Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Lorraine,

All shopped out now got everything i think just got to get euro's.
The karting sounds good but i think the creche will only look after the children if you stay on site that was the rule at the holiday village costa del sol if you did want to go out of the complex you could get a baby sitter to look after them in your hotel room,but petra mare could be differant.
Oh and don't talk to me about white i was hoping to get abit golden sitting in the garden before i whent away but theres been no chance of that!!!!
my legs are so white they glow in the dark!!!! :lol:

speak to ya later x
Hi Clare,

The people who own the go karting track look after your little one - that is what the post said so that would be a result!

Have you not had nice weather today? It was nice down south lol

Ive had to buy my Son and Daughter new sunglasses as the baby broke their first pair so looks like im still holiday shopping lol

Any excuse lol

Speak soon

Lorraine x
Hi Lorraine

Was obviously having a blonde moment,infact i can't even blame it on that now i've gone natural!! But yeah that definatly sounds good ( the go karting people looking after the little en's that is ) our daughter would love it bet your eldest son would too.
Had some great weather today and yesterday,sat in the garden in my bikini, well thought i'd better wear it in!!! Whent a bit pink but should go a little bit brown before i go on holiday!!!
3 weeks till you go tomorrow not long now,soon we will be talking sleeps!! i've got 17 more sleeps till we go!! arn't i sad!! :lol:
Anyway speak soon x
Hi Clare,

How great that you talk in sleeps too lol that really made me smile because that is what I do lol we are just too alike its spooky!

I have not started counting sleeps yet but I am counting down the days at work lol

Our tickets came today which is fab news - all I have to do now is find the travel insurance I know I put it somewhere lol

Not long now and counting!! If you find out anything about how early to get to the airport etc could you let us know as I am starting to panic about this now lol

Where are you flying from? We are flying from Gatwick North.

Anyway chat soon

Lorraine x
Hi Lorraine

YIPEE!!! you've got your tickets too!!!!!
We fly from Nottingham East Midlands, last time we whent on holiday we flew from there, its ok its quite a small airport, we've always flown from either Luton or Gatwick. All this talk about flying is making me nervous, have to say its the only thing about going on holiday that i hate is getting on the plane!!! :( Still a couple of drinks in the bar beforehand should relax me!!!!
Its says check in is two hours before the flight on our tickets but i always like to get there abit earlier.You've got to allow for traffic and finding your carpark then getting on the bus to the actual airport all that sort of stuff!!
unless your lucky enough to get dropped off!!
I'm gonna ask in the Petra Mare forum if anyone knows if they have air con on the coach transfer.It will be abit grim if they don't, there will be some very sweaty n smelly people i'm sure!!!!! Must remember to put deoderant in my hand luggage!!!

Bye for now x
Why is there question marks instead of it saying air con?? strange, still you know what i'm on about
Hi, I dont know why they put ??????? you were hardly swearing lol

We are going to make sure that we have bottles of water for the coach journey also as ive heard that First Choice dont hand any out!

I am now doing that panic shopping lol you know has my daughter got enough bikinis/shorts etc with hubby said YES lol

I would love to have a play with my suitcases and all the clothes this w/e but im too busy - boo hoo lol

Oh well not long now and GOD I am sitting here exhausted telling hubby that I will sleep on holiday lol

Speak soon

Lorraine xx
Hi Lorraine

12 more sleeps for me now!! My suitcases are looking good!!! Their nearly full already and i've still got loads i want to put in! Do you know if its 20 kg per case or 20 kg per person?
Thanks for letting me know that i'll need water on the coach. Wanted to remind you about packing some calpol and plasters and cream i've only just remembered you've probably packed em already i'm sure your alot more organised than me!!! Oh my god its exhausting, there's so much to remember i know i'll end up forgetting something!!!

speak again soon x
Hi Clare,

Its 20kg per person which means you can have 5 lol I can only have 4 as our little one is an infant.

Ive packed a small first aid kit, some diarroeah (god how do you spell that word lol) tablets and will probably pack everything in our medicine cabinet!

Ive packed one suitcase which consists of my kettle, my beakers, my suntan lotion lol and loads of shoes! oh and some books - lets hope I get to read them lol

Ive got 2 weeks tomorrow left at work and then im off thank god - am soo excited lol

I should think the coach will be air conditioned cos its going to be soo hot!

Out of interest and to finish on a question how many pairs of shoes are you taking for you lol I was hoping to take 7 - that sounds alot doesnt it but its only a pair of espradils, 2 pairs of mules, 2 pairs of sandals, a pair of beach shoes and a pair of pumps.

Thats without all the kids shoes lol

Speak soon

Lorraine x
Hi Lorraine,

Well i'm taking 2 pairs of flip flops, 2 pairs of heels, 1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of pumps and 1 beach shoes Wow that makes 7 too how spooky!!
And my daughters taking 2 pais of flips, 1 pair of little heeled sandals and 1 pair of trainers. Hubby and boys 1 pair of trainers and sandals each.I think that'll be enough for us all!!
I must remember to pack pull up night pants for little en, that'll take some space up in the case, and you've just reminded me to take some imodium tablets!!!
Ordered my euro's picking them up on wednesday, hope 500 euro's will be enough will take cards just incase.
What did you think about Charley going back in? can you believe the way she was going on about everyone loving her!!! :lol:

Well untill tomorrow, bye x
Hi Clare,

That definitely makes me feel better on the shoe front lol I love the fact that boys/men dont need as much more room for us girlies lol

I havent ordered my euros but was hoping (had a rethink and calculation) lol that £500 will be enough - hope so its supposed to be all inclusive lol

I cant believe im saying this but im actually starting to like Charlie shes completely illusional though lol I love Brian hes so thick lol and only lives up the road from us!

I didnt buy anything today although Monsoon does have a half price sale lol so I was very good - If I do buy anymore I really wont have room in my cases!

Take care till tomorrow.

Lorraine x
lorraine you will get a better exchange rate for sterling cash in resort.. just buy enough to see you through your first day and get the rest there
Hi Lorraine

Wish i knew that before!
Just watched bb and have to say i still don't like Charley, love Brian though he cracks me up!!!
Do you know if we'll need insect repelant?
There seems to be loads of sales on at the moment i'm trying so hard not to go into town, i wont have any room for anymore either!!!
Are your kids getting excited yet? mine are even the boys, they see the cases filling up and keep saying "are we going on holiday today" bless em their gonna love it!
speak soon x
Hi Clare,

I have packed insect repellant and the aftersun and suntan lotion contains it but I have no idea if we need it lol

Luckily the kids have soo much going on at the moment as its the end of the school year that they are not thinking too much about it at the moment - its only me as usual lol wishing away the days!

Ive only packed one suitcase and have not sorted out the parking at the airport yet but still some time to go - boo hoo!

Speak soon

Lorraine x
Well Lorraine i think i'm all done! and a week early how good is that.Just got to pack for the dogs now as they are going on their hols too ( costa del kennels ) they wont need much a few toys chews and their beds,wish our packing was as easy!!!
Checked out the weather in Crete today and it said it was 38 WOW wern't expecting it to be that hot maybe i should get some more factor 50.
My hubby is like you he can't wait to have a week off, he hasn't even had a day off for ages bless him,well don't long for us all now 8 more sleeps for me and 12 for you i think.
speak soon x
Hi Clare,

Sorry its been so long been a tad busy lol went shopping today bought the last bits and just done last food shop too - how exciting!

I sort of resisted temptation in the sales today lol only bought a skirt in Next for me but everyone else did very well lol

Ill have to remember not to post you when you are out there cos funnily enough you wont be replying lol

Soon we will be saying see you Wednesday!

Take care, speak soon

Lorraine x
Greece is a second home to me, i have been coming on hols to Pefkohori since i was 13 years old and have never wanted to go anywhere else, our friends alway look forward to seeing us, the greeks are so friendly its like a different world and i always dread coming home as the english can be so ignorant ( afraid to say it but its true) and if i want decent greek food i'd have to travel up to london which i don't have time to do, this will be my kids 3rd time here and they've already said they would like to live here, hoping to do that in the near future :D
Hi Lorraine and hi Halls

Yeah i've been busy too what with our daughters last day at middle school oh my god how emotional!!! and all our drains and septic tank flooding BLOODY RAIN i'm sick of it!, still only 4 more sleeps to go then i will be in sunny Crete Yipee 8) . Lorraine and i are so excited about our holiday to Crete arn't we?!! i have never been to Greece before and i don't think Lorraine has either?? we have been chatting for weeks now, have you been to Crete Halls?
Anyway what we gonna do about meeting up Lorraine? shall we do discriptions of each other so we know what we look like? coz i was thinking theres gonna be alot of mothers with kids of our ages. I'm guessing you have red cropped hair?? either that or you ride horses?!!!!
speak tomorrow X
hi clare

no i've never been to crete before, i've been to the costa del sol when i was younger but i hated that swore i would never go again, hope you and lorraine have a good time and you'll have to let me know what crete's like, have heard its nice.
:D :D
emma
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.