Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Would you not have been better to cancel the trip on your travel insurance and then rebook.
We have just come back from a holiday in Spain booked through Love Holidays. Their customer service is non existent and I never got answers about my holiday when I e mailed them. They were very quick at taking my payments though!
My flight was with Ryanair who have a strict boarding pass policy, you must check in online and print your pass. Love Holidays said they did this for me and would e mail my boarding passes. I got the outward ones but not the inbound. I spent my whole holiday e mailing them to ask for them. The only reply I got was to tell me the return ones were with the outward ones. They resent them and their was only 2 pages, one for me one for my husband. Consequently we turned up at the airport without them and spent a very distressing time trying to communicate with the staff as to what had happened. Eventually they printed our passes but charged us 30 euros.
Today, the day after we travelled they sent them! Beggars belief. I have given them 24 hours to explain themselves then I am going to the press with my story, I think they will love this, useless, incompetent, unprofessional shambles of a company, never again!
I recently booked a holiday for myself, husband and two young sons. This holiday is very important to us after not holidaying for two years. I spent hours and hours searching for the right holiday. I am so disappointed and frustrated after finally finding and booking what appeared to be the perfect holiday .....it was in fact not what we thought.. facilities listed on the love holidays website were in fact incorrect. On realising this I sent a cancellation email 2hours post booking. Two weeks later and we have been on hold for over 3 hours with no one responding to emails. We finally received one email explaining that to cancel the holiday it would cost us £1100 with no other offer or alternative solutions. This is really unacceptable bearing in mind facilities were advertised incorrectly. I do not recommend this company to anyone!!
We were advised on our paperwork to check on line for the pick up time for our collection from El Tope Hotel, if unable to do that, to ring this tel number 24 hours prior to departure, we did this, no answer, when we read the greyed out print underneath it showed that the office closed at 1pm on Saturdays and were closed all day Sunday??? this was Friday and we go home tomorrow, no matter, there is another number to ring for 'a customer care team that would be only too glad to help'. all I could get out of him. was go and check on line, and 'I haven't got time, when I became more insistent he should help me, he hung up.customer care my ****, what a joke. I think he only knew those 2 phrases in English, we were in a foreign country, we did not speak the language, we were stuck, and Love Holidays were uncontactable. in the end we paid a hotel receptionist to go online for us, we must have spent over an hour on this problem and to us, it felt quite traumatic, something that should have been simple spoilt the end of our holiday. LVE-139402
I recently booked 7 nights in the hotel lion borovets advertised through trip advisor. following the link through to love holidays. Upon purchase this had changed to the hotel lion in sofia. Explaining this to love holidays they were absolutely no help and pushed the blame on to trip advisor. They saw no obligation to correct the issue and admitted they had "had problems with a previous customer". Subsequently I was entitled to no refund what so ever! Having suggested they do something about this this time as clearly nothing had been done before, they suggested it was entirely my fault. Thank you for nothing!! I will never be dealing with you again.
Not sure what you expected - as far as LH are concerned, you booked a hotel, which they accepted. Then you call them & say it's the wrong hotel; how are they to know what you thought you were booking? I'm not defending them, just trying to show the other side, but that's the problem with booking online - once you hit "enter", you're committed. Sorry.
I have booked a holiday with Love holiday and you gave me a 'booking request' confirmation. This was followed by a confirmation outbound by Norwegian but 7 days later I have no inbound confirmation and no hotel confirmation. In fact nothing from you when you said it would be 74 hours - what is going on??

Martin McHugh
your ref: 1611LDUT9AX9
My wife just tried to book a holiday with Love Holidays.
We received the "Holiday Request Confirmation" email in due course and awaited confirmation. After chasing confirmation they send us an email to say they cant book the holiday we wanted as the accomodation is double booked - my wife - who hasnt read this page of awful reviews, told them she didnt want to proceed any further and requested the deposit back.
The agent then proceeds to confirm the deposit amount to be returned as THE FULL VALUE OF THE HOLIDAY - what the f@@ck! I now await tommorow in order to check our credit card balance. I am appauled as at no point was my wife aware that the full balance had been taken. After reading these review we wont touch them with a bargepole. Misleading and non transparency regarding the booking process is not acceptable - stick with the well know suppliers!
If you paid by credit card and it's over £100 then have a chat with your credit card provider as they may be able to help you.
cc
Yes we have. We've had a refund confirmation email from LH but the amount is 70 short of the credit card total. Cowboys
Still speak to cc provider you've nothing to loose but the cost of the call. Another option you could try is citizen advice bureau. I can't understand how they can keep any money at all when they couldn't provide the requested accommodation.
I booked and paid for a holiday to Marrakesh for my family. The confirmation documents that arrived had a paragraph of utter unintelligible nonsense that seemed to be referring to whether the ON SITE AQUA PARK would be open during our stay or not. The on site aqua park was the only reason for booking this holiday. Also I found out from reviews of the hotel that many people had been lied to and miss-sold information by Love Holidays about the restaurants available in the hotel. Considering it is a FULL BOARD ONLY option if you want access to the aqua park, the restaurant facilities - or lack of them - is a major issue.I used their website contact form immediately to raise my concerns with Love Holidays customer services. I waited for a few days and got no response at all. With less than 3 weeks to my departure date I was getting very anxious so I called their team and spoke to them. I explained that the documents they had sent were nonsense and the guy read the document and agreed it was nonesense - meaningless garbage. He could not interpret what it was supposed to mean and he agreed it was not clear whether the aqua park would be open or not. I also asked about the restaurants and I explained that my son has a special diet under Great Ormond Street Hospital so I wanted to know if there was a fridge in the room to store his medical supplies in. I explained how worrying and frustrating it was to receive nonesense paperwork and then to be completely ignored for days when I sent an email to them about this. He agreed. I pointed out that I need to know URGENTLY if the aqua park was open and whether the information about having 3 restaurants was TRUE or FALSE as many reviewers had claimed. He agreed to find out and get back to me.That was over 6 days ago!!!!! I have heard nothing - still no response to my original email and no response from the person I spoke to on the phone. It is now 7 days before my flight leaves and so I called them again today. The lady who I spoke to was not able to help me at all - she sort of did her best BUT if what she told me is true then this company have an extremely poor and dysfunctional Admin process and absurdly useless internal procedures - leaving her with no option to help me in any way. So EITHER she was bring difficult OR this company has the worst customer service procedures imaginable.She told me that there was nothing that she could do - that love holidays have no way of contacting the supplier of this accommodation other than by email and that an email was sent to the supplier a week ago but no response has been received.She told me that it is COMPMETELY IMPOSSIBLE for me to speak to a manager, supervisor or director about this - in fact she was UNABLE TO TRANSFER ME TO ANYINE ELSE - I could only speak to her.I asked repeatedly to speak to the complaints department or a manager or supervisor or team leader and she refused point blank - she said the ONLY OPTION I had was to send an email to the complaints team. I pointed out that the last email I sent was COMPLETELY IGNORED so I had no confidence in that process and my flight leaves in 7 days. She said there was no other option open to her - that is how they operate and there is nothing that she or I can do - literally the ONLY OPTION I have is to speak with her and her only on the phone or send an email to the complaints team - the same people that ignored my first email.I explained to her that I felt this was terrible and, if forced to, I would have no option but to get the home addresses of the directors and shareholders of Love Holidays from Companies House, and write to them, at home, with details of this fiasco and give them a recording of this phone call so they can see for themselves how terribly their customer service procedure is. She still refused to transfer me to anyone or do anything - she confirmed again that my ONLY OPTION was to send an email and wait.She continually kept interrupting me while I was speaking even though I asked her not to and I pointed out to her that I was letting her speak without interrupting so please would she let me speak without interrupting - but she continued to interrupt and just speak over me.I have travelled all over the world and lived in various countries on several continents and I have never come up against such intransigence and compete lack of common sense - this is by far the worst approach to customer service I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. Utterly obtuse, complete ineffective and totally useless.If you fancy a laugh then here is the paragraph from the confirmation documents I received - it is cut and paste exactly from the .pdf attachment received from Love Holidays - see if you can decipher what it means because nobody else can :"..... Eden Aquapark in open from 01 avril 2016 au 31 octobre 2016 and exceptionnaly for this year in open until 21 november 2015 free of charge. Until 31/10/16 The Eden Aquapark is paying for half board (1 breakfast + 1 dinner + drinks table). Only customers opting for the All Inclusive (1 breakfast + 1 lunch + 1 + 1 tasting dinner + unlimited drinks from 10:00 to 23:00) will have free access......" So I have no option but to email them - again with the same questions and I am in the process of getting the names and addresses of the directors and shareholders from companies house so I can let them know what an attricious shambles they are presiding over.I will also send copies of a this to watchdog, ABTA, Trip Advisor and any other such service.DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY - THEY COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT YOU OR YOUR NEEDS AND CONCERNS AND THEY COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT THE GREAT ORMOND STREET HOSPITAL SPECIAL MEDICAL NEEDS OF MY SON .THEY SEND OUT MEANINGLESS NONESENSE IN WRITING AND THEN FAIL TO CLARIFY IT. THEY DO NOT DESERVE YOUR MONEY - SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH A COMPANY THAT HAS A GENUINE INTEREST IN PROVIDING ACCURATE INFORMATION AND ASSISTING CUSTOMERS.
I think your problem is a common with on-line travel agencies in that they will have probably booked your hotel through a middleman rather than direct with the hotel and the T&Cs of most on-line agencies make it clear that your contract is with that middleman not Love Holidays. I hope that you get this resolved but have you tried contacting the hotel directly re fridge facilities? Many will rent you one for a nominal fee even if they don't come as standard.
awful, awful,awful, avoid like the plague. bought the holiday and 3 days later got an email to say the would have to put the price up from 550 pounds for 2 to 800 pounds stating the online price was wrong even though it was showed as such for weeks beforehand. if they now try to charge me to cancel i will be bk for a rant for sure...:angel
I was recently looking for my friend a holiday & this company came up with, a "too good to be true" price in my eyes 😉. A quick Google revealed lots of complaints so I backed off.
Me and my husband have booked holidays in Madrid for 09/04/2017 - 13/04/2017. But unfortunately, the confirmation has been sent for 09/07/2017 - 13/07/2017. Three months later!!!! I have contacted love holidays.com, but they say said that until Monday, there is no one in the office today (Saturday), so the investigation can be started only coming Monday. Anyway, we have proof that we placed the booking for April, and we will take further action against the company "We Love Holidays Ltd". Under the consumer rights.
Hi AnaA good luck & please let us know how you get on.
AnaA

I also booked a holiday with love holidays from the 8th of April to the 15th. I did not check my confirmation straight away when I did I noticed that the dates were for the 8th to the 15th of July 2017 three months later!!!!. I phoned love holidays and the said that there is noting they can do. As I have paid them £1200.00 full payment as I was going on the 8th of April not july. I have emailed a copy of your email to my credit card provider so I may get my money back.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.