Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Is it the same type of music and same staff ?
Hi all just to let you now there is now a Patisserie in Icmeler its on the same side of the road as the Garanti Bank two or three shops down its name is Yavuz Patisserie
Hi Barry

Is that the one just opened by two Norwegian girls? If it's the same one a friend of mine who lives out there says their cakes are to die for! Didn't get chance to seek it out myself (as usueful as she is she didn't tell me about it until I was leaving!!!) but intend to find it when I go back in August!

Mazz
:lol:
:lol: :D Try this Restaurant. You will not be dissapointed. Many restaurants in Turkey are superb food, (including the newly taken over 3 Bells and the Mandolin), but this place beats the lot !!
Above are 7 newly furbished beautiful spotless well co-ordinated apartments.
Cant wait to go back to Icmeler October to stay there (booked with icmeler on line) who are cheaper than booking with a travel agent shop.
Roll on October :lol: :D :lol:
If anyone remembers Billy and Mehmet from Mr Cooks in Icmeler - they're now working at the Pyramid bar/restaurant (up on the main Tansas road).

What a surprise to bump into them there - if you know them and you're off to Icmeler soon pop in and say hello, they'd be delighted to see you!

Don't know what the food's like at the Pyramid as we only bumped into them on our last afternoon in Icmeler en route to do a bit of shopping. But when I go back in August I'll certainly have a meal there, they're both such lovely guys!

Mazz
:wink:
Just thought i would tell all who didn't know. The Owners of Blondies are now running the Amalia which is across from the Blue Rainbow. Gail, Ali, Serge and Seight all say HI :lol: :lol: Also try the kebabs at the side of the Amalia, that is called Blondies. Open until VERY late :rofl :rofl Absolutly fantastic staff. Happy hols. Anna xxxxxxxxxxx ps, Please say hi to Wiggy (Erhan) for me will you? If they ask who say hi, just say the 3 Pauls. What a time we had paying the bills at 1st. Ended up Paul 1. Paul 2 and Paul 3 :hmmm :rofl :rofl
It might help if you explained your prices on that website? Is that per person, per week or what?
To the numerous people who have been trying to find Turbo,
he has opened a new restaurant named Mr Turbo Chef...you
can locate it on the main road to the Old Village....past
Babadan Aparts on the right and Turkish Pide on left....at
the next crossroad (before traffic lights) Turbo is on the
lefthand corner. He will be delighted to see his old friends.
His food is as good as ever and very reasonably priced.
Everyone will receive a warm welcome from this jovial man
who has a mass of black curly hair.
Wondered where he was after I read somebody else was running Artemis. Have ate in Artemis for many years and the food there had always been great. Glad he has another restaurant.
Can anyone suggest any good authentic Turkish Restaurants in Icmeler please, and where abouts are they?
Cheers Laurence
only one that ı know of called kerem. ıts on the canal- same sıde as dreamboys headıng towards the beach - never eaten there though!
we ate at the karem last year the food & service were excellent,but dont know of any others

cheers dodge
Hi H/T. I have wanted to say a very BIG thank you to ALL at the Amalia pub and resturant, especially Gail and Wiggy (Erhan ). I have NEVER known people so friendly. To be honest, when we 1st went to Icmeler last Sept, we thought the Turkish people were very friendly and it really suprised me how many remembered us when we returned in May !!!!!! What upset us the most was. On the day we were coming home i took a group photo :ghug . Seight (spelt wrong) asked for my camera sim and put a group photo on the plasma screen :( Gail was crying and i rushed to the bus. Well, most places when they have had your money just wave you "Goodbye" and most probably say "There goes another lot of holiday idiots" NOT the Turkish guys, and most certainly NOT the Amalia team. Gail, Erhan, (Wiggy) Serge, Seight, , Ali, Apoh and all the rest, carried our luggage and ran after the bus :wave :wave "Goodbye" So we arrived home and Thanks to them and ICR we are returning very soon. If anyone is going to Icmeler soon I do hope you drop in and say hello to them, YOU wont be disappointed. I am sure most of them worked at, or for, Blondies before they owned the Amalia so most of you may know them already :lol: For those who dont know where the Amalia is, its under the Alinda and across from the Blue Rainbow. Or, past the Dream Three Bells, and Across from the Lion Bar. The food is fantastic and i have just been out and got a lovely little suit for the Chef, whos wife is due to have a baby in Sept. Kebabs at 2am in the morning can't be bad :kiss :kiss See you all soon our friends. Happy hols Anna xxxxxxxxx
does anybody know of mehmet who works in jasmin motel !
like see how he is thanks
I met mehmet in march when I stayed in the Jasmine, nice guy. As far as I know he's still at the Jasmine (which has had a facelift and looking a lot better) as I said hello to him in May.
Had a great time in Icmeler, been there now for the last 3 years to see friends and family. I go to Champagnes Restaurant, the food is excellent and the staff are very friendly especially Yurda. Its the same at Dream Three Bells, Apo is very nice, he always makes sure you have a great time in the restaurant and is very accomodating. Always willing to help with any queries you have. A Big thank you to Apo, Great Guy!! :lol: If you want good entertainment you are sure to get it at Wonderboys as well, they always have a good show on!!! :)
:lol: Hi All...

Me and fiancee went to Icmeler last year in August and fell in love with the place :love and would love to go back in September...

My question is... Is everything still open in Icmeler in september and what is the weather like there then?...

Thanks in advance...

:lol: Emsie :lol:
Hi Emsie

Everything will be open in Sept things dont start to close until mid Oct and the weather is still very warm. It gets cooler in the evening so you sometimes get away without air conditioning.
Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your reply...

Is it still busy in September?

:lol: Emsie :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.