Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thanks,I think she wants to get married in one of the big hotels on the sea front.
I suppose if she books with a main UK tour operator they will arrange it for her.
our hotel manager was our translator so we didnt have to pay for that, anyone that can speak both languages fluently should be fine, otherwise translators charge, i did buy her a gold bracelet as a thank you as she did help with various other things including coming to the registry office too, we also werent asked to provide any transport for registrar, strange how different people have different experiences :think
You either need to provide transport for the registrar or pay for his travel expense if he is getting there himself. Fethiye registrar usually uses his own car and includes his travel expense in his fee. If you are using a company to organise your wedding this would be covered in their expenses.

As for translators, usually this can be just anybody who speaks both languages good enough to be able to translate. However, some registrars, such as in Kusadasi or Istanbul as well as a fewother places require a sworn translator to be present.
I didn't have a translator at our wedding. I have no idea what I agreed to, I just said Evet at the appropriate place :rofl
oh that explains why we didnt have to pay for transport as we used the fethiye office :rofl
Msg to rwb46

Hi, some personal advice please for my son who is planning to marry at the Zeugma, Belek, next May. He's seen your posts on here and joined the forum, but the organisation he works for puts certain restrictions on his office email a/c. He does not have one yet at home but is planning to do so as a house move is in progress!

He registered on this site, but was unable to PM you for whatever reason.....he asked me to register as well to get in touch with you personally on his behalf, but after doing so, I could not do so by PM either!!! :que

The wedding is only "weeks" away and there is lots to be done. :think

Could I ask you to contact me please at my username (at) hotmail.com so we can set up some way for my son and you to communicate your advices with respect to his intended May wedding!

Thanks a lot :tup

fenreed
rwb46,is in Icmeler,he got married a couple of days ago.He has his laptop with him,so Im sure he will see this and be in touch.
Hi fenreed and welcome to HT!

Unfortunately new members cannot instigate PM's until they become established members. This is to prevent people joining the forums and spamming our members.

However if rwb46 sends you a PM you will then be able to reply to it.

luci :wave
Surely a mod can forward the message on to me for this person?
What do you mean? We have no control over PM's. If you are subscribed to this topic then you will get notification of any new posts.

luci :wave
The new member can recieve a Pm but cannot send one back, This is due to Ht policy, This member has requested infomation and is askinf for more via Pm which they cannot use!
rwb46 ... to reduce the risk of spamming, new members cannot initiate a PM discussion. However if an established member initiates that PM discussion, the new member can reply. As luci has already suggested, if you send a PM, the member can reply to you.

David :wave
Thanks everybody for your help

rwb46, thanks for the PM, I've sent you a response.
can someone plz help me im hoping to get married in turkey im english and he,s turkish i got my Certificate of Non Impediment and my passport and brith certifiacte full one im hoping to go to turkey on the 22nd of march 2010 but i dont know what i need to do now can someone plz help me as its stressing me out many thanks donna
Hi Donna,

I got married to a Turkish man so I can help you with what to do.

When you get to Turkey the best thing to do is go to the regostry office where you are planningto marry and get a list of everything you need.

You will need to take your CONI, passport and full birth certificate to the British consulate nearest where you are marrying. We got married in Bodrum so we went to Izmir. Once there they will translate all your paperwork then you have to go to the Governor's Office (they will give you directions) and get the paperwork stamped.

After that you have to go to the hospital and gte blood tests done and then take the results to a doctor to get a certificate.

Once you have all that done you can go back to the registry office and book a date for your wedding.

It can all be done in a couple of days if you need to.

If you want to know aything else just ask.

Kedi
hi kedi thank u very much for yr help do u now how much it all cost to do plz and thanks again it does help me donna
We got married 6 years ago so the costs may have changed a bit but I will find out for you roughly how much everything costs now. Where are you getting married?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.