Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Am just responding to Colettes message about the majestic. Have just spent most of my last week there. Sinbad and Jan are running it at the moment until start of season. If anyone is visiting before the start of season they have lots of different things happening during the week. Mondays and Wednesday is pool competition, Tuesday and Saturday is chinese night and Thursday and Sunday is cash bingo night. The chinese food was absolutely gorgeous and i cant wait to go back and try it again.
Sounds good Glasgow, we went to the Venice on the canal as we had seen good reviews but wont be back. The meal was cold and undercooked. The staff were rude and gave us too much hassle. Wouldnt recommend this place to anybody! We never tried the Majestic but will try it when we go in August. Do they have a good kids menu?
Hi Gorge yes they do. We were there with 3 kids and they had quite a lot of good things on it. I know what you mean about the Venice, they gave us quite a lot of hassle aswell so think we'll be giving it a miss. Can't understand why they so popular, maybe the young girls like the men taking there tops off lol
Glasgow Girl

Cheers for the info :D I would love to be there now when everywhere is setting up etc, Ive seen them all close down for the season, would be lovely to see them open up :D
Hi everyone, I'm going to Turkey for the first time next month. We are going for a week leaving on the 9th April and we are staying in the Miray. Does anyone know where I can get good fake designer clothes, bags, etc from? Are they good quality and does anyone know how much they would cost (approximately)?

Thanks in advance.
How busy will Icmeler be in April?Will everything be open?
We liked Icmeler better than Marmaris. Very pretty bay... restaurants lovely... As for faux designer bags... They are everywhere so you are spoilt for choice and very cheap! In the markets they are so cheap, if you like that sort of thing, apparently the markets in Marmaris and Icmeler are going to be on the same day, might need to check that out! Have fun!!!
Jaffacakes,just about everywhere!!!Make sure you barter and take an extra suitcase!I`ve got sweatshirts and stuff that i`ve had for 4 years and they still look good so that tells you about the quality.When we were there in october i was getting 4 t shirts (burberry,lacoste,prada) for a tenner,lacoste trainers 2 pairs for a tenner and jeans@4 for 20 quid.
Thanks for the replies, I'm even more excited now! I hope I get as many bargains as you did ajbrynoffa! Only 16 more sleeps to go!!! :yipee
Hia Emsie,

Thanks for replying.

We are staying in a 1 bedroom apartment and my sis &bro in law are staying in the studio.

We have never been to the champagne bar before, (well not to my knowledge) can you tell me the location of it? aparently its near the beach?

thanks, Tracey
Does anyone know how long transfers will take to Icmeler and the cost if possible. We will probably need to get a taxi, or does anyone have any better ideas???

And, has anyone any feedback on the Miray Hotel?

Thanks
were are you wanting to go from to get to icmeler? i know that if you go on to http://www.icmeleronline.com you can book a transfer from dalaman to icmeler and its £70!
ive not used them my self but herd good things about them!
Thanks, not sure which airport as our daughter has very kindly given this holiday for Christmas so we do not have all the details yet but just wanted a rough idea.

This site is so cool, read loads about Icmeler; all looks great!!

Anyone with info about Miray Hotel????

5 weeks to go...packing already!
Thanks Briar

I have had a look at the transfers and the discussion re the Miray. There does not seem to be much information about the Miray but not really worried as the rest of Icmeler looks great.

What do you know about the costs out there, such as eating etc. And I suppose burning question of all; what is the duty free limits??
Briar, you are a hive of information, thank you.

If I had not read that, I would have been buying fake cigs in resort and probably carrying far too much!! Dont fancy the turkish prisons much, hee hee.

Any more useful information before our trip???

Thanks lots...
Thanks Briar, much appreciated!
Tracey,

Yes it is near the beach about 5 mins away, the location is great, it is right in the middle of everything.
Were have you stayed before? I might be able to tell you if its near there.
The Siesta Apartments are right over the road for Waterfall restaurant and the Wonderboys pub. There are various other pubs surrounding aswell, also it is just around the corner from the market, for all your bargins :P

:lol: Emsie :lol:
Hi H/T. Off topic. I was wondering what you would do if you were me. We went to Icmeler in Sept/Oct last year and our son bought himself a watch for £85. It was a nice jewellers in Icmeler and now the :swear thing wont work :bhead If you were me, would you risk taking it back when we go in May or, will it be a waste of time? Take care . Anna xxxxxxxxxxx
Anabelle I would take it back to the jewlers where you bought it.I am sure they will repair it or replace it.

Diane
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.