Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I was wanting to go self catering as i like to eat at lots of different restaurants.
Whenever I have been self-catering we have spent between £1000 and £1500 as a family of 4. I have read some reviews of the Aliathon holiday village as it is now and reports say that there are lovely restaurants in the surrounding area but it can get expensive when eating out every night, one person on trip advisor said they spent 3000 euro in 2 weeks between 2 of them. All inclusive does usually offer good value for money and then you could have the odd meal out if you fancied it.
thats exactly what we do, go All Inc but maybe have the odd meal out during the 2nd week to break the routine. Weve payed £2700 for 2 adults 2 kids for All Inc which is very good. Eating out in Paphos is quite expensive, not much cheaper, if any, than eating out here.
I've booked the Holiday Village in The Dominican for next year and I'm seriously considering changing it to this one, the reviews that are coming back arn't making me feel too excited about going.

We're going to Cyprus on Wednesday to Protaras and don't normally go back to the same place but I suppose it will be different because its on a differnt side of the island isn't it ???
I've just done it - I've changed to The Aliathon :D

I had a good price of £2390 for 2 adults 2 children in a deluxe family duplex leaving on 28th May for 2 weeks All Inclusive.
We were lucky enough to get a free child place with it because most of the other dates I'd looked at only had them available for self catering.
We normaly prefer SC because we like to try different restaurants but for this price we might aswell take advantage and still eat out when we feel like it too.

Does anyone know what the splash park is going to have in it ?
Is it one of those with the water fountains and sprays the children can run in and out of ?
We went to the HV Viva in Mallorca last year (2006) and loved it.

Looking to book this for 2008 but as has been stated there are no free child places on any of the websites at the moment and it's coming out at £3300 for two adults and two kids (5&7) leaving the 13th of July from Manchester
I'm getting it for £3127, thats 2 adults & 2 children same dates and Airport, All Inclusive and thats with Eclipse.
It is quite steep isn't it - Is there no way you could change the dates and try for a free child place ?

I don't think the Holiday Villages can be beaten when you've got kids. We've been to The Sun Tropical in Lanzarote and The Pegasus Palace in Turkey and had a fantastic time at both.
Theres always something going on for our boys (6 & 4) and if they're happy then it makes our holiday alot much more enjoyable.
Hi

I'm already a holiday village convert having holidayed at them 3 times already (including this year). I am now wanting to come to this cypriot one, but I have a dilema and would apprecited any advice from fellow travellers.

Should i book superior existing accomodation -thereby ruling out the risk of unfinished rooms and already having very satisfactory reviews?

Or risk a dulex duplex in the new section which will be fab but runs the risk of having the probs of not being finished/bomb site etc etc

A rep on holiday last year said he would give me two tips" always pay for extra legroom on long haul and NEVER book anything the year it opens"

mmmmm dont know what to do
Quirkygirl :)

I thought the very same thing myself as I wanted a family duplexe in the fishing village because it looks like it will be lovely.

I think it all depends on when you plan to go.
We've booked it for May and would never have booked a new build for the first few months of opening but they are selling The Aliathon as a First Choice Holiday Village from November this year, so that gives it a full 7 months to get any teething problems out of the way (God knows they should have learned from their mistakes in the past).

Personaly I wouldn't book any fishing village rooms before the Easter holidays but hopefully anything after that should be OK, and as you say the superior accomodation already has good reviews.

Which of the other villages have you been to, and when do you plan to go to this one ?
Hi Alex

I've been to the Costa del sol one and have been to the Majorcan on last year and will be returning this summer.

I've just been on the Eclipse website and it says the at the new fishing village area is only available for stays april 08 onwards, dont now if thats a bit tight date wise for me as we are going end of June (only 12 weeks after they become available) and i have watched the other villages struggle with standards within their first few months on the forum before. I think i'll email the hotel direct for a completion of works schedule. i let you know what they say :D
I'm surprised at the holiday rep saying never to book a property within its first year of opening. I always do, the main reason being that it is so much cheaper - we holidayed in a new hotel in Portugal last time and when I price the same dates for this year it is a £1000 more so I always feel i'm getting a bargain. Also, there's nothing to lose! It's either all brand spanking new and clean or its not finished and the holiday company move you somewhere else. This strategy has always worked for me! Have I just been lucky?
if it were me i would book what is already there.......

twice we have booked the holiday villages hotels and twice had it cancelled by first choice, both holidays were for july...........

if you book the superior rooms as we have done you know they are built and you have a secure apartment, the fishing village people will get cancelled if the apartments are not ready.........
off topic ...sorry but are you the karen who sent my girls the holiday village cd a few years back???

emailed the hotel and will await a response i would love to hear from someone back recently, as the fact that the building works are going on now,for apartments due for release april 08 has got to be a good sign mmmm or is is just wishful thinking.

Alex its a shame your the other side of the island for this coming holiday or you could have had a sneeky shufty at the complex, but have a fab holiday in Protaras... its lovely :D
yes thats me!!!!!!!!

i had forgotton about that!
Ihave emailed the hotel regarding completion dates of building work at the Holiday Village Aliathon and am awaiting ther reply. I will let you know when theyget back to me.
i noticed travel republic are offering the aliathon all inclusive for october this year, not sure if first choice will have taken over by then or if all building work will be completed.
I have just recieved a reply from the Aliathon Apartments and it doesnt sound too good really,they are telling me that the contract with First Choice starts in May 2008 and they HOPE that all the building work will be completed by then. I am beginning to have second thoughts now.
Ellsbells why not book one of the existing superior existing apartments??, if the facilities are as good as described... you won't be in the room long enough anyway(plus i believe they were only built in the last 2 years)

Can't help but notice too, that the 2008 brochure says there are 123/122 rooms(cant rememeber exactly), however the hotel is in this years 2007 brochure WITHOUT the new bit, and its got the SAME number of rooms at the moment :?: :?: :?:

It looks lovely though....even as it is now! i love the beer garden photos just add me ,bottle of wine and some olives :D
Have you booked already for 2008
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.