Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Honestly, Tracy. We ued the train last year and it's easy. You'll be fine.
thank you aguilamike & good queen bess :)
the tip about the luggage trolley,is fantastic,i would never have done that!
6 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tracy
9 times outta 10 if you book with a major TO (TC/DH etc) you get airport transfers included in the adult price of the holiday, therefore you get off the plane, find your rep and get on your coach...sorted :tup
you don't get £40 flights & a private villa,for £80,with a major tour operator :)
a train journey,is no hassle,for that price.sorted :tup
tracy
so if I get the train to Benalmadena how far is it then to the binanza square? will I be able to walk it?
not sure where the square is but it's about 1 mile to the marina.
Arroyo / Benalmadena station to Bonanza Sq takes about 15 minutes to walk. I'm 65 years old and don't find it a problem.

Whether you can manage it or not depends on your personal circumstances !

A.M.
It does depend on how much luggage you have got but it is all down hill ;)
Tracey99

Where did toy get a private villa for £80, that's a great price!!
Hiya, thanks for the info on the train. Sounds good idea but as we are staying near benalmedena harbour do you know where we should get off the train and will we then be able to get a taxi easy to apartment (we are 5 adults & 1 toddler).

thanks, Renee xx
yes, between 1 and 1.5 miles to drive so shouldn't be expensive.
the full name of the station is "Benalmádena- Arroyo de la Miel" although I doubt anyone has ever called it that in conversation!
There is a minimum fare of €5 (10% more after 10pm) but you should be well within that going
from the station to the marina. The taxis are only licensed for 4 passengers so 5 adults + 1
toddler = 2x taxis !

A.M.
After hours of fighting technology I've found a mapping system that knows where Benalmadena station is and which is prepared show it me without having to book a hotel or buy a SatNav from them first!! It even let me save a link to save the rest of you the hassle

http://www.multimap.com/s/TfIEz7YP

If you're on dial-up it may take a couple of minutes to load but this is nothing compared to certain others!

the controls should let you scroll around and zoom, if you follow the railway line you'll find some places marked with a tilted "C" logo (looks like a London Congestion Charge symbol that's fallen over). These are local stations on the line from the airport and you might find one more convenient for where you are staying. For other resorts on the line try zooming out, centre it over the resort and then zoom in again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.