Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Lily Beach
199 Posts
Whilst everyone is discussing costs - we paid £1150 per person for two weeks with Hayes & Jarvis flying with Monarch in the first two weeks in June. The flight was the only part of the holiday I'd change, go with a scheduled airline if you can afford it. Some people paid less than us for the same deal, try Airtours maybe?

Naomi & Dusty
Just posted 17 pics in the photo gallery section. Hope that those already booked to go and those who can't make up their minds find them useful. Just do it!!!

Naomi & Dusty
Hi Naomi & Dusty
glad that Lily Beach lived up to it's reputation, we seem to have fallen in love with this place and sometimes my wife comments that I keep going on about it, mind you she's just the same.
as for the price, it does fluctuate between seasons, it's always cheaper during the so called wet season, whatever the cost I still think this is a place that has to be visited and we are looking forward to taking our friends to experience this island.
the photo's are great and the whale shark trip is on my list for next time.

Regards

Joe
Hi Joe

i read you booked your holiday through ThomsonTV. could you tell me how to contact them. Is it on sky TV or a website? sorry to show my ignorance. Does the price you paid for next years hols include scheduled flights with Emirates?

many thanks Sandra
Hi Naomi & Dusty

Many thanks for your reply.... like the pictures!

Mark :D
Hi sandra
Just to let you know that we found thomsontv via the internet, I explained that I had already received a quote from H&J, they said that they could beat that quote which they did, same holiday same tour operator but cheaper.
We could not get the flights we wanted using Emirates, flights by FCA using there newly refurbished 767's same leg room as Emirates.

Regards

Joe
:lol: Hi all

Thank you all for you advice re costs of holidays to Lily Beach. We finally managed to book our holiday to lily beach to celebrate our silver wedding-after a lot of price searching.

We encountered a few problems but got a reasonable deal: H&J no longer fly using Emirates (our first choice - Pardon the puns- of airline) from Glasgow.

We could have flown First choice, but were looking to upgrade and nothing was available on the dates we wanted to travel.

We appear to be travelling at one of the most expensive times of year.

We were offered decent deals to fly fron Gatwick but it meant numerous flight changes after flying from Glasgow, including stops at Manchester before arriving at Gatwick!!

We finally booked through an agent- Ramsay World Travel- who booked through Thomson Worldwide Flying with Emirates from Glasgow on the 5th April 2006, Complimentary passes ( I am sure we paid for them somewhere) for Glasgow Airport lounge, 7 nights at lily beach, 1 day room @ Hulhule Hotel, returning to Glasgow on the 14th April at a cost of £1438 pp.

We are really excited even though there are months to go, and would really welcome any advice or tips anyone can give us.

Regards

Donna :D
Hi,
I was thinking of my choices for a twin centre holiday next year, we had decided on a 3 night stop at Dubai then onto the Maldives for a week. We were looking at the options in the Tradewinds brochure, we had decided on Lily beach for the maldives, it was given as a four star and their most expensive option (otion c for those of you familiar with the tradewinds brochures) however i have just picked up their new book for 2006 and they have down graded Lily beach to a three star and removed it from their option replacing it with Komandoo Island. Does anyone know why Lily beach has been downgraded to a three star?
We wanted a small island, good food, all inclusive, good close snorkelling and a good dive school, trips available, but over all peaceful and pretty.
Any ideas folks would be greatfully received.
Katie.
No idea why they have now listed it as 3+stars. Hayes and Jarvis and airtours still have it as a 4*.

We went last Xmas and are going again this year and can't wait - it has all the qualities you are looking for.
Hi Sandra
If you can't make it next year I'm sure you will make sometime, we kept saying this year is the last for a while, when we got back my hand kept feeling for the wallet, followed by the eventual booking, seems like a good form of addiction.

Donna,
Glad to read that you have booked to go next year, we like yourselves wanted to use Hayes&Jarvis via Emirates and alas they said use FCA or walk, following good reviews of FCA we decided to go with them.

Joe :sun
Hi Katielind,

My friend honeymooned at Lily Beach. She did say it was more of a 3* /3.5* as far as overall quality goes in the scale of things......BUT they still had an amazing time and would go back. Lots to do. Food was a bit boring as it's all buffets, but as long as you know these things then you are at least prepared.

She said it's in no way luxurious, but they were just looking for no news no shoes and thats definately what they got and they were happy.

hth

LisaMJ xx
Hi everyone

anyone been to lilly beach over xmas?
we fly out on the 19th december this year .
the last time we went was on our honeymoon in 1999!
just wanderd if alot has changed.
anyone else going around this time would love to hear from you!

ajkitty
Hi ajkitty
We won't be there untill March, but look for post's from Cynical as she will be there over xmas, they were there last xmas/new year but had their stay cut short by the Tsunami, not that the island was too affected, but the tour op pulled them out.

Regards

Joe
After lots of research we've decided on Lily Beach. It looks wonderful !!
The only thing that bothers me.....is there enough to do? We're thinking about 2 weeks, but I've seen a good offer for 3 weeks!!
We both enjoy mixing with other people and after 30 years of marriage we're still good friends.
Would you say that after the usual 2 weeks, we will have enjoyed our holiday, but having "been and done everything" will be ready for home?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
I guess it depends how much you like lazing around doing nothing.

As with all Maldivian islands there isn't much to actually'do' beyond snorkelling, diving, going on the odd island excursion etc. The main bar area in the evening seems quite a social place - we often used to join table with other couples and chat away the evening but by day you will be mostly alone - sometimes it was hard to believe there was over 150 guests on the island as we hardly saw anyone except at lunch.

The menu in the restaurant is changed on a fortnightly basis so you'll start to see the same dishes being served after the second week. Whatever you decide it'll be fab. Have fun.
I agree with Tracy,
given half a chance I would stay for 3 weeks just to carry on chilling out.
but would find it hard adjusting to reality on return.

regards

Joe
God, i cant wait to test it all out. Fourteen weeks to go and counting!!!!! :D
Hi Tykes,

We were at Lily Beach this year for the last two weeks in April and the weather was absolutely glorious during the day. We did have a couple of nights when it rained but it was only for a short time, and then one night we had the best thunderstorm I've ever witnessed.

You could tell that the weather was changing, as we were on a few trips where we could see rain etc on the horizon, and the actual tidal flow around the island actually changed in the second week we were there.

Saying that have heard from people who were there the same time as you have booked, and they have said that the temperatures were even hotter !!

I contacted Lily Beach to ask, and their advice is that the weather and climate has become more unpredictable over the last couple of years.

Sean
Hi Tykes
we were at Lily Beach from the 2nd May till 14th May this year. The day we arrived it was raining. The rest of our holiday we had mixed weather but it was mostly sunny. The day we left it was raining heavily. I would go back this time of year again as the heat is more bearable for me. I managed to get a good suntan but my husband burned himself badly a couple of times even though he was wearing a very high factor sun lotion.
You will love Lily Beach. It has a lovely laid back atmosphere and I have yet to see a bad report about it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.