Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Lily Beach
199 Posts
Hi Joe

Im going on the 19th (next week).

I have seen how bad the guest book looks and was going mention it to them.
Am glad you reminded me actualy.

:x

kiran
Hi ajkitty
Thanks for that, have a great time.

Regards
Joe :sun
We are off to Lily Beach in April ths year, just wondered if anyone else was due to fly out in April? :lol:

Is there anything that anyone feels is a 'Must Take' to Lily Beach. We have visited Kuramathi, but wanted to see what a smaller island was like..... just hoping my husband doesnt get too bored, so I am spending some time finding out which trips are the best to go on..... I thought Fishing, Whale shark (sounds like a must!), the snorkelling safari, sunset cruise............ anyone have any other must do ideas???? :idea:

Thanks

Nikki
I am thinking of going on the 'Romantic Barbecue Dinner on a Secluded Island' on lily beach, has anyone ever been on it? is it easy enough to get 3 couples to go? :roll:

Im also looking at the cost of hiring the speedboat or a Dhoni for half a day (or a day depends on price)..... does anyone have any idea what they charge for this? :?:
Hi

interesting discussion.

half a day dhoni could be in the range of US$200. but this is not a definite figure. there can be much higher charges as well depending on the dhoni. speed boats costs much higher.

usually resort will arrange for half day trips to other islands. or are you loking into hiring a dhoni on yr own?

cheers

*Edit unauthorised sig removed - Admin*
Hi all,
Just got back from a 15 night stay on Lily Beach, will file a report soon.

Regards

Joe :sun
Hi Joe

glad to hear your back. Hope your holiday at Lily Beach was as good this time as all the others. Did your friends like the Maldives?

Sandra
Hi Joe,

Glad you had a good holiday....... cant wait to read your report, we are due to fly out there in 2 weeks!! and we are really excited :D

Bling
Hi All
just to let you know I have posted a report of our recent trip.

Regards
Joe
and you can read it here
( Joe - do you have a copy of it? If so, could you copy and paste it to here? )
Hi
Looking to book for next year to celebrate my husbands 50th. Heard about Lily beach for an all inclusive deal and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for this location or any other??

Spends about £2500 to £3000!!! Is this a realistic price??

Cheers 8)
while you are waiting for a reply have a look here for our reviews :D
Lily Beach according to mails I have received is due to close next May for 6 months for refurbishment. So depending when you wanted to go may influence if you can stay there.
Following link is really useful for looking at the maldives islands, has a really good update on Lily Beach and what it will look like once the building work is completed.

http://www.maldives.at/
The website has now been updated with some artist pictures, downloads and the New Price List!!!

http://www.lilybeachmaldives.com/
looked at the new web site and I must say that it seems that this island has gone way up market, why they offer guest several brands of cigs beggers belief.
Joe
Prices have risen as well Joe, suppose it's what becomes of trying to make the island a 5 star retreat. Would really love to go back, but not next year. Based upon other island experiences think they need to get rid of any teething problems, and try again the following year. Hopefully that time too the prices will have settled down so you will know what you have to pay instead of by guessing based upon a couple of websites that have holidays available for next year.

Would really like to know if anyone has booked for next year (as I'm sure it wont be opening this year), and what sort of prices they have been quoted.

Lions Rugby tour next year, and Lily Beach the following, fingers crossed.
Hi Sean
yes, I noticed that prices have gone up, would still like to give it a go in the future.
Next January we are going to Kuredu a larger island than we are used to, will report back following visit.

Joe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.