Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Julian, we have just returned. As far as prices go, we found food and drink had gone up slightly but don't know if this was because it was Xmas/New Year. Nothing to worry about though. Our taxi driver still charges us the same as he did 10 years ago, don't know about the rest of them.
Hi Julian - Pretty sure Bobby's shack is still there and as Brenliz says because the pound is going down the pan, things are a little more expensive but not enough to worry about.

Visas are coming though pretty quickly now. My friends took less than a week. There are few bigger critics of Monarch than me but hey - it's only a flight! Just put your brain in neutral at the airport and re-engage it coming down those steps at Dabolim!

Get it booked! :tup
Quite agree with Roma, Monarch is a means to an end - not necessarily the most comfy of travel but they get you there. As for prices yes, some increases but if you browse through the threads there are lots of tips about cheaper places to eat/drink so you can still get good quality and keep within your chosen budget.There are also tips about reliable taxi drivers who won't "rip you off" - Go on, book up and have a great holiday. Fizz
Thanks for the replies...... maybe?!?
hi julian
like you we went for the first time last feb.it took me a while to settle,so feel we really missed out on a lot,so were off again on the 12th from gatwick.go for it.
If you have to do a Monarch flight and its a Bahrain stopover as well;

take advantage of the duty free "Its not a problem its an opportunity"

GM06
Ian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.