Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Yes we were in PEK at the time and it was bad enough there rained on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The black storm clouds on Saturday made it dark at 5 pm, then came the torrential rain and it was so windy. Also rained most of Sunday before we caught our evening flight.

This must be unusual but others said that they had heavy rain same week last year. Now having seen it we will not go again in October.
we went in october a couple of years ago, and had a few torrential downpours - but the sun soon came out again.
Looking at the on line weather statisitics, you can see that October generally has more rainfall than November.

We went early November about 5 years ago and we only had a 10 minute rain shower during our week. Only problem with November was the shorter days.

Speaking to people in PEK last week they said that October in the last 3 years has been the same, a lot of wet weather.

Tunisia looks very messy when it rains heavily as the drainage is poor. The small lakes that form on roads are very muddy and have lots of floating debris some of which does not look that hygienic. Certainly a priority not to stand close when vehicles are passing.

Will revert back to going in late June or early September on our next visit, gauranteed 30 to 35 C and little chance of rain.
We have been 3 times in November for 2 weeks and never had rain.Going again next Wednesday,youve talked me into taking a brolley this time!!.
Got back from Sousse this afternoon - last night there was another tremendous storm and everyone was mopping up this morning, Friday morning's one worried me as we were going to Medinat Alzhara in the evening to the Sound and Light show but it cleared up in time and we had a lovely evening. I often go in October and we had a couple of storms last year but nothing like this time, though we also had a couple of beautiful days. Whether it was the weather I don't know but Tunisiana has been playing up all week - I seemed to be getting a signal but half the time phone calls and messages were not getting through either way. I had to laugh as coming back through Monastir airport there was a big advert saying the first thing to do in Tunisia was to get a Tunisiana SIM and the second thing was to go to the beach. My experience was the second thing was to curse my Tunisiana SIM which I've had for a few years now :evil:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.