Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
we paid £2700 for 2 adults + 2 kids going from Stansted on 13th of August for 2 weeks...'cheap as chips' as a certain orange skinned older gent says ! :tup
We paid £2200 for 2 adults and 2 kids, we go 5th oct for 2 weeks is there anyone else going then or do we have the beach all to ourselves :rofl :sun2
Hi

We have booked for 18th May for two weeks our lad will be 13 and we got a free child place but booked June last year, we chose here over mexico as you got free child upto 13 rather than 12, but they do go quickley
Getting a bit worried now about it being ready in time, we had booked for the HV Turkey 2 years ago and ended up changing to HV Viva in Majorca as we got that many changes, but had a fab holiday so hope this ones as nice
fingers crossed
Must admit that sounds a bit worrying, does anyone know when it is due to be completed? it doesn't appear to mention it on the website :que
HI didnt someone mention last week that they had spoke to the hotel through e-mail and they said all was completed and that the pictures of the fishing village are due to be released this month. I have been checking each day but there is nothing so far. :que
Never ever believe anything you hear from either FC or Hotel, we were meant to be going to Kos Aqua Beach Club, that was never built in time (it even appeared on TV programme). My friend is booked to go to Aliathon village this June and is a bit worried atm after what we went through last time.
Is anyone booked to go early May? We will all be holding our breath waiting for the first reviews to come in.
My friend had a letter from FC today offering her a full refund or replacement holiday when she called them their excuse was "because a couple of the things wont be ready" now read into this what you want but from personal experience myself and my friend with FC new holiday villages this is not good news!!!! she has now changed holidays she had only paid a deposit anyway and with this they have used the money to pay for flights to Kos, and also FC had footed the extra £300 her flights have cost - again worrying that for something so trival as a few things not ready they have given her £300 towards flights. She has now booked through Holiday Nights to go all inclusive to the Luca resort in Kos.

If I was in your position right now, I would get on that phone.
Hi when was your friend meant to be going?? :cry this is like kos all over again
Hi GillG if i were you i would phone fc and ask whats been going on and demand answers as i was put through this a couple of years ago going to kos that just didnt happen fc kept everyone hanging to the last minute
I have spoken to First Choice customer services this afternoon and they said that the only things that will not be completed by May is the bowling green and the driving range oh and flight time changes. They said that pictures of the completed fishing village will be available to view on the website by the end of the month.
Thanks ellsbells was thinking of phoning myself. Will keep checking for the new photos. :tup
My friend was booked to go on 29th June from Stansted. Maybe she has received a letter because of the past FC cock ups she has had to endure.
Hello there! We have booked to go to the Aliathon in sept! I have also contacted the guys there and they have reasured me that the village works will be completed by may, which is when it officially becomes a holiday village! So i hope this helps anyone who is getting worried ;) We are getting married there too so you can imajine how worried i was!!!! They are sending me some pics in may/april of the fishing village and i will put them up on here also for you all. Anyone going out early september?

Louise x x
Were getting married in July staying at the aliathon although we decided to go to the Town Hall. :)
Oh wow!! Congrats! You can tell me all about it then! ;) I think the holiday village looks lovely, we are having a gazebo on the grounds!! Your not worried at all about it being finished? I think it will be fine (she says fingers crossed)!!

Lou x x
Not worried that much as long as it not a building site still.Hope not :cry
I can't wait to see the photo's and hear the reviews, I am staying positive :)
Good to hear about the weddings, love a good wedding! are you ready Ellsbells? :cheers
Wedding is almost paid for and i bought my dress last week waiting to go back for fitting :tup .
Getting pretty excited and nervous.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.