Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Have spoken quickly to Fc today, there is no man made beach and also there are seven restaurants as stated, however 4 of them are within the commercial complex adjoining the holiday village and not directly on site, and it seems that if you choose to eat in these you will have to pay as the letter says you will be given exclusive discount card to be used within the commercial complex. There are three restaurants within the holiday village, two of which are a la carte and you will only be able to visit each a la carte once per week. My local travel agent is now looking into it.
I found out the time i was getting married through the wedding team. Apparently they have two weddings per day, one early and one late (cooler parts of the day). I am happy with my time as my two children can have a play in the day then the wedding will take us into the night. I have been given approx prices for venue,marrige certificate, registra fees etc which comes to roughly £1000. Then obviously your photos and anything else you want on top of that. My friend has just rang to say she has just received her ERRATa letter, seems I am one of the first to receive it.
Hi 1443 williams can I just ask, are you all inclusive? I am trying to stay positive about the aliathon being ready in time but I assumed from the brochure that there are 7 restaurants which if you are all inclusive you can eat at any time (not just once a week!), :really starting to get a bit more worried now.
I have now re read brochure, yes I can see that only all inclusive is only at the 3 restaurants but will phone fc re only eating at two of them once a week :que
FC confirmed only all inclusive in the one buffet restaurant and you get to eat in the a la carte restaurants once a week and that although the all inclusive is only for the buffet restaurant we do get discounts in the other restaurants. He informed me that there is an indoor pool but it is adult only. He did say that it would be ready for the opening.
Sarahhibell I can understand why you have cancelled, I have spoken to FC a few times today and they have offered us a full refund due to the changes from what has been advertised in the brochure, it seems a letter was sent out about the restaurants not being ready and not included in the all inclusive etc but we never received it, also they have said some of the accomodation cannot be guaranteed due to changes....we are having a serious think about it now. Enjoy your holiday by the way.
I'm sticking with it, I still think it'll be a fantastic resort, the price we all paid when we booked has risen massively, if we cancel then FC will make more money by booking families in at the higher rate so it won't bother them, no wonder they're waiving the admin fees for cancellations! There are only 127 rooms - do we really need 7 restaurants on site? If we do then we can pay to eat out with the hundreds and hundreds of pounds that we saved by booking early. So far, none of the changes have been huge, there is every sign that it'll be finished on time and it'll be fab! Be brave!
Must admit Caspar you are probably right. I kick myself for not booking earlier as we only booked 11 months before date of departure (didn't book until last October) and the cost was just over 4 grand (2 weeeks from Gatwick all inclusive deluxe room) just checked again and its still just over 4 grand so unfortunately no savings for us. Guess one restaurant all inclusive (the other one once a week granted) better than none so agree who needs 7!! enjoy :sun2
Hi iv been to every holiday village other than egypt and every holiday village offers several restaurants and iv never spent a great deal of money but looking at this ill need my bank card and im going al inclusiveit dont look good :que
Hi everyone, Im sorry if the details of the letter i quoted have got some of you worried. I was annoyed myself as I feel im paying a lot for this holiday and with it being my wedding and family coming on my recommendation im feeling the pressure slightly. I was more disappointed re the man made beach as it would have made life a little easier for me as my oldest loves the sand but the little just wants to eat it, so it would have been a lot easier than going to the beach. I have never gone all inclusive before so I dont know what to expect re the restaurants but im not worried so much about the one buffet restaurant as long as the food is nice and there is plenty of selection. Im sure once we are there we'll all have a nice time.
I am the same as you williams under pressure because im taking family with me. I have'nt received ant letters yet and i think when i do thats when i need to give it some thought.Just feel a bit guttered. :cry
Hi again can anybody help me, looking back at past conversations between other people I can see someone mentions 'duplex' room, is that the deluxe room as i only thought there was the standard, deluxe, superior then the kids den etc. I have booked a superior room (a treat as we are getting married) thinking it was the best, and that it was in the fishing village, is this not the case?

Did you say Ellsbells that they have their own reception room? Do you know any more about it? Im struggling at the moment because i have got these ideas of what i want re wedding but dont know whats available or whats possible. How about you?
Michelle
Hi williams i never intended using the reception room. The Wedding co-ordinator i am using is going to show us around at some wedding reception venues in paphos were they charge per head and it isnt really that expensive just seemed like a better option at time. You should take a look at their website its been totally hassle free for me. My next door neighbours got married with them last year.Just incase the web address is http://www.ido.com.cy :tup
Hi, the more i look at this letter from fc the more i feel im getting ripped off, 1st the driving range, 2nd not all the restaurants are al-inclusive, 3rdly no man made beach, as anyone spoke to fc recarding compensation or a different holiday??? :shrug
Im sure someone said in the conversation earlier that they have been given a full refund and swapped to HV Turkey. Some have also swapped their holiday and not been charged any admin fee's. As for any compensation i don't think we have any chance.
Thanks Ellsbells I will take a look at that.
Gina when i contacted FC re errata letter and explained I wasnt happy, I was told 'we are not offering any form of compensation, however you can cancel if you wish to do so and you'll receive a full refund'. I was gutted as I wasn't really looking for compensation, and as its my wedding and family are coming its not so easy for me just to cancel either. What I was looking for was some kind of reassurance.
I think the last thing anyone wants is to have to cancel their holiday i have been to one of the other holiday villages and is was fantastic and to change it now i would be gutterred. Like you i am just after some reasurance maybe when they show the new photos things will change.
I agree, I don't actually want to cancel either, just reassurance and its worrying that they aren't reassuring us??? :( I can understand they don't want to make promises they can't keep so I am just living in hope at the moment..... is anyone going in May?
Yes, im going on the 28th of may self catering with my family. I really hope its finished and will post a full review when i return. Im not too worried about some things not being there just aslong as theres no building work. In desperate need of a good relaxing holiday :) Anyone else going in may?
I remember hearing it opens 25th May and will look forward your review. enjoy :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.