Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi Folks,

A couple of years ago I went into the foyer of the Palm Court and I was disgusted by what I saw (and smelt!). I have to say that I'd be the first to congratulate the hotel if it had cleaned up its act by now but I really can't see how folks can be posting such grossly conflicting reports.This does indicate that someone is NOT telling the truth!

Trev
Last year I visited a friend staying there. It is not an expensive hotel so do not expect 4/5 star accommodation or service.

Some of the rooms are okay and some of them worn to say the least. You get what you pay for!
Oh come on only the british think oh ill have that holidsy for 150quid and still expext to stay in a 4 star.
yes Palm court is a dump well like a hostel but what do you expect for the money Malta Bargins charges.
Hi Reet, Yes what can you expect for 150quid, well a clean room that does not smell, food that is at least edible. The first thingI did in the morning was to buy an air freshner from across the road, then I had my excercise,which was to run around in the shower to get wet. No we didn't complain, as we were on all inc we had more than our moneys worth at the bar.
Never Never Again.
Hello Lewlweis...ok granted you should expect a clean room and sheets etc.....now im not being rude but airfreshner will not clean a room just make it smell better.

I stayed there last week and i agree the food isnt good so i didnt eat there. As i said i paid 150 for aweek 'well what did i expect for that'
I tried to book flight only and that was the same price i was offered hb and thought well i might give it a try .
I supose the moral of this story is you get what you pay for.

And if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is and it was.
That said the staff were pleasent and helpful we could have had a room change or indeed a hotel change if we asked.
I was very surprised at the amount of people i talked with who had been there for 2 weeks and had no complaints........just what there homes are like is anyones guess.
I didnt hear anyone complain and no i couldnt believe it.
I worked in other more lets say upmarket hotel in malta and the complaints by the british are pathetic yes imn sorry but they are .
put them in a dump and they love it you cant win ...
lots of love i really do love Malta Reet
Soo who took my postings off????????????????????? :twisted: :evil:
AW thanks silly me.........The way i look at the palm court situation is....it really depends on what your paticular standards are....so it suits some people and not others .
Nothing wrong with that it just means people have different opinions on there stay.

Part of post in Caps deleted Briar
Yes i had a bad experience at the Palm Court 2 years ago. it was not very nice and we left after about 2 hours.

We spoke to a man who had missed his flight home as his wife was in hospital due to food poisoning. They were AI and hadn't eaten anywhere else.

Also while we were there a girl fell through the ceiling into a room below and had to go to hospital.

Our room was filthy and the bath was riddled with rust.

I would be interested to see if i had been spruced up but there are other nice and inexpensive hotels in Malta. I can recommend the Springfield in Bugibba (5mins from the Palm Court- total different world though!!!)

LimeLolly
Hi everyone i am going to malta in august and staying in the palm court hotel after reading all the bad reports i am really worried about going because i have a 1 year old son please help and give me your opinions thanx :roll:
Hi Samantha,
I'm sorry I've nothing positive to say about the Palm Court except it's cheap. Stayed there in October last year and the only thing good I can say is that the beer was A OK. I have been to Malta 16/17 times and love the island and the Maltese people. I do hope you find it okay for your needs and make the best of it as we did.
hi every1 does any1 know how far palm court hotel is away from mavina-huli hotel thanx :)
I posted a review on this holiday the day after I came home and you can read it still on this site, however I would like to add my comments to this discussion. The Palm Court is generally a disgrace, but I would return which is quite a two faced statement I know! You see I am a cheapskate and a snob at the same time - I daresay we all are a bit like that - The rooms are not dangerous or filthy, but they were below decent standards. The food probably was safe to eat, but we ate food like that in the 1970's at Butlins before we all got sophisticated and continental. I like to try new exciting dishes that I have never had before - Steak and Kindney Pie and Chips does not fall into that category. The dining room staff were not silver service, more sort of stainless steel service that had tarnished a bit - you getting the picture? The hotel was crumbly ram shackle, but at the same time has a few years in it yet! It's a cock stride from where it's all happening, but once outside I didn't want to tell people where I was staying! Those that I did tell smiled in a "nevermind" kind of way and bought me a Cisk to commiserate. One thing that is unacceptable is the pool and poolside area. The main pool is very heavy with chlorine, don't knock it for that though because that is no doubt the only thing stopping everyone who swims in there being ill. I enjoy scuba diving as a hobby I much prefer swimming underwater and when I did in the palm court I was horrified. At the bottom of the pool you can pat your hand on the base and a cloud of dirt will swells up around you. There did not seem to be any effort to clean that pool during my entire stay, thank God for filters. The rooftop pool was even worse, but I, being two faced again, prefered to go up there because it was a great sun trap and no children are allowed!! Now onto staff generally, some were nice some were not so, some made a bit of an effort, others couldn't be bothered. My arthritic father needed a low floor and they gave him the 4th one! I complained because his and my mum's room was at the back of the gents and he was constantly disturbed by flushing, urine being directed and doors locking and unlocking. I on the other hand. demanded a room change after 30 minutes next to the ladies on the ground floor that had sprung a leak 5 foot in diameter outside my room. I was told "It is not p*ss" by reception, I said "IT smells like it is" and was promtly rehoused. The leak stayed for the whole holiday and one day was given a sign saying "Out of order" for one day only, everyone ignored that and it stayed wet - enchanting. Incidentally I told the receptionist that my door was very ill fitting I told him that I could limbo underneath it and thus so could a burglar - He didn't get me! I shall be back for sure to moan and groan the whold way through it - but then again, for a little over £200 for all inclusive - dare I complain at all, when I drank that much in beer alone - Go on - go to Palm Court - relax about the whole set up chill out that's what holidays are for - at least you will have a story to tell when you get home !! :lol:
No matter how cheap i could get it for theres no way i would go to the Palm Court.Hell would have to freeze over first.
We once went to check it out during a stay in Malta and it was a disgusting smelly filth pit.I feel sorry for the cockroaches that live there.
Don't know if any improvements have been made since July 03 when we went to the Palm Court Hotel with our 1 year old, but it was a real dump then. We arrived at about 3 in the morning, given a grotty dirty room with a portable air conditioning unit, got up early next morning, had a good look round and moved to another hotel, at an extra cost. Nearly all the guests we spoke to at the second hotel had moved from Palm Court. Would never ever stay at the Palm Court again.
Me and my girlfriend booked our yearly summer holiday with malta bargains, about 3months ago to the legendry palm court!

We only paid very little for a holiday in august, so are not expecting much!

has anyone been here recently? and only good points!!!!

thanks,
brad
Hi brad ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic about Palm Court.

We also have some recent reviews available at:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/malta/qawra/palm-court-hotel/

David :wave
HI I AM BOOKED UP TO STAY AT PALM COURT HOTEL IN JULY.CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IS THE BEST FLOOR TO HAVE A ROOM ON.ARE THERE ANY VIEWS FROM BALCONY TO SEE,AND WHICH SIDE OF THE HOTEL HAS THE BEST ROOMS WITH VIEWS.
WE ARE A FAMILY OF 4.
THIS IS OUR FIRST VISIT TO MALTA.
WHAT KIND OF FOOD IS SERVED HALF BOARD AT THIS HOTEL.IS THERE A VARIED CHOICE OR IS IT TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT KIND OF THING.[/list][/code][/i]

*Edit please do not post with Caps lock on Briar
Well where do i start,here are some reviews

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/malta/qawra/palm-court-hotel/.

Never actually stayed there but visited friends and family who have.In my opinion there isnt a best floor/room to stay in/on.Its a dump that should of been knocked down years ago.Corridoors were smelly and filthy rotten.Friends bathroom was so tiny you could barely move.Bedding was thin and had holes in it.I could go on all day about how bad i thought it was.
Food wise,all i can say is the so called restaurant looked like a school canteen and friends said the food was just ok.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.