Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi
We have a topic covering this subject, the nearest station to Benalmadena is Arroyo/Benalmadena.
You should find all the information you need in the topic.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120746

Sanji :wave
Thankyou Sanji Can you please tell me how far the station is from the airport. :cheers
The train station is near the airport.

From the baggage claim hall, go upstairs to the departure hall. Go outside, turn right and walk along the outside of the building until you get to the last pedestrian crossing. Cross the road and go into the short stay car park. Walk as far as you can then turn to your right. There is a new covered walkway that takes you through the new car park extension to a footbridge over the main road. You can see the station from this footbridge. The route from the airport building is marked by red & white signs showing the front of a train. The signs hang from the roof of the car park and are also painted on the floor. It is a couple of hundred yards so take your luggage trolley all the way to the station. Somebody going the other way will take it back!

There was some engineering work taking place when I was there 2 weeks ago and trains going in both directions were using one platform. Make sure you got on a train that's going the right way!

A.M.
Make sure you get your ticket from the ticket machine before boarding the train as they charge you double the fare if you get it on the train, the cost to Benalmadena was 2euros 80 when we where there in September. The machines take coins and notes and give change.
Make sure you get your ticket from the ticket machine before boarding the train as they charge you double the fare if you get it on the train

Make that (up to) 10 times the price of the normal fare. :yikes

Sanji
Hello,
could anyone tell me the current taxi fare to Arcosur Principe Spa - Benalmadena from the airport please. Having never been I'm not sure how far it is or if it's near any train station.

Thanks
rutters

Taxi from airport around 25 euros, not more than 30, nearest train station is Arroyo de la Miel, not to far from the Arcosur Principe you could walk depending on cases kids etc, prob be better to take a taxi about 5 euros,train fare is about 1.8 euros, good look! :)
I'll be trying the train myself next week for the 1st time ever, I have always hired a car in the past but I'm getting sick of getting ripped-off with the full/empty petrol sc4m!!!!
So hopefully it will go ok, if I can find the station!!!!!
I'll get off in the centre of Torremolinos, have a meal/bite to eat first as I will arrive too early to book into my hotel - if the flights on time of course!!!!
I've taken a look at all the advice from this thread, thanks.

Robby :wink:
Robby.
Why not stay on the train until Montemar Alto.?
Follow the instructions down to Carihuela and have a meal in one of the restaurants, while your room is ready at the Lago Rojo.
I stayed there last year.

Sanji
Thanks Sanji, is/was the hotel any good??
I was toying with having lunch at one of the Chinese restaurants first, hence Torremolinos station.
I'll see what time the plane lands, maybe straight near the hotel is not a bad idea. They may take my cases and I'll be able to have a few beers while I'm waiting - just hope the weather is decent!!

Hi Robby.
I did write a review about the hotel.

They should take your cases, the reception area is quite small and they also do snacks at lunch time, the bar prices are not rip off, they are similair to outside.
If you look at the video I made of this hotel in the video library, you can see the back entrance to the hotel.
So, if you follow the intructions down from Montemar alto, it brings you out opposite Plaza del Remo.
If you walk down the main pedestrian street ( Calle Bulto) about half way down on your left you will see the gate into the hotel.

Sanji
  • Edited by Sanji 2008-11-04 18:30:30
:offtop

I read your review, thanks Sanji.
All the reviews I've read were pretty much mixed, that's why I decided on b&b, although the area is blessed with decent restaurants and it makes sense to miss the hotel evening meal. I really only do h/b in Riu and similar hotels now, good true 4* hotels. I don't really expect this to be true 4*, but it was free and I only really had the choice of this one or Las Palomas.
To keep on topic :D I'll have another look of the map, but I think I'll have about 2 hours to play with and fancy the Chinese in Torremolinos centre.

That was painless, a great service and I'll use again. Trains on time and quickly into resort.

If you are going to the Costa Del Sol on holiday, then don.t pay for the transfers, or get a taxi, use the local train, what is on the airport complex.

i go to the Costa del sol regular, and i stay in the resort of Fuengirola, it costs less than 3 Euros each to get to the resort, if you go by taxi this can cost you anything up to £25.

If any one is off to the Costa del Sol and staying in the resort of Fuengirola, if you are staying near the los bolliches end then you need to get off at los bolichess station. it is 2 min walk from the beach. The last time we went in Jan 2009 we stayed at the apartment Ronda 4. The train station is about 10 minute walk to the apartments.

The train is an excellent way of getting to one resort to another and a cheap way of transportation. :tongue
Please be aware if you are going to go to Costa del Sol that it is a big place and this rail line does not extend to all parts of it.

Only goes from MALAGA to FUENGIROLA (and stations inbetween)

There is no train line to the East e.g. Nerja etc.
It is also not a 24 hour service. Arrive at 2.00am and you will be stuck.

The first train leaves Malaga centre at 5:30am, and subsequent departures are on the hour and at half past the hour. The last train is at 10:30pm.

The first train leaves Fuengirola at 6:27am. Subsequent trains leave at 27 and 57 minutes past the hour. The last train leaves at 11:27pm.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.