Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Lily Beach
199 Posts
The rooms at Lily are pretty spacious - outdoor bathrooms next to a small "dressing area" with a dressing table/mirror etc. These form a sort of "L" shape to the main - squarish - room which has loads of space. Never felt cramped even with huge dive bags hogging a big corner of floor space.

The rooms also have a small terrace at the front (with your little bowl for foot-washing) where you can sit out and chill down if you haven't got the energy to stagger twenty paces through the mangroves to the beach!

Never been inside the water bungalows so can't comment on those - but they weren't quite what I expected outlook-wise and I wouldn't have wanted to pay the extra for the upgrade to them. Understand these are on the refurb plan for Lily Beach.
Hi Tah-m

Thanks for your answer :)
Hi,

We are off to Lily Beach on Sunday - just wanted to know if we should take a beach towel with us. Their web site says pool towels provided, can you take these onto the beach? What about if you go on a trip off the Island?

Thanks

Naomi and Dusty 8)
Hi Naomi and dusty
We always take our beach towels with us, yes they do provide pool towels which you may use in and around the pool, if your room is near the pool there is no reason why you can not use their towels, if your room is at the other end of the Island best use your own, all the sun loungers have soft cushions.

Regards

Joe

ps enjoy yourselves
Hi Julie
In answer to yor Q, yes we are going back to Lily Beach next March, I have been fortunate to have visited many places But this is the only place where I can recharge my batteries so to speak, to sit on the warm beach late at night watching the stars and seeing flickering light from the sea of glowing micro organisms, you do get a tad emotional, my wife tends to shed a tear when its time to go home.
Yes it is a bit special.

Have a great time

Regards

Joe :sun
Regarding beach towels.

Beach towels were left in our room for us to use. The trips......whale shark provided, coral garden did not.
Hi - We are off to the Maldives again in June 2006 (Yes I know a long way away - but off to Cuba in just over 2 weeks time)

We have been to The Madives twice before and have on both occasions been to the same island (Sun Island)

I was wondering if anyone out there has any recomendations for any other islands.

=========================
Just a few things the island must contain:
ALL INCLUSIVE -- Don't really want any other worries about cost of food & drinks
SWIMMING POOL -- The missus is terrified of the sea, but is ok in a swiiming pool
BEACH BUNGALOW or WATER VILLA ---- No 2 storey accomodation thanks
AIR CONDITIONING -- Essential

Well that is about it --- so recommend away --- Please also state which tour operators you booked with so I can check up on the prices

Thankyou
Daza
Hi Daza. What about Lily Beach. We are going in November. It has some very good reviews.

It is:

All Inclusive
Beach bungalows
Water bungalows (but not entirely over the sea
Only has about 85 rooms
A close House Reef
Hi Daza. It also has a pool and air con. We booked through Thomas Cook :D
Hi Daza
I have read your splendid reports on Sun Island, I might sound biased but I agree with Englandfan Lily beach has your requirement, I have stayed at Lily and Reehti Beach although I loved both Lily Beach had the edge, the difference being:-
1 easier snorkling
2 smaller island
3 exclusive AI
4 a great pool and bar area

This is not to say that there aren't any better Islands, I wish I could try them all, having said that one of the excusions we did was to visit other resorts by speedboat, in doing so we could compare them with Lily Beach...... and all I can say is we were glad to have chosen Lily.

Regards

Joe
I'll second Lily Beach - personally wouldn't worry about their water bungalows though (unless they have done the refurb by then?) - beach bungalows are fine.
I always prefer AI when EVERYONE is on the same plan (no ridiculous wristbands and signing for everything)

H&J also offer Lily Beach
Hmmmm --- Seems like everyone has been to Lily Beach....

Anyone else anything else to suggest -- the more options I have the better.

Thanx to everyone for recommended Lily Beach so far
You could try Meeru (Meerufenfushi) - we're going this summer, so will tell you when we get back

there is a very useful UK website with piles of info and trip reports run by a couple of self-confessed meeruphiles
http://www.meeruisland.co.uk or http://www.meeru.co.uk

I Have stayed at Paradise Island and wouldn't recommend it
Hi julie
Just remind me please, when is it that you are going?, as always look forward to reading about your stay, i'm not sure who's there at the moment but it seems that we fill in the gaps from one visit to another by reading other peoples reports, the staff are so friendly you like to know how they are getting on :lol:

Regards

Joe :sun
Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you see the response I've had from Lily Beach regarding the proposed refurbishment, as we're looking to go again next April with friends. Seems that they are not planning the refurb in the near future !!

Sean

Dear Sean,
Greetings from Lily Beach Resort Maldives.
Thank you for the mail and considering to stay with us again. We don't have any plan for the renovation the resort for the 2006.

Looking forward to see you on next year.

Best regards

Sobah
Excellent news because I am there next March for my Honeymoon. Thank you for letting us know as i did worry when I saw the previous post!

Nicola
Hi Joe. We arn't going until November 13th. Glad it isn't Friday 13th. Its actually a sunday we fly out. Its great hearing all the reports, especially when they are all good. I read on a forum (not sure if it was this one) somone saying Lily Beach was boring as there was nothing to do but dive etc. What does he really expect. Most people go to paradise to relax and see the wonderful undersea life. thats certainly what we will be doing. My husband has done it for my 40th birthday present, although i havea bit of a wait, seeing that my birthday is on Saturday. :) :D
Hi Sean. Thanks for that info. I think it is about 23 weeks till we go. I have never been to the Maldives before and i am so looking forward to it. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.