Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
blue bay escape
112 Posts
hi Louise

yes it was our dream holiday and at the time of booking we got it cheaper then the blue bay i am really gutted :cry: :cry: any way it was not meant to be. we are off to bbe on the 30th september for 2 weeks looking forward to getting away from our weather here typical when kids break up it pours down. :lol: :lol: do you know any good mozzie cream as were eaten alive last year nothing seemed to work when we were there
Hi Gobby,

If you look at http://www.travelwithcare.com they do alot of mosqueito repellants which we have used and I ordered more to take to Egypt but it looks like will need to take to Corfu now we are going there and the repel 55 is very good and can be bought from that site.
Is the all inclusive good there as we are going all inclusive and also did you go to the aqua park is that any good. Hopefully there will be other kids my kids ages 9 and 13. Looking really forward to going now and it was upseting that we had to change our holiday and not go to Egypt but maybe we will go another time.
Allison
Hi abranch
thanks for the mozzies site i will look at it today. the all inc is excellent plenty of choice for everyone you should find no faults there. the kids will make friends quick as there are a lot of familys there and the entertainment team last year organised loads of activities it was brill. i have children and they really enjoyed it. try valentinos out of back gate down road on left for early evening cocktails it was lovely. when do you go :?:
hi gobby, we didnt do too bad last year with the mozzies i took 2 different ones jungle juice as i call it im sure you know which one i mean and boots own high strength one they both worked for us. :P
Hello, we are off to bbe on 19th August and have a night flight home :( , we couldnt book a late check out on our room when booked.Could anyone tell me if they have managed to book a late check out when they arrived.

Many thanks in anticipation!
Mandy
x
Hi Mandy

when i was there last year we booked a late room at reception a couple of days before departure no problem at all and if i remember it was cheaper then booking it with first choice, hope this helps :D :D i bet you can not wait to go away from this horrible weather
Hi gobby

Thanks for the info.We will try and book a room when we arrive. Counting the days now.Lets hope the weathers good when we get out there! last time we went to corfu we had tropical storms!!
read the reviews, but can someone tell me first had, is the sea calm, went to rhodes and it was so rough you couldnt get into it. Also any idea what the weather is like in October, normally go to dodecanese or crete and its lovely, no rain, and same time of year. is there a disco bar at all, or one that plays music, what time do the bars on the complex close?
many thaks
hi Nadine 66

the sea is calm either side of the complex it is lovely. when do you go in october we go 30th september for 2 weeks. the entertainment bar by the pool closes at 11 or 12 can not remember but up in the lounge bar they serve till 1. there is a cocktail bar down the road that has music till god knows what time in morning we went early evening last year for cocktails as we had young kids so had to stay on complex after dinner. is this first time to corfu and blue bay it is a bit isolated but a lovely place can not fault it any more help let me know as me and louise lanc who also posts on this site were there last year :D :D :D
bb
Hi Gobby.

You seem to really like this hotel as you are going back again!!!!

Could you tell me what the beaches are like?

I am a real beach person....but I do like my own space, not sunbeds bumper to bumper like on some beaches!!

Also in the AI package....does it include the sunbeds on the beach or do you have to pay extra.....and if so, do you know how much?

One more question and then I'll leave you alone :lol: does the hotel sit directly on the beach?

Many thanks :wink:
Hi Harrysharon

Know the name :lol: :lol: :lol: have we met before :lol: :lol:

hotel is just above the beach you have 2 beaches one each side go out of complex gate and choose left or right. yes you do have to pay for sunbeds but it was very cheap i remember and no the sunbeds are not bumper to bumper there is a lot of space when we went it is quiter on the beach then the complex. on the beach you have blue water looking directly across to albenia it is beautiful
Thanks gobby,
like somewhere with calm waters, looking to book for next year, but noy sure on the climate for corfu in mid october.
bb
Hi Gobby

Been looking to book this hotel for next May.
Is it only available through first choice and there sister company eclipse direct? I know that first choice actually own alot of hotels now.
I like to compare prices with various travel agents but can only find the BB with these two companies.
Hi all i have heard that it is not going to be exclusive to first choice next year hence some problems booking for next year on line its only good news for us punters in my opinion we get a benefit from travel companies fighting over us and get our hols cheaper well heres hoping :glynis
t - 26 days to go ish cant wait for our 2nd visit to the bbe :P
We're off to BBE in October having moved our holiday from the one I won't name in turkey. I have only been on one previous AI in Costa del Sol where the alcohol was watered down. Given the reports coming from Turkey are also suggesting this is the case, whats the situation at the BBE. I have no wish to get drunk while at the same time no wish to spend the week drinking water and ice!

Other question. We don't much like the idea of the 1 hour 30 minute bus journey immediately after the 4 hour 30 min flight, we don't mind the toddler will. Does anyone know how long a taxi would be? Would they fit all five of us with suitcases and if not are mini buses available?
hi dinglebert the journey was quite pleasant to be honest i dont know if your travelling in the day but you see some beautiful scenery, iv got 3 children i made sure they had a drink saved for that journey and i took them an activity book that i saved for the bus ride, ps its only 3 half hour flight so see iv saved you an hour already, oh yeh drinks are fine most people complain about the little plastic cups but as the bar is by the pool there plastic for obvious reasons if you want a long beer in a glass you can get one in the hotel main bar hope this helps any more questions fire away no probs we go 12th sept for the 2nd time :P :P :P :P :P

oh pps it would still take you an hour in the car provided you dont get lost on the way i would stick with the bus :P
If you go to BBE on self catering then it will be the WORST holiday of your life.
This time next week on our way to bbe for 2nd time cant wait :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Hi all just back from another fantastic holiday at the bbe even better weather than last year any questions feel free :P :P :P :P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.