Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
hey chrissy,

i have just come back from this hotel and had a great time.
i didnt want to come home!

it is a very german/french orientated hotel, but the staff do not treat you any different for being british at all,

the entertainment team who cover activities such as volleyball, aqua aerobics, water polo also do the entertainment in the evening which includes a mini disco for children where a big yellow dog (baboo) comes on stage and dances with the children and the reps join in to, just after that they put on a different show every night, such as belly dancers or men standing on broken glass and such.

the reps present at the time we were there were deeno, reehad, haneyne, coco and djo....they were absoloutly fantastic, really wonderful people.

the food was ok, virtualy the same thing every night (pasta, potatoes, pizza) , and there are 2 men outside cooking different things every night on a sort of barbeque, such as fish or savoury pancake thingys. :)
if the food gets too much for you, what we did was walk to the local supermarket which is literaly across the road from the hotel and we bought some crisps and bread rolls and cheese and things, its very cheap.

there is a disco in the hotel which was very quiet, but as i was there with my large family we made our own fun and had the reps down there with us dancing the nights away!

the pool was very clean and there are plenty of sunloungers around so you hardly ever went without one.

the beach is stunning and very clean, and i felt very safe there,
one night i went for a walk down there on my own and did not feel unsafe at all, there is constant security walking around the complex who never bother you but you know they are looking out for you.

the bar staff and waiting staff are very friendly, never rude.

i may be being a little biast as my family did make very good friends with most of the staff, we definatly made our mark there, (most of the staff came up to reception to wave to us as we got on the coach) but it was seriously a holiday i will never forget!
hi lalena,

thanks for letting me know about this hotel.
we dont go until may next year so when i couldnt find any reviews on this hotel i did start to get a bit of a panic on!

i know the pizza will go down well with my 10 year old daughter and the savoury pancake thingys will go down well with my husband.

what were the rooms like? and did you eat out at anytime ?

the beach sounds lovely i cant wait to see it , its also good to know that you felt safe there.

thanks again for letting me know what its like, am felling a lot happier now that i know its ok. :)

chrissy
the rooms were lovely, if you get a room with a sea view it is really nice, overlooking the pool and just behind you can see the sea,

maids were friendly! and were very thorough, our maid even left flowers on our pillows, bles her!

the only time we ate out was when we went to the medina, we stopped in a random restraunt and it was very nice,
we didnt really go out for meals in the evening as we had 5 children with us but other families we spoke to said most of the places were very nice!
hi again lalena,

thanks for letting me know about the hotel.

i think if you know that the rooms are going to be clean and that the hotel staff are friendly it makes things a whole lot better, and your maid who cleaned your rooms sounds like a little star ( that was so nice of her to put flowers on your pillow).

once again thanks, you have put my mind ( what there is left of it after having 3 kids !!!!!!!) at rest, am feeling happier about going now :D :D :D :D

chrissy
Hi there have been searching for reviews for this hotel and there are not many about we have just booked to go next june.
is there any chance of any photos being placed in the gallery.
we are taking our daughter she will be 7 when we visit are there plenty of english people there so that she can make friends?
what is the kids pool like?
is there a play area?
can you recommend any trips and did you visit the carthage theme park?
i know lots of questions hope you have lots of answers
cheers
Hello,

HERE you can find photo's I have made in Coralia Palm Beach Hammamet september/october 2005.

Kind regards from the Netherlands,
Pittie

*Edit to remove signature. Please do not post sig in the forums - Glynis HT Admin*
thank you for the pm and the photos do look good, i am looking forward to next june and relaxing in the sun for two weeks.
Just to ease your fears a little, my family and I came back from this hotel around 2 weeks ago, and before we flew out, we were a little anxious as to what we might find because of the bad reports we had read. The photographs someone has kindly posted really do the place justice. The lobby when you first go in, the pool area etc is really nice. The whole hotel is kept very clean and well maintained. The pool and garden area are stunning. Palm trees all round the pool etc, really nice. The rooms are all kept nice and clean as the maids go in every day. If you want a good cleandown, just hang your tag on the doorhandle to let them know. A good efficient service. All the staff are friendly and try their best to speak English. As some reports have suggested, the other guests are mainly French and German, but certainly while we were there, everyone got on really well. This year was the first year that English have been to this hotel. The beach is about a 20 second walk from the pool and is again stunning. Fantastic soft sands and cristal clear blue/green sea. Plus it was dam hot. Lovely. Food. mmmmm. Dont get me wrong, all good food, good quality food, but we have 2 kids (10 and 7) who were slightly more picky put they still ate well all week. I read someone suggested the supermarket, this is about a 2 minute walk from the hotel. Just past that is a pizza resteraunt (marco polos) which we didnt try but a dutch couple told us was very good. Just past that (about 30 second walk) is another supermarket with a resteraunt at the side. They do a mean steak & chips for next to no money. Fantastic food, burgers, chicken fillets etc. Fed all 4 of us including drinks for around £15. One last thing. A lot of people warned me about traders walking down the beach and pestering you to buy things. One person I work with said it got so bad he refused to go to the beach after 2 days. While we were there, yes people sell things on the beach, but not one person approached us. They just walked alond the beach at the waters edge (away from the hard work of tanning yourself) calling out what they have to offer. They in no way hindered or pestered us, they only come over if you ask them. We had a fantastic holiday, were well looked after and came back lovely and brown.
To answer a few questions, the pool is kept clean and in good order, the kids pool is the same. Cant work out how to post photos, have some good ones of the pool. Will put them on if someone explains. Carthage theme park not very big but it does have a few good rides etc. There is a play area for kids but I would suggest it is probably for kids younger than 7. Our kids both made friends (Some non english speaking but they all got on fine). The entertainment in the evenings is very very basic but that all becomes part of the fun. We found it a good, clean well run hotel that gave us a good memorable holiday.
hi stumpi 72,
thanks for letting me know all about this hotel. its such a relief to know that the hotel is clean and it makes all the difference when the staff are friendly, and the beach, well i cant wait to be there. i am pleased that you said that the traders dont bother you on the beach, when we went on holiday last year to lanzarote the traders would always approach you on the beach it was a bit of a pain ( it didnt spoil the holiday though) .
its good to know there are some nice places to eat, i have a 10 year old daughter who , when she wants to be (depending which head she has on at the time ) can, like your children ,be picky so its nice to know that there are good places to eat and its not that expensive.
it would be good if you can find out how to post your pictures. if i find out i will let you know or maybe if you ask the ht administrator they should be able to help.
thanks
chrissy
I have booked to go to this hotel in August, but this seems to be the only site that gives it positive reviews, some of the reviews I have read on trip advisor are really worrying.

help me.... please

Is the food and drinks good? the fact this hotel is All Inclusive is the main reason for me going here.

What is the best way to take money to tunisia? I know I can only exchange the Tunisia.

thanks in advance

Lee
Hi chrissy were off to this hotel on the 17th may this year for 2 weeks.

i have read all the bad reports and YES it sounds scarey but i intend to go with an open mind.

This site as certainly given the best views so heres hoping

might even see you there

take care have a great holiday :)
hi,
I get the feeling that the bad reviews are coming in from people who are at this hotel out of season.

Lizzie and chrissy don't forget to let us know how you both enjoyed it :lol:
ps. thanks Briar that forum helped alot.
Hi lee will certainly let you know how i get on at this hotel in may,

I think as you said a lot of the reviews i have read are from people that have gone out of season on any holiday abroad you have to keep an open mind before you go.

A lot of people go expecting english food and traditions they forget that its a totally different culture to what were used to.

Anyway will keep you informed :)

Lizzie
hi
thanks to everyone who has wrote to me at this forum i feel so much more at ease now that i have a better idea of what it's like, not only the hotel but also the area. i cant wait to go on holiday now :D :D not long to go well, another 3 months but it will soon be here getting the injections on monday :cry: :cry: but it's got to be done
again thanks to everyone, this is a great site
i will let you all know whats it's like when i get back
see ya
chrissy :wave :wave :wave :wave
Lee2411 - Me and my family have booked this resort too in August. What dates are you going? :)
Oh and a big thankyou to everyone - my minds been put to rest also, my Fiancee was worrying the most!!

One thing though.........is there much to do for kids, we have a 9 year old and a 2 year old :)
Oh and I notice your having injections for your trip chrissygolden :shock: Is this really nescessary for thius destination - only I didn't give that much thought!!

*edit to restore normal fonts Briar
27th August is when we go and I can't wait, as proof......

185 days to go....
6 months 4 days

can't go fast enough......

Lee
Hi Lee 2411,

About the injections, we had to have hep and typhoid :( :( also make sure your tetanus is up to date.
We go in May, so not long now, cant wait, :lol: :lol: I will let you know what it is like when we get back.

Chrissy
Well everyone we go tomorrow ( Sunday ) and I can't wait.

Thanks to everyone who has given me advise about this hotel

I will let you know what it is like when we get back and will try to put some photos on the site

Again thanks to everyone

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee :wave :wave

Chrissy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.