Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Lily Beach
199 Posts
Just booked a fortnights break on lily Beach at Christmas, any chance if you can advise is there is any formal dress code for the evenings? ie are shorts acceptable

Cheers
No formal dress code, shorts are acceptable. Same at lunch, bearing in mind to show some respect to the islanders. Ladies covering up bikinis, and no swimmming trunks (e.g speedos).

Just see what the other guests are wearing and you'll get the general idea.

Don't know if there is something specific for Christmas, know there are others that are watching this forum who have been at this time of year. Another idea maybe to mail LilyBeach mailto:info@lilybeachmaldives.com
Hi Pete Caroline,

Think Sean is referring to me as we were at Lily Beach last Christmas. Pleased to report that even the gala dinners on Christmas eve and New years eve are casual - plenty of shorts and bare feet to be seen.

Don't bother to bring anything more than a pair of flip flops for footware - you won't need then as all the restaurants and bars have sand floors so it's impossible to walk in anything other than flat sandals or bare feet.

i guess I'll seeyou there as we leave for a return trip on 19th December for two weeks - flying with Sri lankan this time. Hoping to make it through our full holiday this time as we had to come home 5 days early last time after the Tsunami hit.

Look forward to meeting you in Paradise !

Tracy
Hi, my husband and i are looking to go to Lily Beach in April 2006 to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. We are looking to fly from Glasgow and stay in the resort for 1 week. We have been quoted £3600 by hayes and Jarvis, however, that is only staying at lily beach for 6 nights and due to flight times, hire of a day room at the airport hotel (the flights are with Emirates). Can anyone tell me if that is a competitive quote?

The price is for a water bungalow, is it worth it or are the beach bungalows just as good? also does the all inclusive include bottled water? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
:lol:
Donna
Donna,

Are you sure that the quote was just for 7 nights, seems quite expensive to me based on our holiday this year to Lily Beach in April. Your quote is roughly what we paid for a fortnight travelling from Manchester.

Would say that the beach bungalows are as good as the Water Bungalows at Lily, as they are not fully over the water as at other hotels in the Maldives.

Water is included in the All Inclusive.

There's quite a lot of information in the threads below from other HTers.

Sean

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26110&highlight=lily+beach

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=31584&highlight=lily+beach

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=18035&highlight=lily+beach
Hi Sean

Yes it's definately only for a week, flying from Glasgow on the 9th and returning on the 17th. I was quoted £3650 for water bungalow and £3399 for beach bungalow.

I must admit i did think it was a bit expensive as i had seen 2 weeks all inclusive at Meeru with direct holidays for 2 weeks flying with airtours for less ( don't fancy it though).

Think i will shop around.

Thanks for the info.

Donna
Virgin are offering this for £ 2743.60 flying from LGW departing on 16/04/2006.

Mark :D
Thanks for that Mark, will have a look.

Donna
Hi ya Donna. We have paid the same for two weeks at Lily beach, with a flight up-grade to Premium in November. We booked with Thomas Cook. It seems like alot to me too.

Julie :)
Sorry about getting your name wrong Donand :oops:
Hi Julie
Can you confirm where your flight was from, as we got a quote from Thomas Cook that was similar to Hayes and Jarvis ( Slightly higher) and i wonder if it is because we are flying from Scotland.

Don't worry about the name you were right first time, it is my username that is donand(confusing i know but I am new to this- that's my excuse anyway)

Donna :lol:
Hi all
just been reading your posts on the price's for Lily Beach, I have just had confirmation of our holiday there next year Dep 5th March 06, £1515 per person for 14 nights beach villa, flying from LGW, agents used were thomsonTV who booked it through H&J.
This is the cheapest I have been able to find for four years.

Regards

Joe
Hi Joe

thats a very good price for that time of year. Are you flying with Emirates again? Sorry to show my ignorance but is thomsonTV found through teletext or is it found on a channel on sky t.v? I have just spoken to First Choice travel agents who said they would price match a holiday from hayes and jarvis as it part of their company. I'm considering going back to the Maldives but have a family reunion next year in the states, so the best possible price will determine whether we are able to go to the Maldives or not.
Well we are also considering going to this island in 2006. So here go the many questions I have:

- What is the weather like at the end of November as this when we usually take our annual holiday

- What is the cheapest time of year to book

- How would you recommend booking. We usually book through Virgin direct or would you suggest booking elsewhere cheaper

- What is not included in the all-inclusive price

- Is it worth upgrading to a water-villa or would you recommend just staying in the landside ones

- How frequent are excursions off the island and where are they taking you

Sorry for all these questions but this will be our first time to the Maldives. Done the Caribbean many a times, but thought a change would be nice.

Many thanks in advance for all your answers.

Mark :D
Hi Donand. We are flying from Gatwick. We had the choice of Manchester but it was dearer. :D
Hi all

Sorry to be a pest but I am still trying to cut the price we have been quoted for 1 week April 9th 2006. I got a price today from Holidayplease using H & J they are offering £1103 pp flying from Gatwick with first choice, has anyone used them for long haul before? :?

Donna
Hi. We paid about £1,600 each + a further £230 each for the flight up-grade to go premium. That is on November 13th for two weeks.

Julie :D
Hi, Naomi and Dusty. Did you have a good holiday at Lily Beach - would love to hear all about it. Maybe even see some pictures

Julie :D :x :x
We only paid £2100 each for the two weeks over Xmas and scheduled flights with Sri Lankan Airlines. Defnitely think you can get a MUCH better orice elsewhere. I agree with Joe, I really don't think the water Villas on Lily Beach are true water Villas and not worth the extra dosh.

Tracy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.