Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Thank you very much!

I had read that the beach opposite the Ereso wasn't the best, but there were better ones in 5/10 mins walking.

Can I ask too, is it quite easy to get the ferry to Ibiza town? and if so how much?

Thank you!
Hopeful

You are 2 mins walk from the harbour where the 'ferry boats' leave to go up and down the coast - you can get a ferry to Ibiza Town from there ( as well as many other resorts) but I suspect it might be quite pricey and take a good while - sure someone else will be able to give you more detail.
The bus would probably be quicker and cheaper.

The best beach (IMHO) is Cala Nova which is a good 10 min walk from the Ereso - up through town and past the Fiesta Cala Nova Hotel. I found the 'main' beach to be too crowded myself.

John
Hi, i've always found the beach in Es Cana really clean, however sometimes the water can be a different matter, i'm not sure if its because of the watersports and the boats that make the water slightly dirtier than other beaches. There is a beautiful beach called Cala Lleyna which the land train takes you to I believe you can also walk there (never done it myself though) and there is also the Cala Nova beach which has more waves unlike the calm water at Es Cana.

I'm also staying at the Ereso and will be my 5th stay, you picked a fantatsic hotel and i'm sure you will have a fantastic holiday which ever beach you use.
Thank you both for your replies.

It was a last minute unexpected holiday (we go in about 2 weeks!), and we don't go on holiday very often so I feel I have to really *get it right* if you see what I mean..I don't want to let the family down.

I'm a sure we will have a lovely time.

Thank you all :)
I'll probably see you there i'm flying on the 27th for 2 weeks!
Hi there.
Just come back on 08. july. Ereso is absolutley fab and the staff can't do enough for you. in answer to your enqiries,
1. Es Cana beach is fine as long as there has not been any heavy seas for a few days.(It tends to get a lot of seaweed washed in if it's been rough out to sea for a while.) Whilst we were there, water was clear and the sand clean. Sunbeds cost 3.50 euro each and the same for a parasol. Carla Nova beach is great, but do watch out for the beach flags. The lifeguards know what they are talking about.
2. ferry to Ibiza town is 14 Euro return and well worth the trip for itself.(Just be aware that this is Spain and they tend to stop everything for "lunch" :rofl

Enjoy yourself and if you happen to call into "Apache" bar say Hi to mine host MAX he is a true gem (If you want to make a friend for life, take a box of PG teabags over for him!!)
Just back from Es Cana today, and the beach was perfectly clean, and the water crystal clear while we were on it (didn't go on every day)

The end nearest Charlies Bar etc, there seems to be a lot less seaweed, whereas over by the Hotel Miami end, there's quite a lot in the water.

Litter-wise, it was kept very clean
Cala Martin is my favorite beach, it is a 10/15 walk past the Hippy Market. It is a long beach that leads to other beaches if you walk along. Lots of watering holes along the beach too.
Thanks all for your kind replies, we really appreciate them!

I'm quite excited about going now!

Suzi, I probably will see you there..you'll spot me fine I'm the ugly one :)

Just one last question, we are staying full board, how does that work with drink?

I know it's not like all inclusive where you get them all, but does it entitle us to any drinks at all? for example a cup of tea with breakfast etc?
The Beach was very clean last year and I hope for the same, Cala Nova just around the corner has some good surf and is great fun. never been full board but whenever I have stayed in a hotel tea,coffee and juice were alwas part of breakfast lunch and dinner. You'll have to pay for your beer though (Damn!)
If anyone knows about the drinks (not the alchoholic stuff but are any drinks included with the meals as part of the full board price? if not is it expensive if you want a cup of tea with breakfast or juice with lunch etc - we have limited fuinds so with 2 adults and 2 teens I need to watch on this one) I'd be really greatful for your advice, thank you.
Tea, coffee and juices are normally included with breakfast. I have never stayed in a hotel where that wasn't the case.

I would assume that at lunch and dinner you will need to buy your own drinks right down to a bottle of water. We are prepared for that as we are staying at the Ereso from Aug 17th.
Thanks for both your replies :)

Thats not so bad then if I can have a cup of tea with my breakfast!

We arrive on the 1st (at the ereso) so I will let you know for sure when we get back Duncan. :)
Hi, you receive free tea, coffee and juice at breakfast. But you pay for drinks at lunch and dinner, these prices are the same as the price you pay at the bar.

Only a week to go and I'm very excited!
Wonderful Suzi, thank you!

We arrive on the 1st, I can't wait!! :)
Hi there going to Hotel Ereso in Aug, can anyone tell me do they hire pool towels to guests? travelling light so dont want to take them if Hotel supplies them
Hi, they havent hired towels since i've been going so I imagine this is still the case. You could always buy cheap towels while you are there and not bring them home!

Happy holidays!
Thanks Suzi, yes will probably do that. :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.