Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We have as a family just returned from Icmeler where once again the food in the restaurants was second to none, the hassling has seemed to settle down as in previous years it was quite forceful. Places I would recommend to eat would definately be the Pyramid where the chap on the door Dave is great.
I would avoid the Titanic which in previous years was great with Oscar but now there is a guy who looks like Elvis on the door and once in their is only interested in the ladies, a bit slimey really.
The Majestic is great for a Chinese and the kids will like the entertainment.

Jack at Dreamboys is still there and the same friendly manner although as at the Titanic the waiters are only interested in chatting up the ladies, not all of them but one in particular.
Thanks for the info, am going to icmeler for the first time next week, and finding all the tips very useful!!

:sun
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has been to the Romeo & Juliet Cafe/Bar in Icmeler before?
whats the coffee like in turkey? is it milky, strong, etc.......thanks
Can anyone help we stayed at the Avlu 4 in Icmeler last year and just around the corner there was a restaurant and apartments with the same name it was in a side road across from the Mona Lisa & Moonlight restaurants the Tansas was on the main road right facing this side road it is driving me crazy trying to think of the name any help would be most appreciated.

George
THe Apartments and Restaurent are called "The Travellers Rest"

First class apartments and food of the highest quality, entertainment every evening.

Gene
:D Hello

We are off to Marmaris Monday :D

Can any one tell me were Buffalo Bill's Bar is in Icmeler please?

We are supposed to be meeting friend's there next Wednesday night to watch the football :lol:
Celine

I assume that the Buffalo bar in Icmeler is the place you mean, its near the Dream 3 bells and Lion bar if that helps. Or if you are walking towards the beach and come tothe Chill bar, turn right walk about 200 metres turn left and Buffalo bar is on right about 100 metres down

Stewart
:D Thanks SMC

Yes its Icmeler and we know were the 3 Bells is so im sure we will find it

Thanks again

Marion Rich and Family x
off to icemeler tomorrow need update on good resturants, bars etc. What is the weather.
I know that a lot of people are still dealing with the advent of the forthcoming Festivities but we have just started thinking about the 2007 campaign and it looks like we may just end up returning to our favourite haunt of Icmeler. We have been looking at Northern Cyprus but compared to Turkey, this does seem so expensive.
Hi Folks, looking at Icmeler this year July 28th -12th August, Scottish schools go back on August 15th!!.
We're looking at Eden /Julien Forest apartments or Club Aquarium Apts, with Direct Holidays from Edinburgh.
There will be me the wife and two kids age 7 and 4. The kids will want a decent pool, nice beach, maybe a kids club but not essential, a water park and eh ice cream. Mum and Dad will want somewhere not a banging 18-30 resort but not Saga either. Nice restaurants, bars, few boat trips and shopping. Icmeler looks like answering most of those, it is really just a question of where to stay.
John Toohay your site looks quite interesting , just wondering how much cheaper it would be to do a customised holiday as opposed to the package deal, given that we have two young kids.
We've done Menorca,Ibiza and Croatia in the past few years but would love to sample Turkey. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Sandy :)
Hi Sandy

I think Icmeler will suit your needs , having holidayed there with my 3 children since they were 6 , 8 and 11.

If you want kids clubs then the aquarium are prob best but they are way out of the centre and you would miss out on the best of Icmeler which is the town each evening.There are plenty of dance acts /turkish nights in Icmeler and every resturant is very welcoming to families.

The water park can be found nearby in Marmaris.

There is also cost effective excusrions on ffer such as jeep safaris which the clubs will love.

I have always DIY'ed to Turkey and have never paid over 1600 for my famiy of 5 to stay in Icmeler for 2 weeks in the July/August school holidays , This has always been for 2 bed apartments , private transfers etc.
Quotes for Tour operaters have always been in the region of 2200 - 2800 depending on tour operator.

Do get in Touch with JT before you make your choice as he may be able to package something for you considerably cheaper - you may find his Moonlight apartments suitable which have a waterslide for the little ones.
Wherever you choose to stay Icmeler promises to be a great holiday.
Thanks for that. In actual fact our quote from Direct is £1600 for the two weeks, which seems reasonable to me. We paid £1900 for Croatia last year.
Thats a very good but as you have once child less than I travel with (and with 3 kids one has to class as an adult ) , i would check out JT aswell.

My friends are also travelling with us but staying at diff apartments (still 2 bed) - 23/7 and they have paid just over 1100.
"The Dream Three Bells" will be known now as "The Dream"
I suppose this will be the begining of a lot of name changing of the bars and restaurents for the coming season along with a lot of bars changing hands.
Sweetys Bar on the opposite corner to the 3(4) bells on the top road near tansas has been taken over by Leon ex Deniz Kapisi and Alvaro.
The Alvaro restaurent and bar is now a bank.
Anyone else with any info?

Gene
I thought it would be a good idea to put together a file for users with google earth to see locations of hotels restaurants etc in Icmeler.

If you have google earth you can download the following link to populate your google earth on your computer, I will update the file as time allows, if any one has locations of restaurants/bars that they can add please pm me and I will send my email address for you to send them to me from your system. I will then update the file.

Link to file is http://www.apvz49.dsl.pipex.com/Icmeler.zip

Dave
Hi all,

I am going to icmeler in October for a week have never been there before of even Turkey, what is the nightlife like?

Ta Gem :P
Hi Gem, If you go back through the Forum to Feb 8th, you will find the Icmeler Discussion Forum and on here, you should find all you need to know about the place. In all, there are 51 pages on the subject !!

Les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.