Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
The reason i am so concerned about it is because we plan to get married in the hotels chapel and hold the reception there aswell. I wouldnt like building work noise going on in the background can you imagine.
We went to the majorcan one 2006 and we enjoyed it and would like to try out the cypriot one.
just booked... well just over a year to go now :roll: I look forward to following the forum and getting feedback nearer the time
What month r u going ?
We booked last week for 27th July getting married a the hotel.
anybody in paphos thats able to take a peek at the developments
we are in protaras end of the month and may take a ride down to paphos if not
What room type did you go for in the end quirky girl?
Hola :D (what is it in cypriot... yammas??)

I went for a deluxe as all the superior rooms had already gone !!!(trust me to think about it for a week) looks like its going to be v popular. I am keeping an eye on the Eclipse site though as if any more superior one get loaded i'll switch. We go june 25th as the end of july dates were now about 3500 :shock: :shock:

I was really pleased to see that there is a nearby waterpark and mini golf on the hotel website and that theres a Pizza Express in the harbour...

Ells Bells comgratulatons on booking the Wedding :D . I got married 3 years ago and the planning is loads of fun and post a piccy on your return :D . :glynis

just over 3 weeks till i go to the Holiday Village in Majorca again :pele
oh, a wedding when we are there!!!!!!! brilliant!!!!!!!!!

maybe we will be able to toast your happiness!!!!!!!!!!!

i see the price i paid has now gone up over £600
we have taken the plunge booked to go for the 25th june all inclusive in a family 4 + 1 child room. Does anybody no if these are in the fishing village area.
Hi Oliday

Congratulations on booking :hyper your there the same time as us ..let the planning commence :D
Hi quirkygirl

This will be all new to my family never stayed at a holiday village before. We always stay self catering. Have booked all inclusive this time, so no kids saying 'mum can i have'.
We fly from gatwick on the 12.45 flight are you on the same flight.
When we go to protaras in 3 weeks we are going to drive the holiday village to have a look. Will take same photos.
When do you fly out K&R
We fly out from Manchester on the 27th of July getting married in the second week.
stayed just down road from aliathon last week and the fishing village was still being built. some villas built but just concrete shells at moment and was huge hole in ground - presumably the pool. Still lots to do by the look of it.
ellsbells,

i think we fly out 23 july from birmingham.......... :lol:
Looks like we will see you there then. :D
Thought this may be of interest to HVA'ers

http://www.lionresorts.com

click on 'resorts' then select 'Aliathon' and there are some excellent 360 room/pool/bar pictures and a map.

Ellsbells & Karen ..see you there too as we have changed dates to July 30th :glynis
Do you all think the building work will be finished on time. :?
morning :D

What ever is built i bet you get the cream of the crop being the blushing bride :D . Its impossible to guess but i feel that accomadtion will be finished and it will be other leisure bits that may overun-for example the Spanish Holidays village had everything built but there was a seperate beach club(pool complex) that ran late,however there was still other pools to use anyway. Also you are going months into the season which helps settle any nerves.

We have chosen the superior accomadation that already there (similar to the ones in the piccies in the above link) instead, but we are terrible for going back to places we like over and over again :oops: so will book in the fishing village in 09 if we have a fab time.(we'll just look jealously on in 08 at you deluxe duplexes and what not :wink: ) fingers crossed the whole thing will be finished by may and storming success.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.