General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I always buy two or three new things as like to have something new, besides, it doesnt feel like a holiday if I dont. Mainly we just reuse what we have used in previous years. We get such rubbish weather here that the majority of my stuff never sees the light of day unless we are on holiday and is in perfect condition. My daughter yet again needs a whole new wardrobe (I just cant keep up with her growth spurts) but I love being able to get new things for her and she is such a girlie girl, she just loves trying things on which is great. I do buy hubby a couple of new tshirts and this year a new pair of shorts :yikes (I do like to treat him ;) ). I always buy new underwear though for all of us no matter where we are going.
Aw, buying new holiday clothes is part of the exciting build up to a holiday !! Like everyone else, I have some old faithfulls that come along for the ride every year, but I like to do a big 'Primarni' shop and definately have to have new flipflops, I spend all summer in them until they either get that mimging blue cheese smell or fall to pieces ! :rofl
yo may think this a bit organised for a bloke.... I have a complete set of cloths in the spare wardrobe [well the quarter i'm allowed]and only replace as necessary, last year 3 white shirts and new jacket year before jeans and light canvas trousers [only as i have expanded with age a little] this year new trainers, I would not dream of using holiday shirts[short sleeved] in the uk and i don't ware things like shorts/baggies/t-shirts etc so no point in having them
Very impressive Wizard - and a quarter of the wardbrobe - THAT MUCH :rofl
Hi

As everyone knows me on here..I always buy new stuff for my summer hols, but this year Im using my maxi dresses/skirts that I bought last year, cos yep I didnt wear them took to much.but I have got 20 lios of luggage...But I did buy a new pair of boot sandals from zara yesterday and some rare boot sandals from topshop, cos I know they will be a sell out...I got the last size 3 in both...so Im being prepared early....
We travel to Egypt often and we always take a suitcase of clothes which we then leave behind for the locals,and also buy new stuff from Primark especially to give away. :tup
The only new thing I can recall buying specifically for a holiday was a white jacket that I bought to take to Monte Carlo. I wanted to look the part! I wore it one evening and ended up carrying it anyway because it was so hot!
Off on a holiday shopping spree to primark on Sunday. I have money in my purse so probably won't find anything I like- it's always the case :(
I can't say I buy anything special for holidays, I probably did many years ago but not now. I think I used to take a different outfit for each day or some that I would only wear twice but I travel extremely lightly these days so normally just have a couple of changes of clothes and shoes with me. A lot of my holidays are to the far east and I always leave clothes and toiletries for hotel staff in the various places I visit. When I went to Cuba I did take more with me but my case was half empty when I returned due to the amount of clothes and toiletries I had given to hotel staff around the island.
chami wrote:
We travel to Egypt often and we always take a suitcase of clothes which we then leave behind for the locals,and also buy new stuff from Primark especially to give away. :tup

My husband went home to Turkey recently and he took a few things for himself but most of the case was filled with baby to clothes to give away to the people who live in the villages near where his family home is. His case on the way back was filled with loads of things people had given him to bring back for me and the girls so although he hardly took anything for himself he had a full case both ways :rofl

I have actually started my holiday shopping already even though we don't go away until August ;) , I have ordered some stuff form La Redoute, not just for holiday though, I just wanted to buy some summer clothes as I am so fed up with my winter wardrobe!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.