Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi there,

i managed to get some sterlising bags they last for 24 hours and you just add water it also states not that i would try that they are suitable for use with foreign water!

cant wait now, too stressful though trying to organise everything. am i right in thinking then that i can take SMA tin in my suitcase and just put her full bottles in my bag for what she needs before we get there. its all too confusing!!!
hi huni,

i am taking cooled boiled water for the plane with my powder seperate & then tins of sma in my case for while we are there. I'm going to take a couple of 250ml readymade packs for the way back.

i think i'm getting there now but its been a right mission thinking about it all!

love nikki xx
are you just going to ask on the plane for hot water to warm the bottle? do they allow you to take the powder in a container, how are you going to test it?

can you take ready made bottles say 9oz on plane?
hiya, she will have it at room temperature but the air hostesses will warm it for you if you ask them.

I have got one of those avent milk powder container things. I got it from mothercare for a fiver it holds 3 seperate feeds worth of powder. You are allowed as much powder as you want its just the liquids they make you test.

You will be able to take a 9oz readymade bottle but you will prob have to taste it.

We'll be fine I'm sure!

love nikki xx
ditch the tin and take a sealed bag ,i used a large document wallet with a sealed top ..saved on weight, the bottles you make up you may have too taste.we flew from newcastle nikki .i have the boats number if you want to phone for a pick up ..the office is hard to find if you dont know where too look. you could just walk down the marina at night and pop aboard and book .if you read the forums on boat trips you will see the mega diana is mentioned lots of times ,, it is the best boat all inc and enough sunbeds for each person , 62 beds 62 people ..so you can be in shade or on a bed no problem ,, also you stay on youre bed and the drinks are brought to you, bottled beer not plastic cups ,ham and cheese toasties for breakfast too .im sure youre holiday will go as smoothly as ours did ,only trouble i think was that i was thinking that when we home when it gets dark he thinks hes going out :lol: your baby will be much easier i think .nathan was 10months and wanted to crawl everywhere,which was a nitemare. :D weve got a lovely dvd off the boat of him getting bathed in the silver bucket .the captain throwing it over his legs and him in hysterics :lol: .i did see alot of baby rice over there.oh and he loved that yogurt and water drink that the turkish people drink ..i think it was the salt :lol: he even kept licking his fingers off the sea water :lol:
thanks for that, i do have a powder container so could use that but can you take a flask on board then?! i have one of those fisher price ones not too big?
ahhh thanks jan, please could you pm me the boat number if you don't mind! I took my lil boy to cyprus at 8mths and it was a nightmare him crawling allover the place and climbing up the furniture only to fall on the marble floor... i wreckon a 4mth old is loads easier!

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday... bless him for thinking its time to go out when it gets dark!

raychael, i will just take the cooled boiled water in each bottle. The air hostess will warm it. You will be able to take a flask aslong as you taste the water.

27 sleeps!

love nikki xx
ok thanks for that will deicd e whats best to do.

she will be nearly 5 months when we go, but booking a hol to majorca in May and i know it wont be much of a break to this as she will be one!!!!!
ooo i kno what you mean!!

love nikki xx
ok Nikki help!!!

i thought to myself i was just going to take the feeds for the journey made up and ready to warm, but upon checking with Manchester airport yesterday she stressed that we wouldnt be able to take them through if they exceed 100ml in each bottle. i am so confused of what to do, do we risk it and buy at Boots even in a flask you can only have 100ml of water????
Hi huni, thats not right huni.... we i hope not... i went on the first choice website and it said...

*Edit to remove copied material from FC please provide link Briar

My friends went from manchester and took 7oz milk in one bottle, she didnt have to taste it... mmm i'm stressing now! Think I will call them too!

love nikki xx
Oh how rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just looked on the manchester airport website and it said babymilk has to be 100ml or less so I called them. She was soooooooo rude. I was really polite...

Me: I bet you are sick of answering this...
she interupted: We don't have time to answer your question, phone your airline.
Me: I have and they say different to Manchester airport website.
Her (abruptly): I don't have time to answer you, phone your airline.
Me: That's a bit rude, I was just saying Manchester airposrt says different to my airline, do I just go with what my airline says?'
Her: Yes

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! Sorry bry for the caps but how rude!! But surely the airport over-rides the airline?!!!

All i can say is there are loads of peeps who have babies and have taken more than 100ml milk... there are peeps on this thread so i think we will be fine. Very annoyed at rude cow lady tho!!

love nikki xx
Right... lol... i just checked the heathrow website which was much more helpful, it had FAQ's and allsorts. it says...

Exceptions to the 100ml rule can be made for baby food or milk. However, you should only carry what you need for the flight, and you may be asked to taste these items at security control.

So I think we'll be fine... I reckon manchester website just needs updating!

love nikki xx
thanks for that, will just have to take them and see what happens!!!! Boots is there on a worst case anyway if they have the stock. they cant let you go without surely.
i recently travelled with a baby. i took 7 bottles made up with 100ml of water and powder in a dispenser. Manchester airport made me test the water. I combined 2 bottles after to make enough up for each feed. they did have cartons at the boots shop but not many. i give mine food at room temp so warming wasnt a problem but the hostesses on the plane said they would do it for me if needed. i took powder with me and im glad i did as it is very expensive. travelling with a baby wasnt as bad as i expected, in fact he was good as gold.

just one thing - with all this testing of liquids, why dont they make you taste your shampoo or any other liquids??????????????
thanks kath, thats good to know

love nikki xx
i am so confused dont know what to do for the best really. its so hard. i'll just have to do the 100ml thing and take a load of bottles we are going with inlaws so it wont be too bad as they can take bottles too.
we had no problems at newcastle,i thought the 100ml thing was just for toiletries and medication.common sense tells security that babies drink more than 100mls,we had to taste a made up bottle though.we were ok as our grandson was 10months and only needed 1 bottle during journey i asume it would be harder with younger babies not yet weaned.xxx jan
thanks jan, sorry briar... i forgot we wern't allowed to copy stuff

love nikki xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.