Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
thanks for that review, and I am glad you enjoyed your holiday.

I get the feeling that the bad reviews come from people who have been out of season or are very fussy and are maybe expecting too much for teh price they have paid....

95 days
8,208,000 seconds
136,800 minutes
2280 hours

to go.... woo hoo

Lee
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday chrissygolden we are off to the same hotel in 3 weeks and you have put my mind at rest, although i always say holidays are what you make them and I always aim to have a good time and relax in the sun.
Just a couple of questions about the place hope you do not mind.

Were there enough loungers by the pool area or was it a fight first thing on a morning?
Did the beer run out during your stay and was vodka on the AI list?
Are the ice creams and soft drinks free all day?

Cheers
Hi everyone,

This is to lidlpoops

You will be pleased to know that there is no fighting over the sun loungers, there are lots of them by the pool and also on the grassy area just behind the pool it is all part of the hotel so dont worry if you dont want to sit there its not a problem you just take your lounger beside the pool. you'll be pleased to hear the beer never ran out but the vodka is not like our vodka it is called bouka ( think thats how you spell it) that is on the AI but it tastes nothing like our vodka but thats not a problem as the sell a british vodka ( not smirnoff ) and also gin they each are priced at 3.80 dinars well worth it as I didnt like the bouka, the soft drinks and bottled water are available all the time for free as this is part of you AI but the ice-creams you have to pay for dont worry about ice in your drinks our rep told us the hotel uses bottled water.

Have a great holiday

This is to Lee2411
We didnt know what to expect when we got to this hotel after reading those reviews all I can say is that some people must be hard to please it was clean and the staff were friendly they try there hardest to speak English to you
I'm sure you will enjoy your holiday we did, have a great time wish I was going back

Hi Briar

Thanks for that welcome back but I know where I'd rather be, sunning myself by that pool.

Will get my review on asap

Bye all :wave :wave
hi there
I have read on another site a review by someone who states that the food at the poolside bar is not included in the AI, nor is the ice creams how true is that. i do not mind going indoors for food but eating at the poolside saves having to dress and get daughter out of the pool.
i am counting down the days 2 weeks 4 days to go
Hi lidlpoops,

The only food that was served outside when we were there was pancakes it was like a snack at about 3pm and yes you had to pay for them although they did'nt cost that much about 1.20 or 1.60 dinar I cant remember but they were a hit with my 10 year old daughter and yes you have to pay for the ice-creams but again these are not expensive.

My daughter was the same not wanting to get out of the pool, it not easy getting them out is it ?

I'm sure you will enjoy your holiday here , we did, don't let any of the negative reviews put you off I'm so pleased that we did'nt take any notice of them.

Have a good one

bye :wave :wave
Chrissy
i will not let anything spoil my holiday we look forward to the break each year. thank for all the info, i am just very curious and like to know what to expect when i get there. think some people just go and find anything to complain about and what is the point it spoils all the fun of the holiday. have you got any photos to share with us. i have been to hammamet before but it was 5 years ago i had no complaints then i bet it has changed considerably. yasmine hammamet did not even exist then they were just digging out the marina and starting to build

:glynis :fly
Hi lidlpoops,

Yes I agree some people find anything to complain about

Am waiting for my photos did'nt take the digital with us (eats the batteries) so as soon as I get them back I will try to put them on this site, will try to get them on before you go
I'm sure you will see a few changes, nothing stays the same does it ?

Have a great time, wish we were going back

Chrissy :wave :wave
Hi lidlpoops,

HERE you can find a lof of pictures I have made last year at Coralia Palm Beach Hammamet.

September this year, we're going back ! :D

Kind regards from the Netherlands,
Pittie
Thanks for the links to the pictures, I have only one thing to say about them.........

I WANNA GO........ NOW!!!!!!!

thanks

Lee
Hi Chrissygolden, I can't wait to see some of your photos, me and my family are going in August for two weeks and meeting our friends at the resort for their last week. Can't wait!!! :D
Hi Pittie

Thanks for your photos, WOW!! Roll on August!!!!
Hi Dan,

I will try to put some of my photos on the forum , if I can work out how to do this :hmmm :hmmm

I'm sure you will have a great time, we did.

So wish me luck in trying to get these photos on and have a great time on your holiday

Chrissy :wave :wave
Hi Chrissy,

If you send me the pictures by mail, I put them down here at the Tunisia Forum.

Pittie

*Edit please use PM due to T&C thanks Briar :wink
Awww Thanks Chrissy, I'm sure we will :D

Pittie, will you put Chrissy's pics on this thread??
dan220877

Awww Thanks Chrissy, I'm sure we will

Pittie, will you put Chrissy's pics on this thread??

@Dan

I have send Chrissy a pm and wenn she sent me the pictures I'll put them down here.

Kind regards from a very sunny Holland 8) 8) 8)
Pittie
Chrissy has sent me the pictures ! :D

Here they are !

You can resize the pictures.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/pittiepit/th_coraliapalmbeach3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/pittiepit/th_coraliapalmbeach2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/pittiepit/th_coraliapalmbeach1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/pittiepit/th_coraliapalmbeach4.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/pittiepit/th_coraliapalmbeach.jpg

Pittie
Thanks to Chrissy and Pittie

The photos look awesome. I can't wait to go

Chrissy - in the photos the pool didnt seem that busy, was there any time that it really was busy?

Again, we're going peak season in August, I hope it doesn't get too crowded lol
Hi Dan,

Yes the pool sometimes got busy but to be honest with you it some how never looked like it was busy ( if you know what I mean ) there is also quite a bit of grassy area behind the pool, on the way to the beach which is part of the hotel it also has sun loungers on it, a couple of the photos were taken in the afternoon.

All I can say is go and enjoy your holiday, go with an open mind yes there were a lot of German and French also Dutch but to be honest with you they were fine, shall I tell you what really stuck in mind , it was someone from the U.K that was being very rude to the bar staff ( you always get one, dont you )

I hope you enjoy your holiday, as I've said the hotel was fine when we were there.

Hope you have a good one :glynis :glynis

Chrissy :wave :wave :wave :wave
Thanks for all the info Chrissy,

I'll be back on here as soon as I get back to give everyone a full report

:)
The girl I work with is just back from Hammamet and says it was great, she had a great time with the exception of the airport... some one came up and said Airtours and she said yes, he then took her bags and ran......... he was only taking them to the bus but she wasn't too happy....

I have 52 days to go..... can't go fast enough...

Lee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.