Travel operator: first choice
Overall, we couldn't have done much better than picking this hotel for our vacation. Quite lucky since this was our first time in GS.
It was very clean, staff were mostly attentive, pleasant and responsive.
- Had to be up really early to get towels down onto sunbeds, despite warning notices suggesting that "reserving" sunbeds was prohibited, and towels would be removed by staff. Staff don't actually enforce this, therefore you are forced to play the same game as everyone else.
- Would have liked a better stocked in-house supermarket than the one they have, particularly since we were self-catering. They don't sell bacon, eggs etc for breakfast. There are other supermarkets in the GS resort, so this is not a huge issue.
- Although we had booked a pool view room with our tour operator, we were allocated a room with a view of the car-park (despite the hotel manifest confirming a pool-view booking). Had to push pretty hard to have this changed (after being rebuffed a couple of times), which didn't leave me with the best first impression.
- Location is OK, only a short (5min) walk down to the beach), but there are many steps on route.
- Not much entertainment to speak off, but it didn't really bother us, since most evenings were spent on the beach-front restaurants - and they all have varying degrees of entertainment.
- Quickly forgot about all the above, and ended up having a great time.
- Cleaners are very friendly and the kids marvelled at their towel-origami skills
- Very quiet, since there is no through road across the hotel, and therefore no through-traffic.
- That said, still close enough to be near the beach and the restaurants. You don't realise how good the location of this hotel is, until you take a trip on the 'Noddy Train' around the GS resort, and see how far up the hill many other hotels are located.
Travel operator: First Choice
3 minutes walk down some steps to the beach,very central.
Staff very friendly, Tanya in the hotel bar really nice. Cleaners in daily..amazing what arrangements they can make with the towels.
Travel operator: Top Flight
The maid was fantastic & very patient with the younger lazier members of our family, towel arrangements were fantastic.
Pool was ok but very deep for children & the kids pool was too shallow for kids older than toddlers, also the pool area was never cleaned once in the two weeks we stayed & started to smell a bit at times.
Food was very repetative I could always find something to eat but the rest of the family would only eat the desserts these are great.....so we ate out most of the time.
The steps down from one part of the hotel to the pool are deadly if wet one Lady slipped & got knocked out when we were there.
Location is fantastic really close to the beach & in a quiet area of GS.
Travel operator: Balken
Travel operator: Thomson
The location is brilliant as its close enough for a 5 min stroll to the beach and in the same time it is in an area which is bustle free.
This was my 6th time in Golden Sands and I would say that these apartments are the best I have stayed in.The pool is massive and the food is great.
Travel operator: Balkan Holidays
The cleaners were great, leaving a different arrangement of the towels each day, which was entertaining. Any of the staff that we asked information of were helpful. I was quite happy that there was no entertainment in the apartments, although there was the bar which extended outside by the pool, we sat there and drank with friends without having to compete with any singers.
Travel operator: Balkan holidays
We stayed in a one bedroomed although a studio probably would have been fine. There isn't entertainment but having been to Bulgaria before I already knew that this was normal.
As the location is brilliant making your own entertainment isn't difficult the only reason I didnt rate the location as a 5 is there are some steps to the beach.
Travel operator: balkan holidays
Hotel and rooms where spotless, staff very friendly, a maid in daily.
Minibar same price as hotel bar, cheap, beer
Travel operator: balkan holidays
The hotel staff came to greet us and show us to reception, after checking in the staff kindly took our luggage to the rooms while we all enjoyed a drink at the bar, and a potter around the pool area, what a lovely sight at 4am in the morning, time to check out the rooms, very spacious, very clean, and a fantastic view from the balcony.
The rooms were cleaned every day, the staff could not do enough for you, and the hotel was just in the right location, down a few steps to the sea front.
Travel operator: thomas cook
Ask a Question
Got a question? Ask our community of over 1.5 million users.