Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
not $25 as stated in another post

:oops: Read the wrong price on the My Travel page, it should be $40 about £21 per person

The bottom of this page -

http://www.mytravel.com/AniteNextPage.asp?p=EXTRAINFO_35231
We were there in july and the departure tax was $48 us dollars
:oops: I must have missed that page on Airtours site as I did look, honest .... thanks again .
We came back on the 8th August 2007 and the departure tax paid was $48 USD per person, and it had to be in cash.
hi we flew with thomsons xmas to cancun tax was not included in the price paid $48 each person in cash we were told that the tax can range from $48 to $50 best bet to put aside $50 each at start of hols that will cover it
Hi,

Landed back from mexico on 28/08/07, the tax has just gone up to $49 (520 pesos).

As per the mexican style you will get no change from a $50 dollar bill, they just see it as a tip.
$48 when you leave. just typical of mexico, you spend over £1000 for a decent hotel for 14 nights when your there you spend a fair bit thus contributing to the economy and everywhere you go you give out decent tips and then just before you leave they get the last bit of money they can out of ya by charging $48 to leave. its little things like this that put me off a place, but saying that ive still booked up for cancun in march 2008 apparently its spring break then so ill be having it with the yanks haha
Going to mayan riviera on 26th sept :D .First time to mexico.Enquired at travel agents regarding departure tax.They said it is $46 or 420 pesos. :x
just returned from mayan riviera.airport departure tax us$49 or 530 mexican pescos.paid at airport .
I know the departure tax used to be included if you were flying with Thomas Cook, does anybody know if this is still the case? I have looked on TC website and can't find the information. Even asked in the local TC shop - one assistant said yes, another said no!!!!
Told them I would ask on Holiday Truths, as someone here would surely know.!
Thanks Denny
Our flights were thru Thomas Cook but not the whole package and we had to pay 3x $50 on departure. Things like that wind me up as it's nothing but a money grabbing exercise.
Hi guys,
The departure tax for Mexico now at $53... does this apply to Kids too???

Thanks. :que
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how much the departure tax is for Mexico, and whether or not under 2's have to pay it as well.

Many Thanks
Mazzy
The departure tax is $53, you can also pay in Peso's or Sterling. Has to be cash (no debit or credit cards)I know children have to pay, but don't know about under 2's.

Denny
Hi, has anyone come back from Mexico within the last month or so, If so how much is the departure tax, I have heard it's $53 usd but have also heard other amounts just wanted to get the rite amount (bar the exchange rate) so i can change it up and put it with my passport as i'm going soon and want to start getting sorted.

Many Thanks lovethesun04
It's a couple of years since I last visited Mexico, but wasn't the overseas departure tax included (added!) to the price of the holiday for departures after 1st May 2007 so you don't have to pay it at check-in for your return journey? I know we had to pay $50 in March 2007, but it changed from May that year from what I remember.

Darren
Dazbo, I think it depends who you fly with.? Thomas Cook don't include the tax. In Sept last year it was 53$, you can pay in Dollars or Pesos.

Denny
Thanks for the info, First Choice include the departure tax in the holiday price but Thomas cook dont. I'm going with TC so it's all seperate.

Thanks Lovethesun04
Is this price per person or per party. We travel with Thomas Cook in September with a party of 4
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.