Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
can anyone tell me if peggy,s tartan bar is still open and if u can a phone number
Hi desoldenhoff ... as far as I know, the bar is still open as it appears in local adverts showing a phone number of 0034 966 809 258.

David :wave
PS ... could you try and avoid use of phone text style abbreviations please, as these cause problems for our visually impaired members who rely on screen readers. Many thanks.
Was open when we were there in October. Had breakfast a couple of times.
Is Ron Jones still appearing in Benidorm?
For many years he played Country music in the Red Dog then he left and we saw him in the Game Bird formerly Carriages. We are going on Sunday and hope to see him.
Sue
Hi Sue,
Ron Jones was on at Hotel Orange when we were there at end of October, don`t know if this is a regular gig for him now; but it appeared that way as he was on three times in the week we stayed; 27th Oct. to 4th Nov.
Best Regards, Brigger :)
When I say on at the Orange, I mean The Sanctuary pub/club which is part of Hotel Orange. :lol:
Thanks Brigger
We will certainly look in there next week.
Sue
Bruce Jones was appearing at Gigalos for a week. He was polite when spoken to, agreed to have his photo taken with fans and was most annoyed at the newspaper article that reflected him in a bad light and also used unathorised methods of obtaining a photograph to print. Bruce told me he has two pantos to do and then 2 films, so he's not done yet. Les Battersby may be finished (for now) but Bruce Jones is going strong.
Hi all,
Is there a Chubby Brown tribute act in Benidorm? If so is he any good?
thanks
There is a Chubby Brown tribute act called Woody Brown and yes he is good, he looks and sounds very like the real one.
Got to agree with Lacostaduo about Woody Brown re: his likeness to the real thing, we bumped into him one night as we were coming out of Stardust, he was in the doorway having a quick fag & a drink before he went on stage next. We had to do a double take as we thought he looked uncannily like Chubby :shock: , he seemed a cheerful; friendly bloke as well; he had a few words with us even though we were`nt staying to watch him.
Best Regards, Brigger :)
woody brown is my brother and he doesnt smoke.
blue chip
If you want to see Woody he is on stardust about 00.30 hrs and zodiac about 1 hour later .he is coming home wed 12th Dec for 1 week and Tuesday is his night off
Can anyone remember the singer johnny Whittaker?(sp) He used to sing in benidorm during the 90's. I used to see him quite a lot then stopped going to benidorm. I think he was from Liverpool?

thanks, jeanette
If you find yourself near Moraira then Options is a great little place for dinner. Great food at around 25 euro for 3 courses but its the best I have found in about 20 visits.
  • Edited by MarkJ 2007-12-21 16:50:12
    Advertising link removed
Does anyone know if the Talk Of The Coast has been refurbished yet? I was told by the owner Mani that it was being done up in January and would be closed for about 3 weeks, however i believe its been closed for a while in December and due to re-open tonight, so was wondering if they have done the work early, or just closed for a while for other reasons?

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Me and the wife along with a couple of friends who live in Benidorm and had a great night out at a bar in the old town called the intimate english bar which is a karaoke bar. This a gay/straight mixed bar with a superb atmosphere and a different world to the new town.
Louis the clown gets the kids dancing to this song and i can not remember the name of it.

The lyrics are 'touch your head and, touch your shoulders, touch your nose and, hold your mouth, and shake it up shake it up, shake it up shake it up shake it al around.'

I am desperate to find thename of this song as the kids loved it andi like tofind it for them.

Loius the clown is excellent in the fun pub opposite the triangle bar at the levante end of benidorm.

we have just returned and would love to find out about the song also, can not believe i never asked their, and no its not the okey cokey, anyone know please help the kids loved it
thanks
I've just heard that the Talk Of The Coast will be closed until mid March!!!...Does anyone know why that is? Is it that the refurbishment is going to take longer than expected, or could there be other reasons? I wonder if Neil Ross is singing anywhere else in Benidorm during this closure?

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Hi taggy yes its mid march for sure and its due to the refurbishment going on ... About neil im not sure cheers mazza
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.