General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
has she tried taking antihistimine tabs every day 2 weeks before her holiday this is what the dr suggested to my mother in law that gets badly bitten on every holiday and it seemed to work well, she also sprayed herself with insect repellent every day and didnt get bitten last time. if shes already tried then maybe someone might know where there are a lot less mozzies
There is already a well established topic about mozzies... here... where remedies against their bites and how they can be avoided can be found.

The original poster is asking for resorts that don't have a mozzie problem so unless this is answered I will merge this thread with the existing topic.

MarkJ HT Mod
thanks for the replies its suggestions of where to go on holidays she needs, not how not to get bitten, she is on medication and cant use numerous mozzi sprays , tablets etc. its the less likely place to get bitten she needs, thanks.
Iceland has no mosquitoes.
We have never had any problems with mosquitos in the Canary Islands - I think most places in the Canaries are too dry for mozzies, they like bushes, trees, greenery etc. Obviously some areas on the islands are green, particularly in the north of Tenerife and Gran Canaria, but if you go to the south of the islands it's pretty much like a desert.
You want a complex that has no greenery and no water so there is nowhere for the little blighters to live
she's looking at lanzarote and fuerteventura now, thanks for the replies.
Iceland definitely doesn't have mozzies, you are right! And you can also do the weekly shopping too at the same time. However, I wouldn't go topless if I were you!
Unfortunately, there are mosquitoes in Lanzarote. We were there at Easter and my daughter is still moaning about the mark left on her leg!
Seriously, you can get mozzies just about anywhere these days, even in Scandinavia. It may be a question of finding somewhere with fewer mozzies rather than none. I was serious about Iceland, by the way. You dont get them there, and theres daylight in summer almost right through the night so lots of time for sightseeing. Expensive though.
the reason she wants somewhere in the sun is that it will be her last holiday with her family, thanks for all the replies. zeusy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.