Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
blue bay escape
112 Posts
hi LOUISE LANCS :D :D :D :D

Long time no hear. you can tell i looking at holidays now as i back on this siite. so you are going back to corfu good for you it was a nice place . we thinking of the red sea riviera this year all inclusive as it supposed to be a up and coming resort have not booked yet checking this site first :) i wonder what Jasmine up to this year :? happy hols when you going
Hi gobby,
nice to hear from you we are going to bbe 12th sept basically same fortnight as last year, we really liked it there and we cant find another holiday anywhere near as cheap for our party, will cost appros £2100 for 2 adults 3 children by the time we have upgraded to ai at the hotel let me know where you end up going happy hunting :P :P :P :P :P :P
Hi Louise Lanc

still looking at red sea riviera at mo. we wont be taking our eldest this year as she has exams and she already going on a school trip to france and belgium in May. we looking at paying around £2000 all inclusive at the hotel golden resort which would be the same as last year. but still wanting some updated reviews :roll: :roll: :roll:

anyway hope you and family well speak soon x :D :D :D
Hi there - I hope one (or probably all) of you can help me? I have been looking for an all inclusive holiday for myself, hubby and two teenage girls. The problem is that the age of my kids now makes it really hard to get anything for less than about £3,500!! I had liked the look of the BBE and read that you were talking about booking AI when you got there. Is this possible and how can I check?? Also do you have any idea of how much it would cost? Do you do it thro the hotel or thro first choice? Do go self catering in school hols is less than £2000 - so it makes a huge difference. Hope you can help.
Many thanx.
Hi, book self catering through eclipse internet company owned by first choice then upgrade when you get to the hotel direct with them 32 euros per person per day age 12 and over just check ai price on eclipse might not work out much different if you have to upgrade for all your passengers we have 3 children under 12 so only have to upgrade for 2 of us which works out cheaper hope this helps any other questions please dont hesitate to ask :P
HI lOUISE LANC

well we done it booked the red sea riviera for end september all inc and it worked out cheaper then last year to corfu. so can not wait now yehoo :D :D
hope you well and looking forward to your hols i can't wait now getting excited already :roll: still liked corfu though BBE is great
hi just to let you know blue bay is a great place, me,my husband and 3 children went last june. i would go again. the food is great, the staff and reps are really nice. the only down side is its a little far out, but if you have a car you have nothing to worry about. the weather was great, the views of the albanian mountains are superb. the hotel overall is just fantastic. hope you enjoy it to. debx
:D thinking of going here in september,anyone been latley the flight times are late night is it best booking late room on net or can you get the room at the hotel.is it a good time to go will weather be still nice,any paticular room to ask for which is best ie:sea view or pool view high room or lower ground would be grateful for any info thanks :P
I went to Blue Bay Escape last year in August and was very happy with it. Our room was on the ground floor which was alright though the sea views are very nice as you can see great views of Albania apparantly.

I think the weather is as good as it is in August in September.

Worst thing about Corfu in general is their airport is the worst.
Baggage reclaim is rubbish as there are 2 carousels and they break down every 2 minutes but other than that it was great.
We are going in September and I was a bit dubious about the weather as my son went to Corfu in September and it rained the whole time then but apparantly it can be as hot as it is in July and August. So, it is just the same as anywhere really you never know what the weather is going to be like. I heard the mozzies can be a problem in September. As for the baggage reclaim, shall look forward to that experience. If only I could take two weeks stuff in hand luggage that would help a lot!
we went last september nice and hot 2 rainy days, the pool view and sea view are one in the same it depends on your size of party as the nearest apartments to the sea are smaller ones up to 4 in a one bedroom, we are a family of 5 and we were in the next row back goldfinger block and we could still see the sea obviously the 1st floor up was the better view than the ground floor we have asked for the same room this year when we go back on 12th sept :P
i got back from blue bay about 2 weeks we was in the solitiere suite which was handy when returning cases (i recommend taking euro change as a porter brings your cases to your room) i would say ask for either james bond or gold finger block. if you have room in your case TAKE A PILLOW as they are a bit naff. also tell the kids to use the steps at the pool as the sides are a bit rough.

overall a very good family holiday reps were gr8 if lexy or sarah or laughin' larner are there say hi from adam
Im due to travel to the complex on 2-9-05 for 2 weeks. A group of us with children ranging from 3-15 years old any tips and also will there be enough to do. Would appreciate any advice as my children all enjoy being entertained with the ages varying so do their requirements
Does anyone know the cost of watersports at the blue Bay Escape - Things like the Scuba Diving etc - I cant find a website or anything on the Internet about the hotel.
Any help is appreciated!
Hi keitheastwood and happening we are traveling to the bbe for the 2nd time on the 12th sept keith the kids will be fine the adult entertainment isnt up to much but if the kids are happy then its a great hol as far as we are concerned there are kids clubs age ranging into the teens 3 or 4 different clubs with diff age ranges 3-5 6-8 9-15 something like that there is also a creche for under 3's even when the clubs are not on the reps are walking round the pool area for volunteers for bowls, footie, quizzes etc not to mention the 2 beaches next to the hotel believe me they wont be bored at night there is award ceremonies at the disco for the winners of the games in the day they love it, happening my hubi is a keen scuba diver which he did alot last year whilst at the blue bay so the fact that we are going back if you are a diver you will know it must have been good diving, the local club kassiopi scuba club have a hut by the pool at the bbe but they have nothing to do with the hotel most days the scuba lads come to the pool after dinner and if anyone is interested they will take you around the pool for free this is also when you can arrange your scuba activities with them, if you book a dive you get the free bus to kassiopi from the hotel and then the lads drop you off at the hotel at the end of the dive, my hubi went approx 5 times and my daughter went once he paid approx £130 altogether hope this helps we love the place so any questions just ask. ttfn Louise :P :P :P
Hi Louise Lanc

i am back on this site again after making a really difficult discision i decided to change my holiday from sharm after the bomb it really upset me to do it its taken me since saturday to do this as we were really looking forward to it :cry: :cry: but with young kids i could not take the risk i would never relax :cry: i just hated giving in to these b's but could not take risk with kids in tow. anyway off to bbe again and i am sure we will have a good time as last year. hope you and your family well speak soon x
We have also changed our holiday from Egypt we was going to the Coral Sear Resort but when the dreadful thing ouucred there we couldnot take the risk by taking our children there we have manged to change to the Blue Sea resort and now departing 8th August from Gatwick for 2 weeks with my hubbie and 2 children 9 and 13. Looking forward to the holiday and hopefully there will be alot of families with kids the same age as ours. It looks really nice in the brochure and with the good review I cant wait to go plus also to escape the awlful weather in the Uk. Roll on sunshine
Allison
hi abranch (alison)

glad to hear from someone who had to change like me. you will enjoy the blue bay it is lovely and good fun for the kids any info you need let me know. hope we all get to sharm next year please god

take care
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.