Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi Chris,

Personally I wouldn't advocate going AI to Tunisia - people are often disappointed and I'm not sure that you get your money's worth (particularly in the case of alcohol if that's part of your thinking for wanting A/I) :cheers The prices you've quoted seem quite high for that time of year (nearing the end of season), I'd try booking flights separately (Thomsonfly are usually good) and booking accomodation with an online agent such as INVALID URL Freedom Direct etc. you may possibly find that it works out cheaper. Port El Kantaoui is a useful 'introduction' to Tunisia as it's geared towards tourists and the majority of hotels are of a good standard. You can choose to undertake the usual sightseeing trips from there and visit surrounding areas e.g. Sousse. The Marhaba Palace and Kanta are both popular with British tourists, as are the Royal Kenz (though no under 16s) and the Imperial Marhaba. My preference is the El Mouradi Palace (bookable at reduced rates with INVALID URL

Hope that's helpful, I'm sure others will have different suggestions for you.... :tup
we went to abou sofiane all inc last month in PEK and were pleasantly surprised, food and drink were good. i had free cocktails, mulled wine which was lovely, got a real good price and we were looking for oct to return but noticed the prices have gone up a lot which considering it was out of school holidays was more than what we expected to pay, in jan we paid £660 for 3 of us , this is over £1000 now so big difference, im going to keep an eye on prices and may do a DIY,
Price sounds about right to me, depening on accomodation, we have been all inc for the past two years and to the same hotel, for 6 of us we paid 1886, and for this year for 4 1636 this is in 3 star dar khayam.if going for a higher grade hotel you will pay more.
we had the most awful holiday in dar khayam , so i would not recommend that, ending up going to a solicitor it was so bad, but i suppose it might have improved over the last 3 years !!!
That's the problem Ellie: some hotels which have had bad reviews manage to get their act together and improve out of all recognition, whereas others deteriorate badly, in both cases this can be due to a change of management or staff. Recent review of the Dar Khayam on here are excellent. You might like to consider the Marhaba Beach in Sousse. I stayed there last October and it was very good, with an excellent choice of food and friendly and helpful staff.
Thie year will be our third at dar k, :sun2 and you pay for what you get, :cry prices are cheaper, but we find the rooms are fine, ;) food is good, and staff very friendly and helpful, not to mention the lovely beach and gardens, they also have the water slides now which are great for the children, :tup I am quite fussy on where we stay and owning a 4 star property in England tends to make me more so, Dar is 3 star and little things like lack of loo roll dont spoil our hols, ideal place with children, but if it was just husband and me, would probably go somewhere else as hotel is very family friendly. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.