Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
FOXY if you use the link posted on the previous page it will take you to the announcment that members are talking about

you may need to unlock your pop up blocker

wizard
Hi all, if anyone wants to get in touch.. . I will be taking this further on my return from wherever we might end up. If anyone wants to join forces contact me by PRIVATE MAIL

sorry F/B edit to remove personal information for security reasons
I only hope all the offices are closed becasue they are trying to contact people affected tonight. Especially those going tomorrow. If anyone gets a helpline number please post it!
has anybody found any alternatives?
To ALL...............

I have been in this situation before and everyone should bear in mind that you have been saved being sent to a hotel that is not finished. Everyone will find a new holiday and it will be great! Dont get too down, try and keep posative.

We were cancelled by Airtours from a dream holiday to Jamacia 5* all inclusive 1 week before we were due to go with a couple from Ireland (we are in the UK) so could not get over to sort things out with the travel agent we booked it with in Ireland so had to do it all over the phone. Bear in mind though that we then changed our holiday to Kuoni (classed as the best long haul tour operator in the UK - yeah my arse) who sent us to Jamacia.

We then had 4 great days only to be hit by a class 5 hurricane (IVAN) and Kuoni would not charter a plane to get us out.

On the possative side we survived where 53 people died................

The moral is things will always happen. Try to look on the bright side.

P.S I would still go back to Couples Ochis Rios in Jamacia tomorrow!!!!! Just not with Kuoni.

Happy Hols
i feel so sorry for all of use
we changed to pp after that bbc 1 programe
hope : use all find new holidays :bhead :evil: :wlink
Dear all, I have just received some new photos of KABC taken wednesday the 28th June. They are posted in the uploads section of the gallery. From these you will see that it was never going to open this week. They MUST have known this before today. :evil:

(Still looks good though.........) :D
As Wizard has previously directed you above, please take note of the following:

Your holiday is covered by the 1992 Package Tour & Travel Regulations which give you certain rights in law. Any problems relating to building work, lack of amenities, etc. should be notified to you well before departure. Failure to do so is an absolute breach of these Regulations.

If anyone is travelling within the next six weeks you should be offered alternative accommodation by the tour operator, if available, and if not you are entitled to a full refund of all monies paid plus compensation for the fact that you were not notified in good time in order for you to choose another holiday.

If you are offered some compensation from the tour operator then please write to the tour operator immediately and state that you are not accepting this in full and final settlement of the matter and that you are reserving the right to pursue a claim for further compensation.

If you accept an alternative accommodation then immediately write to your tour operator stating that you are taking the alternative UNDER DURESS and reserving the right to pursue a claim on your return from holiday.

if you have any concerns whatsoever regarding pre-departure problems or when you come home, please telephone Ros Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor on 01922 621114.
i feel really sorry for all you that have been let down, we jumped ship after the bbc programme, and up till today i was kinder fealing a bit jellous that you were still going to kabc, we are going to cuba now there is plenty of spaces there for 13 july from gatwick
OMFG!!!!!!! what is FC playing at :bhead .........does anyone know when this was posted on FC web site???
Debz 32 this notice was posted sometime today.
Debz
This info is dated today
I am still in shock! and shaking! Gutted as I was so looking forward to it after all of the build up and chatting on here.
However, relieved we have managed to transfer to fantastic looking resort.
Got to leave at 4.30 tomorrow morning though so frantically rushing to pack and get the house sorted.
Does anyone know if we can get our deposit back????
Firebird, just had a look at the pictures.
Well at least FC have done the right thing cancelling as it certainly doesn't look finished.
I just wish they had cancelled everyone a week ago so we all had time to get our heads around it all.
We are now going to have to exchange our Euro's at the aiport to the correct currency for turkey..........it's so frustrating.
because of the latest news will this site still close tommoro or will it now carry open open so we can all keep in touch where we are all going to instead
First Choice has taken the decision not to put customers into the Kos Aqua Beach Club this summer, and will now be taking legal action against the developer. For full details of the statement, please click here:

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/info/latestnews2.html

For important advice from Travel Law Solicitor, Ros Fernihough, please click here:

http://holidayforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t

wizard
what do you think wizard will you leave the site open a little longer now that it isnt opening?
Hi all, :( foxy we have not decided on anywhere else yet, actually don't feel as I can be bothered :cry: might just let firebird sort it out.

Still can't believe this at such short notice, and it is not even confirmed to us 5th Julyer's yet wonder when we will get the call?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.