General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
HAs anyone got a link to a pic of this garment please. I've seen something similar in my catalogue. It looks like a trousers with a skirt draped around it but don't know if you're talking about the same thing. I didn't think the one I saw was a wrap around thing.
Whether they will suit you or whether you like them or not will not depend on how comfortable you feel in a fairly loose, often shapeless garment.

SM, I guess I am just fortunate in that I am a loose, shapeless person, so it should suit me down to the ground. It didn't cross my mind until just now that in a strong breeze your gusset could become loose and flap around. :rofl :rofl

Also, what if you forget to wear knickers? It would look like two bald men fighting to get out of a carrier bag!

Sheila.
sydney wrote:
It didn't cross my mind until just now that in a strong breeze your gusset could become loose and flap around.
Not very Euro-chic at all! :rofl
Sydney
You made me laugh out loud, I could just imagine the whole senario,clothes flapping about in the breeze
exposing bits that should not be exposed :yikes
M
It didn't cross my mind until just now that in a strong breeze your gusset could become loose and flap around.

If this 'Itsawrap' is designed like my old hippy gear then the gusset (firmly between your legs!) is about the only thing that is guaranteed to stay in place :-) But your legs and cheeks could certainly be exposed on a windy day! Last time I was on La Gomera in the Canaries I noticed that they were still popular with the aging hippies but I got rid of mine a long while ago!

SM
Has anyone else tried the hair combs called 'stylees'? They are being featured today on Ideal World. They are two combs with covered elastic keeping them together.

About 3 years ago I bought a set (one matt black and one black satin) with the three bands across it. They keep my hair in place and they do not dig in when I am lying on a sunbed.

I prefer the darker coloured ones as some of the brighter ones look a bit tacky for my tastes, but they do seem to sell quickly.
I'm hoping to establish a little 'Eurochic' this summer. Only problem is I won't be in Europe, but the Caribbean. Instead of taking my usual load of shorts and vests I'm going to take a selection of lovely kaftans. I've also been fancying those new type of thin hairbands. Not sure how to describe them really. You can get plaited ones and some that look like chains. Do you know what I'm talking about? I've been tempted to buy one or two but think I might be a bit old for that sort of thing :duh They'd probably make me look more hippy chic than Euro chic.
Hi Shirley,
Yeah I know the bands you are talking about - lots of the girls around here, including my daughter, are wearing them not as hairbands but as headbands (across the forehead) - now that really would make you hippy chic and give you a lovely tan line to remember your holiday for a while!!
Shirley, I say go girl !! get yourself them hairbands and wear them with pride !! you're never too old to work the 'carribean chic ' look !
I'm going to attempt it myself in jamaica this sunday, only I'll be trying the straw cowboy hat look, mind you, a bit mithered as the hats kinda croched with holes in, so I may have some interesting tan lines with that one !! :rofl
hey ho !!
have a fab time !
cheers
juby
I like the sound of the thin hairbands, especially the ones that are plaited.

I cannot say the same for kaftans because being short, fat and round I think I would look like I had just come out of the changing room really quickly and had got caught in it's curtain! :rofl
Nice selection of the hairbands in New Look, Matalan & Accessorize, and as long as the kaftans cover your thighs, they suit any shape Sydney.
Hello Ladies,

Not been on this thread for a while. So have we not discovered any new "must have" for this summer? It's time I started planning a summer holiday wardrobe.

I will be ensuring that my ITSA is first in the case.

I'm thinking Moontide Reversibles for this year! :D http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=MT-M6541VN
I've just ordered a couple of reversible bikinis from Next. They are all £12 separates so I've basically got 4 bikinis for £48 which isn't bad for them.

I realised just how old some of my others are but you know how it is when some become favourites? Well, my salmon pink coloured one has been worn away at the back by chlorine and sun and really it's massively faded so I am having to say bye bye to that one this year I think.

I am sooooo pleased that the fashions have now gone away from tight and short. I thought that craze would never bloody end. All praise for the baggy, the floaty and the long! :cheers
Moontide reversibles - £38 for top & £16.50 for bottom - :cry too steep for me
You're right Helen, they are really expensive.

Might have a look at the Next ones and see if there is any to suit my "top heavy self".

A lot of my bikinis are a couple of years old now too and although theres nothing wrong with them I'm a bit bored of them tbh.
The ones I have bought are not the best for someone with a large chest, I have bought halter necks and they are in a very soft fabric and also are a little on the small side.
Ah probably best not then, don't want to scare any small children! :rofl
juby you were right i have not stopped laughing i can so indentify with everyone on here.
i've just bought a cowboy style hat tried it on my daughter has said if i wear it she is not going to the pool with me :que
dont understand thought i looked very eurochic umm maybe not.
thanks for giving me so many laughs.
Thanks for this. Not a lot makes me laugh out loud but this thread really did. Brilliant!

I recently bought a 'saress' which I found really quite useful (although I'm still wondering why it doesn't look the same on me as in the brochure!). Basically this is a sarong with shoulder straps. Doesn't blow open when you walk exposing all those wobbly bits. Comes in some lovely colours/patterns. £18 well spent in my opinion.

Thanks again for the laughs. :rofl

Caz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.