UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
I'm not sure if this place would be too far North for you, but we spent our 10th Wedding Anniversary at a place called Faweather Grange in Ilkley. It was aboslutely stunning! Not sure if it's exactly what you fancied, but it's log cabins with their own private outdoor hot tub, indoor sauna in the cabin, 4 poster bed, top of the range stereo and tv system, and a kitchen with dishwasher etc. The view from the cabins is outstanding and we really never wanted to come home, so peaceful. Not even cars are allowed near the cabins, you park them safely in a small carpark near the entrance. If you are interested have a look at the Hoseasons website as that is who dealt with our booking. Good luck in your search.
Hi,

Again, not sure how far you are prepared to travel, but just on outskirts of Surrey / Hampshire is Tilford Woods.
They are log cabins, and 1 of the cabins "The Cobbett" features a 4 poster, sauna & spa and an outdoor tub.
Have not been personally, but was recommended by a friend who has been twice.
http://www.tilfordwoods.co.uk

Good luck with your search
Hi, we also booked with Hoseasons for our anniversary last year. We went to Spring Wood Lodges in Summerbridge, its near Harrogate. We stayed for 3 nights in the Sneugle lodge and it was pure luxury. Outdoor hot tub, indoor sauna, 4 poster bed, chocs and wine on arrival, overlooking lovely countryside, it was heaven!! We originally planned lots of long walks, but we hardly left the hot tub, hubby wants one in the garden now!! Highly recommeded. Hope this helps. Julie.
there is a nice place near Wroxham (by the broads) which you can book thru Hoseasons

HERE

*Edit to shorten link stretching page Briar
Hi All,

I am looking to take mt partner away for our 4 year anniversary. I have read of these really romantic lodges with their own hot tub. Is there anywhere in surrey/berkshire/middlesex which would fit my requirements. I dont mind driving a little bit further. I think the important thing would be a hot tub :)
Please can I get some Ideas

Thanks Andy
Hi Andy,
have a look at the hoseasons website, http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/holidays/ukcottages/holiday_cottages.html they have quiet a few country cottages with hot tubs, four poster beds etc.

they have a search page that allows you to search for specific requirements (Like a hot tub) & it will list all available properties.

good luck!!
Hello all, going to ask my partner to marry me around December/January time as a surprise and want to take her somewhere romantic to do it. I like the idea of a log cabin in the woods with a hot tub and the rest but would like any other ideas please.

Thanks

John
My choice would be The Witchery By The Castle in Edinburgh. It's a beautiful old building with a gorgeous, really intimate restaurant and the most romantic old gothic bedrooms with roll top bath, four posters, etc - http://www.thewitchery.com
Or look at Koala Cottage in Godshill on the Isle of Wight - designed purely for romantic couples!!!

http://www.koalacottage.co.uk/
Tilford Woods in Surrey.

http://www.tilfordwoods.co.uk

Try The Cobbett Lodge...............highly romantic. Log cabin with outdoor hot tub, 4 poster bed and indoor sauna etc.

Have not been personally, but one of my friends has been on several occassions.
(With different people if i may be so bold to add) lol :D

Enjoy
Thanks guys, these are just the sort of places I have in mind. :wink:
Don't forget to let us know what the answer is !!!!!!

If you are going all out to be romantic, ask wherever you decide to stay to help make it MORE special. I work in a hotel and we have had many requests from guys to help a proposal work it's magic.
We have filled a room with dozens of yellow roses, lit 1000's of tealights in the bedroom and bathroom, trailed rose petals from the lobby right into the hotel room, and the list goes on.

Enjoy .......
Thanks for all your ideas guys, have just booked at http://www.griffonforest.co.uk/home.html in a Poachers lodge. I did look at all your special places but we both love the North York Moors and surrounding area so hopefully I have made the right decision (and she will say YES!)

Thanks again guys

John
Hi John, are you going to Griffon Lodge before the 15th Dec? Thats when me and my hubby are going, so if you are going after me I will let you know what it is like and give you any tips on romantic places to go to while you are there. We are staying in a Poachers Lodge as well.

Hope it goes well for you and that she says yes.

Sally
Hi Sally , we are going 12th Jan for the weekend. Tips on nice places would be great, and to know what its like, thanks. I have dropped a bit of a hint about the big question so it should all go well!!!

Hope you have a great time, let me know

John
totally agree with marcuschap72

we have stayed twice at the witchery last year in the old rectory and the year before in the library suite. beautiful,romantic hotel-expensive but worth it for that extra special occasion and wow factor!
wow looks perfect-enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont forget to let us know the answer!
Thanks, Will let you know, sure it will be YES! the ring has just arrived aswell!

Cheers

John
Thank you ever so much for recommending Griffon Forest. It looks fab and we are now planning to go in June - just waiting for the brochure to arrive. Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.