Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
blue bay escape
112 Posts
Gosh Louise 4800k is serious money, I don't understand why family plus costs so much more than just family. From what you say I think a one bed would be great for us, at present nobody has made 5 foot six yet :shock: (apart from my husband :D ). A Studio 4 would be cheaper though, I wonder if anyone on here has stayed in a studio and could give me a view as to if they would be OK for a family with older kids.?
Hi doepsmc, if your ok with sofa beds you will be ok in a studio, i mean your hardly ever in your room, i guess it boils down to whether you want to be separate from the kids try and imagine being at home with just a bathroom and 1 bedroom and you all showering and getting dressed i wouldnt mind at the mo with my 3 girls under 12 but i would imagine in years to come it being a bit weird especially for hubi of course you could always get dressed in the bathroom :oops: :oops: :P
Hi.

Me and family are think of going to the Blue Bay Escape in June 2007.

We are a bit confused about the kids clubs though. By the time June'07 comes around our kids will be aged 6 & 5. Would this mean they have to go in seperate kids clubs as I am sure i read that the ages of the clubs are 3-5 and 6-8?

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Seasider. :D
Hi

I came back from the blue bay on the 13th may and had a great time. There was a wavelength club and all of the other kids clubs. The clubs were fantastic and the kids reps were great.

Would go back only if the adult evening entertainment was improved.
Hi Seasider28uk they would be in seperate clubs but theres nothing to stop the 6 year old going in the younger one and sometimes activities are both clubs together, there are also things going on all day seperate to the clubs were the reps come round the pool asking the kids to join in stuff,

hope this helps :P
Thanks Louise.
Somebody else told me that my 6 year old would not be able to join in with the younger group due to First Choice insurance reasons (ie the club is for 3-5 year olds and therefore FC aren't covered)?
Don't know if this is correct or not.
Obviously this will have a big bearing on who we book with next year as it is nice to have a couple of hours of rest!!!!
Thanks.
Seasider
Hi Seasider28uk as far as i am aware the insurance thing refers to kids being too young for the club ie your 5 year old going in the 6-8 club, email them and then you'l know
bluebay@rokashotels.gr

regards Louise :P
Hi, booked to go to bbe on 3rd july this year. Has anyone ever stayed in a studio room cos we're booked into one and now l've read previous posts about the sofa beds i'm a bit unsure cos my 15 year old is 6ft tall! :? Anyone else going same day as us, we're flying from Manchester early flight?
Hi, just moving over from my previous forum for the Kos Aqua Beach Club, where we were casualties of cancellations. As our alternative holiday we opted for Blue Bay Escape, and depart Birmingham on 21st July, for two glorious weeks of Corfu sunshine. We have been before, 3 years ago the year it first opened and it will be interesting to see what minor adjustments they have made. I see it has mixed reviews, but we enjoyed it very much. It is a beautiful complex, very clean, very spacious, fantastic views. Hope we enjoy it as much second time round.
:lol:
Hi everyone - we are booked to go to Blue bay on 28th july for 2 weeks - with our 3 kids aged 6.3 and 18 months. Does anyone know if smart 3/4 length trousers can be worn for evening meal? Does the no shorts rule apply for children too as I wasn't planning on taking any trousers for my son
We've just returned from Blue Bay Escape, don't worry about the long trousers rule as there were fellas wearing shorts and sporty type 3/4 length trousers in the restaurant.
We enjoyed our stay, its a nice resort, very clean, but my kids found it boring as did we, in the evenings there is absolutely nothing to do as the only entertainment is bingo apart from one night when there were some Greek folk dancers on. There isn't even anywhere to else to go as St. Spyridon is very small, only 2 shops and 2 pubs. Needless to say, we won't be returning.
Hi
Hi, I thought there was no one home on this site, I'm glad to see there is.

Staceyb, as I said in my mail I went to BBE 3 years ago, and they were very strict on the "Long Trousers" code, to the point of the restaurant manager asking the gentlemen not to ware shorts to dinner again, they did seem fine with 3/4 sports pants and even Jeans though, I think it is only the shorts they object to. That said it was their first season, and the standards may have dropped by now - but to save any embarrassment, I would take trousers, jeans or 3/4's which ever is the most comfortable for the person. It is still very warm in the evenings.
Staceyb l emailed the hotel before we went and they replied that kids are ok in shorts and men could wear jeans. However, it was very relaxed and as l said, a lot of blokes wore shorts and no-one said a thing. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, very hot, and it was very warm in the evenings, we were all fine in t shirts down at the pool bar but invest in some decent insect repellant, the mozzies took a liking to me and i was bitten at least 15 times :(
c taylor, we were also KAB casualties and before that we were Corfu Aqua Beach casualties. Having said that, we bailed out of KAB when we saw Holiday Hit Squad as l didnt want to be cancelled at the last minute. I was watching the KAB forum after l re-booked and hoping it would be ok for those hanging in there. Just wish l had looked for something with more going on than BBE :roll:
c taylor and lilywhite - thanks for your info - I will make sure my husband packs at least one pair of jeans and some 3/4 lengths. Looks like BBE is the replacement for all the Aqua Beach Clubs as I was a casualty of Corfu, Kefalonia and Kos - now at least I am back to the original Island.

Entertainment (or lack of) is a bit of a shame but to be honest with 3 small kids a mini disco will be ideal and by the time the day is over I will just want to relax.

I will make sure I pack the mozzie spray.
Hi all had problems getting on the site but now im back, we have been to the bbe twice now 3/4 pants ok for men anything for kids but my hubi wore some smart shorts down to the knee last time in sept with a smart shirt they werent even sports wear and he was asked to leave and change, my hubi was a bit embarrassed so i wouldnt chance it, please be mindful that this is only in the evening this rule applies, you can wear shorts for breakfast and the lunch is served outside at the pool. lilywhite the people you saw in shorts must have been lucky not to be noticed my hubi wore the same outfit the previous year and no one said a thing so they must just not have noticed but they did last time :P :P :P 5 weeks to go to Egypt :P :P :P
Hi everyone,

1 week to go for me (if I ever get ready in time). Just a tip that may help anyone, the BBE is very near a fresh water lake and has quite a mosquito problem. A recommendation that was given to me many years ago was to take 1 piriton tablet everyday for 3 weeks prior to going on holiday and to continue this whilst you are away. I have always done this and never before been bitten until I went to BBE the first year it opened. Granted, the mozzi problem was very serious as their natural habitat had just had a few hundred extra meals provided and believe me some of the bites we saw were pretty nasty, a doctor was on call to administer injections to those who had really bad reactions and they even took to spraying the nature reserve by air in order to try and get the population of the little suckers down. Not that I am trying to scare anyone, just relaying my personal experience of a few years ago. I am very sure that 3 years on the situation is nothing like then. Anyway, I got bit a couple of times there for the first time in my life there and had nothing but a little white pimple to show for it, which just itched for a very short while and I am sure it is due to the antihistamine I already had built up in my body as thy say "prevention is better than cure" So if it's not too late for you get on the piriton (I use Lloyds, or Asda, own brand - much cheaper) any brand will do. They do make you drowsy, so I suggest like myself take them at night before bed.

7 more sleeps and 5 more work getting up's :lol:
Hi ctaylor we have been to the bbe in 2004 and 2005 we love it and prob over both years between a family of 5 got 20 bites hope you have a fab time unfortunately we cant afford the school hol prices there this year or we would be going back so red sea for us this year have a great time :P
hi does this hotel offer towel hire for around pool,and is the mozzies as bad they say
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.