Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
The problem is Coop escape is not a package , it is a package put together by Coop on your behalf .

The only bit that you are entitled to a refund on /claim compensation/complain against etc would be the cost of the accommodation , as I assume the flight and transfers were fine and you had no issue with .

The £100 payment would probably be a good chunk of the accommodation , but its worth a try and ask for a bit more ??? Do you have an invoice showing the actual cost of the accommodation , it probably would have been no more than £300 at the very most .
Yes I still have invoice, shows only the totals cost of £1112.48 less match website discount of (£79.48) = £1033 that was given to us at the Macclesfield branch of Co-Op travel,where we booked the holiday, this was for flights, accomodation and shared rtn transfer. If the accomodation was app £300 surely the flights and transfers would not have been the difference of £733!
The flights and transfers were fine, however stuck 2 weeks on a building site for our holiday we had waited and worked for all year was not acceptable, and like most people we only have so many days a year off work, so not able to have another holiday to recover. What I also dont understand is how can the fact they were still advertising this same holiday as fully functional before during and afterwards, knowing they were charging and sending people to a mostly closed complex that was a building site, even though I emailed on several occasions for them to remove their adverts, is this not an issue with trading standards.
Refund/Compensation is usually based on a 60/40 split. Flights being assumed to be 60% of the cost. If the flights/transfers were OK then the accomodation refund would be based on the 40% figure.
Perhaps your first port of call should be Trading Standards. That will cost you nothing. Have youi banked the cheque? If so then as far as Coop are concerned your doing so is considered acceptance/settlement of the claim.

fwh
Unfortunately I gave up the fight 2 weeks ago and banked the cheque then, as I felt as my next move would have been small claims court, spending even more money on this. Looks like I have learned my lesson, so will never go to Co-Op Travel again as I can no longer trust them. Never had problems with Thomsons,Thomas Cooks or OT Beech so will keep to these going forward
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.