General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Holiday momentos
37 Posts
The most photos I've taken on holiday was 27 rolls of 36 exposure, in the time before digital. With what it cost to develop them, I could have had another week in the Med.

luci :wave
I don't usually bother having mine printed...too many! I put them on disc for friends and family.

At the moment I'm loving these new digital photo frames - you just stick all your favourite photos on a cheap SD memory card and stick the card in the frame, giving you all your photos in a "slide show" on your shelf! I'm thinking of getting one for my mum and putting loads of photos of the kids on it. :)
Haven't seen those! Have you got a link please? :D
I agree the photo frames are great. We've bought two recently- one for my Husband's birthday and the other for a wedding present. It went down really well and was apparently the only gift opened that was being used.

Ours came from Jessops and PC world, both have websites.

Pam :D
I like to bring back fridge magnets too!
OH says our fridge will fall over soon :lol:

The other thing we bring back is all the cards you get in restaurants with the bill.I just stick them in my bag when we eat in a restaurant and its lovely finding them when we get home.
Sometimes its a while till I use my "holiday handbag" and it lovely remembering all the restaurants we visited.

This years most memorable momento was a wooden vase we bought in Thassos.It was quite heavy.............we ended up being charged £50 in extra baggage :roll:
Very expensive vase!
Its a good job I love it!
Pippy - you can get digital photo frames much cheaper than the ones in Jessops - LOOK HERE I've also seen them in Tesco at reasonable prices :wink:
I don't usually bother having mine printed...too many! I put them on disc for friends and family.

Pippy, I also put them onto to disc which is an easy way to transport to show people but, I think there's something special about flicking through a "photo album" that makes those photos on paper soooo special of the great time you had. Probably still old fashioned, but still like the modern ease of the disc :wink:
Another vote for photos. I have memory card space for 2,500 pictures for my Costa Rica trip - and I've just ordered another 1gb card! Hoping it arrives before I go.
I always get a fridge magnet wherever I go including in the UK, even museums etc.! :)
photos, fridge magnets and keyrings :)
Going back to the digital photo frames, you may already have a cheaper and easier to view option. If you copy your pics to a simple CD in JPG format (which they probably are already) many DVD players will happily put on a slide show for you through your TV. Even my £25 Aldi special can do it!!
I accidently packed a hotel towel a couple of years ago and only realised when we'd got home and I was turfing everything out for the washing machine. My youngest son can't sleep without it now, he stuffs it up his pj top (strange I know) every night :)

I always get a fridge magnet when we go :)
Mrs Hi De Hi collects those porcelain thimbles so we always get one of those. However we can't get the display cases any more so they just line up along the shelf.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.