Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Floods ?
5 Posts
My Parents phoned yesterday from Akyaka and said it was a beautiful day, although last Tuesday they experienced terrific storms that even the elderly locals said they can't remember having ever seen before!!!
Mel
Was exactly the same in Icmeler but just for the one night

John
Hi, just returned from olu deniz and it certainly did flood!! The whole town was flooded the streets were like rivers, the beach was washed away in places it was a shame many shops, bars and hotel rooms suffered. Loungers from the beach were washed into the sea the shower cubicles on the beach blown over. It started raining Tuesday and didn't stop until Wednesday night with thunder and lightening continuous and then poured again on Thursday afternoon. All cleaned up by the fire brigade on Friday so looking as good as new now.
just got back from hisaronu/ olu deniz we had three days of the worst floods i have seen in this region for years it rain solid for 3 days without a break my basement was up to my waist still its turkey not a problem :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.