Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Frog and Toad next door to The Village has a really large screen inside.

I find that The Village can be a bit noisy because they have karaoke or some other event every night at 9 and the TV commentary has to compete with that.
When ever i've watched Football in The Vilage they always let the game finish, before anything else starts.
cherers
Mistie
You've been lucky then. For most premier league games this year and last year, the other entertainment went right on as usual. I am a Benidorm regular so it's not a one off.
Must admit it was only the Champions League Finals that i went to.

chers
Mistie
Thanks for you help everyone, not sure where we'll end up but looks like there will be plenty of choice.
Hi Kevshute,

When did Linekers shut?
been closed a while now,re-opened as the rolling stones bar
For anyone who likes the Talk Of The Coast, I was talking to Mani the owner last night and they are going to be closed for about 3 weeks or so in January for a big refurbishment! I'm off there again tonight, on my last night in Beni!! :cry:

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Got back Thursday after a good week in Beni. Acts that i saw on this visit were- Neil Ross, Mad Mauri, Moff, Stevie Nelson (Talk Of The Coast) Neil St John, Matthew and Son (Valentines), Shoewaddywaddy, The Beatles (The Town), Johnny Kalendar, Jonathan James, Double Take, Gary George, Peatloaf (The Palladium), Chrissy Rock, Cher Tribute (UK Bar), Tony Scott (Stardust), Mike Curtis (Zodiac), Tom Storry (JailRock), Andy Rue, Ricky Price -Elton John, (Steptoes 1) RockMan and Her (Moff and Christins Rae) and two other rock type duos that i cant recall names of all at (Western Saloon).

All the above venues were very busy on most nights that i went in, apart from Valentines, which has never really been my favourite place. In fact this is the busiest i have seen the venues for quite some time now. Wanted to catch the Take That Tribute, but they were only on once whilst i was there, and i was seeing someone else that night, had a natter with Dene Michaels who sings with them and Shoewaddywaddy one night, when i went to The Town with Neil Ross and his wife Norma from Talk of the Coast, and a mad icelandic beatles fan!!! Had a good night, was very busy indeed. Just had a couple of Evening meals out this time, I was Staying at the Belroy Palace Hotel, and the food was so good and varied i ate in most nights. Had a meal At Hoff van Holland, which was good as usual. Also ate at a new place just opened in the Oldtown called Michaels. This is owned by "the Big Chef" (Michael), who used to be Chef/Owner of The Two Palms until he sold it last December. Food quite good, but had only just opened the night before, and i'm sure it will get better, same menu really as The Two Palms with one or two Tweaks, certainly value for money. The staff were very plesant but quite amateurish really, looked like they had not served in a restaurant before, but as i say, pleasant and helpful, so i'm sure things will improve there and that it will do really well. The chaps from the Ritch Bitch were eating there the night i was in. Also had lunch at la cava de la aragonesa on day...had Lamb Stomachs...dont be put of by the sound of that try them..delicious, lovely tender lamb laced with garlic...can still taste them now!!!
Best Regards - Taggy :)
Hi Taggy sounds like you had a great time was suprised when you said take that tribute were only on once when we were there in june they were on 6 nights a week shame you didnt get to see them imo they were very good
Always found the picadilly bar great for watching matches, cheap bar as well, just a few yards from the peoicanos if your at that end

All the above venues were very busy on most nights that i went in, apart from Valentines, which has never really been my favourite place.

I'm not surprised, at their prices :lol: Five euros for a bacardi and coke, are they trying to go out of business? It would take a better hypnotist than they've got to make me stay for a second drink!
"Look into my eyes....look into my eyes....the drinks are cheap, the club is full.....look into my eyes!"

I'd like to recommend the China Garden, I don't often go up the Rincon end so it's the first time I've been in. Absolutely excellent.
john n josephs
Is it still open.
Just read it's been shut down

Mistieburt
John and Joseph's was still very much open 2 weeks ago.

luci :wave
does anyone know if the magic roundabout has reopened yet? last time i was there it was closed and being refurbished, i was wondering if it was still to be the magic roundabout or something else? thanks
Glad to hear John & Joseph's is still opened! Heading out to Benidorm on Monday and J & J's is always good for a cheap drink, bite to eat and some banter! :D
does anyone know if the magic roundabout has reopened yet? last time i was there it was closed and being refurbished, i was wondering if it was still to be the magic roundabout or something else? thanks

i know the vincents chain has bought it ,still think its going to be called the magic roundabout
it has reopened but is still called the magic roundabout.it has indeed been took over by the vincents chain
Hi. Anyone know if The Rebel ( Elvis impersonator ) is still on in Benidorm? We were out there in June/July and he was on in Stardust I think it was. We didn't go see him though as we had the children with us.

We are off again next Wednesday for a week but my mom is having the children so we would like to go see The Rebel as we have heard he is the best Elvis impersonator in Benidorm.

Any info much appreciated.

Sarah
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.