Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Believe me Aslemma. If you are standing waiting for your bags to drop, and no one else is taking theirs, you've no choice :que oh for the little elves.
Just returned home yesterday,very impressed with Enfidha airport.From getting off the plane on arrival we was in the baggage reclaim area within 15 minutes !!,but then had to wait 35 minutes for the carousel to start with the baggage.Its a lovely modern airport,nice clean toilets and no cleaners hanging around asking for Dinars.Chairs were nice and comfortable in departures,and plenty of screens with departure info,a big change from Monastir. :wave:
nice clean toilets and no cleaners hanging around asking for Dinars

:think That reminds me of the first time we went to Tunisia and arrived at Monastir, I went to the toilet and was standing doing what men do standing up when I felt this thing between my legs (no NOT that you behave :D ) I looked down and there is a mop with Mrs Mop cleaning around about and in between everybody standing there :oops:
It wasnt that long ago that i remember at monastir they had a folding table with a white cloth on,and a tea urn,that was the cafe :rofl When we was departing at enfidha on Sunday people were taking their liquids out their bags and leaving them on the floor before they went through the scanners,we decided to leave our bottle of cola and water in ours and see if they noticed,they went through in our bags without being stopped. :-?
I was very impressed with Enfidha when I used it last month. There is a nice cafe landside in Departures where a cup of coffee (not brilliant) and large piece of cake (lovely) cost 5 dinars and ashtrays were provided. There are also quite a few shops, including a tobacconist selling cigs at the proper price (unlike London airports) and mobile top-up cards so I was able to get a 10 dinar Tunisiana card to top up at home before my next trip out. Quite often you don't know how much you will need on your last day so it is handy to be able to spend spare dinars at the airport.
Ha ha, Kiltman. My husband had exactly the same experience in Japan. I wonder if your Mrs Mop once worked in Japan?. We were visiting my son there who is 6ft 3ins. and he warned his dad that because the Japanese are so small, he would maybe find that some guys would follow him into a loo as they think if you are very tall that everything is in proportion. Hubby was fine about that until the tiny Mrs Mop just appeared at his side at the urinal :yikes
hi does anyone know if you can take your own juice and crisps through into departure area, we did this in egypt and it was allowed
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.