Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
palm court
95 Posts
You have the cnoice of two roasts each evening but no choice of sweets, the same ones every night.

There are two sittings at night and you are told on your first evening which sitting you are on for the rest of your holiday. It's difficult to get an empty table whenever you go.
anie,

Have a good holiday and please let us all know how things went when you return,

Trev
Being new to this site i read with interest the comments on palm court hotel, some good but most not so, i have lived in malta for several years now and generally find it much more relaxing than the u k, i would like to tell you that on several occasions i have had to re visit england i have booked a fourteen day half board package holiday at palm court and missed the malta flight in and actually saved myself twenty pounds stirling on the nearest competitors flight only price to uk. hence a free two week half board hotel holiday and return uk flight for minus twenty pounds even i a brit cant complain at that. thanks maltabargains.
agree- I've done the same - as you say, sometimes its so cheap the accommodation costs less than nothing, and you get transfers included (or at least you used to)
Interesting post re' maltabargains.com. I have often looked at their prices on-line but the flights always show as being cheaper than their hotel package. Did you phone them for your prices or book on-line?
We booked a package with Malta Bargains about 2 years ago and it cost us the grand total of £87 each for a week ,flights from Newcastle/half board at the Palm Court and transfers.
Have to admit though we only used it for the flights and transfers and went over to the Grand Hotel in Gozo for the week.(which is IMHO a fantastic hotel)
m & n sky news teletext holidays section under our leading brands, please note that the past twelve months or so seven day bookings apply.
I really can't understand why so many staying at a hotel like the Palm court which is costing them about £10 per night after deducting the cost of flight, transfers etc want to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel. What do you really expect?

There are loads of fabulous restaurants all over Malta, so why the hell don't you try them? Yo pay £200 for a 2 week holiday including flights, transfers, accomodation and even food. What hotel in the UK could offer that. You would pay that for a very average hotel just for 2 nights in the UK and that wouldn't include any transport there or any food.

For a 2 week holiday in Malta in a good hotel (without food, just breakfast) you should be looking at at least £50-£60 per night. That's £700-£850, with a flight on top. You wouldn't get close to that in the Uk during the school holiday season and you have guaranteed weather and friendlier locals in the islands of Malta.

What is it now, 17 teenagers been shot in London alone this year (still more than 4 months to go) - nice place for a holiday I don't think.

I know where i'd rather be :)
Once again I have to agree 100% with Openminded, this is getting weird it's almost like me agreeing with myself now :roll: .
quite. well said o/m if all people thought on those lines the palm court would always be full at the price, but wait it already is.
i've just got back from Qawra.

Fab place and we stayed in a really good hotel......Qawra Palace. we couldnt fault it.

anyway we did go to the Palm Court for our 'welcome' meeting.

i was shocked at the state of the place and the stink. i cant describe the smell, you have to be there to experience it yourselves.

many people upgraded out of the place( dont blame them)

the BBC's Holidays From Hell were there filming.

say's it all really!!
Our daughter and family have just arrived back from the Palm Court. They only stayed 4 days then got an apartment on Qawra front. From then on they had a fab. time.

The Palm Court is filthy, not a nice place to go to at all.
How much did your daughter and family pay to stay at the Palm Court?
I didn,t ask how much they paid, but whatever it was, you expect cleanliness.
I have been surprised at some of these recent comments, as one who has for the past two week-ends have tried to book a room at p/c or venus to lay my head cheaply after a night out and even now more or less out of season they have no rooms available, maybe these people have quite rightly refused to stay in the cleaners cupboard. :shock:
Have heard that Palm Court is going to appear on Holidays From Hell. Does anyone know when it will be screened and on what channel?
Will probably be on ITV, but as for when it's on I would guess Spring / Summer 2008.
This topic is intended for constructive discussion about the Palm Court Hotel. To try and get it back on track, dozens of posts of what can only be described as complete and utter drivel have now been removed.

Please remember that there is a Chat topic and a Chatroom for off topic discussion, although some of the content removed from this thread wouldn't even be fit for either of those places.

Please bear in mind that members and visitors use this forum in the hope of finding useful and informative holiday discussion. If they can't find it, they will go elsewhere.

Many thanks
David
HI, sorry about my part in the wayward direction the thread went but i,m sure you will agree i was well and truly provoked, I was just trying to make polite constructive conversation with a few cyber friends one of which in his infinite wisdom chose to turn on me. I thought a lot of what was wrote was very funny but as you rightly said its a holiday forum, nobody was around for a couple of days then it suddenly livened up. :lol: I think the public should be aware that hygiene issues are being sorted out at the palm court and venus hotels and their minds should be at ease for the future.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.