UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Thanks Corrine - have also read your review and have just booked a lodge for the weekend 7th December. Really pleasant people to deal with as well - am sure have made the right choice! Really looking forward to it now!
Hello my husband is 40 in July and i would like to take him away somewhere in the uk, i am looking for some ideas. Does any one know off some nice romantic hotels, we live in Surrey so happy to travel to Bath, New Forest and Cotswolds.
Many thanks
Merged with existing similar topic which may have some ideas.

luci :wave
Couple of places DH and I have spent romantic weekends:

Lynmouth in North Devon. We stayed at The Rising Sun - an old smugglers' inn. Really cosy, lovely rooms, great views of the harbour. Very nice food. There is a website for the hotel/pub.

We also had a lovely break at the Tregildry Hotel near Falmouth in Cornwall. No website that I can find. Lovely sea views and great food.

K-West in Shepherds Bush is a great hotel too - fab rooms. A superb Moroccan restaurant just up the road. DH and I had a fab break there a couple of years ago.
Been a while I know, but I'd just like to add what a wonderful place Griffon Forest was/is. It was definately the best location, and surpassed all expectations. If you're wanting a romantic getaway then this is definately the place. We went for the long weekend break (3 nights, Fri to Mon) but immeditaley upon our return we booked again for the end of this year for a full week.
Somewhere in the south west may not be too far for you, like Holne Chase Hotel or Best Western Shrubbery? I have friends that have been to both of those establishments and as a guest, they seemed the best you can get for the region!
Got two good places:

The Rock House Hotel in Lynmouth, right on the mouth of the river estuary into the sea (went May 2007, lovely place and very quiet). Can't remember the prices, but very very reasonable.

The Kallacliff Hotel in Newquay is the other - overlooks Lusty Glaze beach, prices are Superior Room (which is sea facing with a balcony, only one of these rooms) £40 pppn inc breakfast, sea view room is £37 pppn inc breakfast and a normal room is £33 pppn inc breakfast (these are high season prices). They have their own website - http://www.kallacliffhotel.co.uk.

Can highly recommend both of these.
It might seem an obvious choice considering you live in Berkshire but have you tried Radisson Edwardian? From looking at the photos it seems ideal for what you want.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.