General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Depending upon flight time, I try to sleep. Flew back from bulgaria once, fell asleep at take-off, awoke at landing, shortest flight ever, it was brilliant. I enjoy the take-offs and landings, but the bit in the middle bores me to tears.

Cheers
Mark 8)
I spy with my little eye something begining with LR

Loose rivet! :)
This year I have a psp so I've uploaded some dvds to watch!
I get very uncomfy on the plane as my knees seem to be right in the back of the chair infront!
hiya im only 4 foot something so lucky i dont get that problem but my partner does
Fretting about the landing :roll:
Usually watch TV, play I-Spy, top trumps. This year I have a new phone and it has this system where you can knock the phone facilities off and only use it as an MP3 so will be listening to that. Hope it will be allowed though.
I used to pluck my eyebrows BUT now that I can't take them onboard I read my magazine or sudoko. There is always the guessing game of "whats in the flight mea"l to look forward to. CBG
How does that work with the PSP? Only I bought my son one for xmas and we go to Egypt (5 hours on small plane :roll: ) in a couple of weeks.

I normally stare out of the window if lucky enough to get one. Otherwise try and attain a level of trance so that I can kind of pretend I am not there at all. Headphones for either the film or IPod are good as they block out most of the noise that reminds you of where you are.

I find it such a low quality experience these days I really don't like it at all.
Well i usually like to bag the asle seat so i can stretch the legs a bit more , usually tripping someone over at the same time :shock: and to make an easy exit to the toilet + i feel trapped sitting anywhere else. Then i have a flick through the in-flight mag before trying to have a sleep on the armrest. This is usually impossible and before i know it ,its drinky time and hot chocolate for me. back to the in-flight mag again trying to find something interesting this time , then dinner, more armrest sleep and back to that boring mag again. 8)
I get a magazine from the airport and read that, when finished, i swap with someone else on the plane who looks like they've finished!
I used to pluck my eyebrows BUT now that I can't take them onboard I read my magazine

........ since when have they stopped you taking your eyebrows on an aeroplane ??? :rofl
For the psp you'll first need a fairly large memory stick and you'll need a program to convert your dvds to mp4. But you also have to make a special folder for them as they won't be recognised! If you google it there is plenty of info!
You can get a good watchable film on about 350mb so a memory stick of 2-4gb is best!'
Ebay have loads of 'fake sony mem sticks for a lot cheaper than sony and they work just as well!
OOOPs its the tweezers !!???
....... thought it might be but just couldn't resist !! :lol: :lol:
Imagine you are sat there eating your plane food and someone next to you is plucking their eyebrows :) lol
My wife uses the strips from superdrug!
My wife uses the strips from superdrug!

...... Me too - much tastier than airline food !!! :rofl
Normally I read the inflight magazine or any magazines i have with me.
I also listen to my MP3. I try to engage my husband to chat through the flight but he puts in foam ear plugs an mp3 and a sleep eye mask and shuts down for the whole flight (think he's trying to tell me something) :roll:
But, not any more :!:
Tonight I watched snakes on a plane, so my entire journey will be spent watching out for slitherys :shock:
hugs la x
Me thinks Sagres has overdosed on the Sense of Humour Pills :rofl
Thanks for all that info Chivas. I now know how I am going to spend the next few weeks, trying to convert films to play on the PSP. Hubby has just helpfully suggested I just buy some PSP DVD's. :roll: he's obvioulsly not up for the challenge of DIY.

Have you been on the 'vino tinto' Sagres? :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.