Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
blue bay escape
112 Posts
Hiya all

My Girlfriend and I are travelling to the BBE at the end of October. Can anyone give me some advice on weather/temperatures in both the daytime and nightime. Also does anyone know if the Aqua park will still be open during this time of the year.

Any info will be greatly received.
Hi mr simpson take at look at the following thread for weather averages

http://www.traveleshop.com/weather/cfuw.shtml

wizard
Hi mr simpson, i doubt the aqua park will be open but dont quote me maybe someone will reply who is located in corfu, we didnt go to acharavi this year but last year the small one there was closed by end sept dont know about the aqualand the main waterpark, Hi gobby yes same staff few diff reps kids had a fab time sam who does wavelength 9-15 year olds was great she came with us to the airport and my daughter was crying when we left her :bawl if you see her say hi from georgia, the food just as good only diff they had an asian night very good beef curry, kids didnt get any bites i got 4 hubi 1 but we didnt get bothered my mozzis much last year either wasps still pests but managed not to get stung this year i emailed them this time for the same room which we got, had a couple of lucky nights won the bingo the 1st week 91 euros then last week i won key to the box which had rolled over most of our holiday to 280 euros so went shopping on the bus to kasiopi on sat night on my own and visited a few jewellers :P :P :P oh and one good thing this year you dont have to get your kids booked it for the clubs you just go along last year our kids missed out on a few coz people were writing there kids names down for every session :P :P
Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if the hotel has got its own website?
hi louise

thanks for all info,lucky you winning twice and good you went shops for yourself I always find any extra money i have goes on the kids even though i say i'm treating myself.so no booking at kids clubs thats a good idea as we forgot to book a few times and it was already full.i will say hello to sam for you i wont forget. really exited now so are the kids just need to get one mozzies plug today and thats all and finish packing . we fly from liverpool tomorrow at 1.35 yehooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D :D :D :D :D
hi gobby hope you had a lovely holiday
louise xxxxxxxx
I noticed on the brochure information that the hotel don't allow you to wear shorts and t-shirts for dinner. Is this enforced or can you wear what you want?
hi yes they do enforce this you can wear what you want at breakfast but must be long pants in evening it is a bit frustrating my husband had some very smart 3/4 pants on and they asked him to change but they allow jeans :roll: :roll:
Thanks for the info

We are going on Monday next week.

Any advice for a 1st time visitor to this resort?
hi mr simpson, weve been twice now if youve any specific questions please ask, as for advice take your snorkel great place out of the back of the hotel towards the beach turn right and walk as far as you can great snorkeling there bit hard getting in off the rocks do what we did and jump off the jetty great fun otherwise just expect not alot near the hotel except 2 gorgeous beaches one of them to the left a blue flag beach if you want more shops restaurants etc take full advantage of the free bus going to kassiopi or acharavi regards louise :P
ps if you want to book a trip get the courtesy bus to kassiopi and go to cosmic on the main street next to the park (swings, roundabout etc) they are cheaper than the ones next to the hotel
hi Louise
got back from bbe last friday got a nice welcome from hotel staff who remembered us from last year and also from valentinos down the road where we went for cocktails. hotel still nice food still good location great but it was still very busy at that time, last year was not so busy in october. first choice have let standards slip at the bbe we had a lot of trouble with groups of teenagers not supervised our bed linen was not changed for a whole week had to complain standards have slipped a lot since last year, not a lot of security on at night, kept awake in the second week by a lot of noise and the language was disgusting.would not go back again, as the impression we got this year is that it is now an up market butlins it is such a shame as it is a beautiful place :( :( :( :( kids reps brill and great to see super shonney again and she also remembered us bless :D :D
gosh im really surprised as we are only back 3 weeks sounds like you went to a different place, cant understand that :roll: weve booked red sea riviera for next year have to go in august next year and it was a £1000 less than spain and greece etc...
Just back today from a week at Blue Bay. To be honest I can't fault it, which is unusal for me. Everything just a described in the brocure. No problems. Even the weather was great. Only one mild day all week which was yesterday, mind you today wasn't looking too hot but then I was travelling back.

After all my complaining about first choice and turkey, my decision to change to blue bay paid off.
Thinking of booking for next year, what is the weather like middle to end of october (roughly)
is the sea calm, is it gently shelving and what is the snorkelling like. Children are all water babies, so we like to have calm seas, many thanks
Just returned from an excellent week at the Blue Bay Escape.

In response to your questions Nadine the weather last week was very good, we had clear blue skys & hot temperatures all week (don't know if this is the norm for late October). The sea is calm although a little cold at this time of year and the beaches are excellent for Children. There is a good area for snorkelling if you turn right out of the rear gate and follow the track to the rocky bay.

We had a great time, hope you do to if you book.

(If you have any further questions just ask)
hi mr simpson glad you enjoyed blue bay too :P :P Louise
Our recent reviews can be read HERE
hi there, we are thinking of booking for next oct, can anyone tell me what the weather is like in that month please, never been before :wink:
I noted a thread in another forum which stated that First Choice were giving up half their rooms in this hotel and that from this year the hotel would be half UK, half German/Dutch.

Can anyone confirm, deny this? I tried phoning first choice but apparently there were a lot of people calling and I was in a queue! (is there ever a time of day that this message is not played?)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.