Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
With regard to passports, the rule is 6 months but is usually relaxed for children.

I went to Cuba and my son had 5 months and they were fine.

You may find it is not the country visiting that is strict it is the airline as they could face fines if they let you travel.

But as I said it is usually ok with children, but I would check.

I had to get my passport renewed - it was back within 10 days. done via post office where they check all documents (cost me 58.00 inc the charge for checking)

Can't believe 1st July is nearly here - has been an eventful ride!!
My sons first passport came back within 10 days using check and send & first passports usually take longer. you have to sit around waiting for it to come back though to sign for it, it does not come through post anymore, a security company deliver it between 9-5 and give you no warning what day they come, unless you miss them and have to rebook, if your hol is more then 3 weeks ago, i'm sure you will be fine but the post office will be able to tell if you if there will be delay!
Does anyone know if there def is a bus that stops at kabc going to tingaki and kos town?? :D
I spoke to the passport office yesterday and my passport has been printed yesterday so I am def. going to Kos Aqua Beach Club on 5th July 8) The reason Ive renewed the passports is my mum and dad came back from greece less than 2 weeks ago and sat next to a woman who travelled without her husband because he was refused travel by the airline as he only had 5 clear months on his passport!!! The passport office have been really helpful and it has only taken 8 days so far and they said I should receive the passport today/tomorrow.
While it is so quiet on here I thought I would give some info. to those of you who have not been to tingaki before. If you plan to leave the KABC which I do recommend and hire a car.

:sun Tingaki: Bars, Resturants, shops and a large supermarket and the end of the road going away from tne beach think it is called constantines.Tingaki is good for a laid back night out, family friendly, there are a couple off discos along the road and the waiters in one of the tavernas even break from routine and entertain with traditional dance usually end on the pavement outside it is great. ALL friendly and welcoming.

:sun Zia: Mountain village with craft stalls, tavernas a few shops and spectacular views especially at sunset. :sun

:glynis :pele Kos: can be very busy but is great for shopping. the harbour area is very nice just sit and have a drink and people watch. Plenty of bars and clubs for a lively night out. In the heat I prefer laid back :roll: think I am getting old.

:pele :glynis Kardemena: Party, Party, even a Mcdonalds open into the early hours of the morning. My son and gransons eyes lit up when they seen it and of course they ate there that evening.

:sun Thermal springs: Pass Kos town, through to Psalidi and follow the road to the end, you will come to them on the left hand side of the road. They can get very busy as the locals use them as well. The springs get very hot be careful if you are sunburnt :yikes it hurts.

There is so much to see on Kos it would be a shame not to try and get around. :) Nature reserve with tortoises, peacocks, cats, kittens and other wild life roaming around, sorry can't give you directions to this we just always seem to know the way when we are on the road.

I could keep going but I will stop now these places are all not to far away.

One more for the kids and big kids. Go-Karting. from the beach end of tingaki go up the road away from the beach just over half way turn right as though heading to marmari Go-karts are about half way down that road,
Sukaay, thanks for the info! Maybe you could spend some more time, whilst you are not doing anything more productive, telling us what are your favourite greek dishes? And also what is for tea?
Sat in garden thinking I can't believe it is nearly the 1st July and Janenmick are nearly on their way after all this worrying and was thinking right back to when I first joined and read Sukkay's (i think) summer holiday song and had it going through my head so here is a starter for your new one!!

First Choice are opening the Kos Aqua Beach Club
This time it is really true
Jane n Mick are the 1st one's over there
and will report to Holiday Truths for you

They're going to relax in the wave pool
they will be on that big slide too
they're going on All Inclusive
with lots of drink and food
Also have you been to bubble beach :lol:
Firebird I have not got a clue, you just carry on with your countdown in seconds. ok. :roll:
Wilson Family I love you song :) we could add it onto the other for the more positive ending. :)
Well all packed now ready for the off :fly Will really miss all you guys but look forward to reading all your reviews as you return. Hope to post a review on Sunday and hope you all have brilliant holidays. :glynis :wave By the way look forward to meeting all 5ths :ghug
See you there Janenmick Bye :)
Hope you have a great time Jane and Mick, enjoy yourselves! :fish :sun :fly :glynis :hyper

Sarah
Jane and Mick
Have a wonderful first few days look forward to reading reviews will see you on the 5th in the afternoon.
Michelle
Foxy we will be travelling at the same time and won't know each other it will feel weird knowing that there is somebody on the plane, but don't know who, that we have been speaking to for the last few weeks. We will have to play guessing games to keep us occupied :lol: See you at the bar hopefully on the 5th with Janenmick, for a welcome drink 8)
To janenmick
Just one more thing to pack - well two actually. I think we had better escalate your VIP status to that of royalty "Mme". So don't forget your strategically placed handbag and glasses for reading the opening speech beginning "My husband and I........", oh and you had better break with protocol and swap the handbag to alternate arms as you will end up with strap marks from the glorious Greek sunshine.

Have a fantastically brilliant time, and a drink for each and every one of us on the list (we have you booked into re-hab on return) - ENJOY.

very sincere wishes to you both.
:gluck :glynis
anyone know a car hire company which will drop car off on site?
hello all im new to this forum i will be travelling to the aqua beach club on august 2 from gatwick with hubby mark and two kids age 4 and 6 we booked it last august so gutted about all the delays. hope all who going soon will keep us posted. been into first choice today who say all is now on track . however waited so long still intent on enjoying my holiday and hope to meet some nice people too.
Hi janenmick, dont forget..........leave some beer for us :D
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.