . so dont worry you will get by fine
The best thing i ever bought for my daughter when she took her baby son to turkey with us for the first time was a small travel kettel, with that and sterilising tablets she kept his bottles clean no prob and used the hot water to make his feeds with his usual powdered milk . Only cost a couple of quid.

Bluepeterno1
Hi Kedi,

She will be 7 and a half months when we go. Have bought steri tablets to use there, am taking one pack of nappies and wipes and will just buy in Tansas when we get there. Have also decided that the easiest thing now she is eating my dinners every night is to pack our small hand held blender and as we are self catering just to blitz her something every night from foods either at the apartments or what we buy in Tansas. Have a 3 and a half year old too so gonna stock up on crisps, yogurts, bread and juice from Tansas too. Not so stressed about it now.

With regard to the journey over, gonna buy steribottles from Tesco that you dispose of and cartons of milk to see us through the journey plus a couple of jars and snacks.
for any one holidaying in hisaronu ,ovacik or olu deniz there is a great baby hire company
i will personally recommend sharron and gwen take a look at there web site
very handy with the weight restrictions on most holiday airlines
http://www.hisaronu.co.uk/traveltots/index.htm
and its at a fair price as well :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.