Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Everyone,

I`m Fiona & I love Marmaris been twice up to now, going again next year but the husband doesn`t realise it yet....We have found somewhere safe, friendly with plenty to do for our teenage son & if he`s happy I`m happy!
Made plenty of friends there & it will be nice to see them all again.

Looking forward to chatting with you all! :D
Hi everyone, have been to the Fethiye area quite a few times and will probably go to Olu Deniz next year. Have booked flights for August for 2 weeks but not decided on accommodation yet. I love, love, love Turkey, I just find it so peaceful, love the scenery and the hustle and bustle of Fethiye not to mention the food and people.

We didnt get to go to Turkey this year as we went to a friends place in Spain and last year we went to Florida so cant wait to get back there.
heya all

haven't booked anything yet for next year, but will be booking soon i hope, going back to Icmeler, just love the little place so much.

hope to speak to you all soon

:wave
Hi Everyone... :wave

My names Sue.. Been going to Turkey a good few years now, I have tried Olu Deniz which was very nice, but the place that has captured my heart is Icmeler :love2 Its such a lovely Little place, I can't bear to go anywhere else now!! Ive already booked for next year ..I shall be staying at the Mitos apartments ...Once Xmas is over Roll on Sept I say! :lol:
hey!well iv been goin to turkey twice a year since 2005!i go to marmaris tho last jan i did go to see my bf in antakya,near adana!i loved turkey so much that i went three times last year and on third time stayed and worked on a boat and got engaged to my bf, we then married last october and he is doing national service now and finishes in feb, cant wait to go again and im going to spend next season in mamaris with my hubby once army is all finished, goin to turkey is like goin home :-) i love the country and the people 8) enjoy your hols everyone!take care xxx
hi everyone i'm carol from antalya... glad to be here to enjoy and share information
  • Edited by medstay 2008-01-19 08:29:49
hi my names becci, been going to turkey since 1990. started going with my parents and did the turkish boyfriend thing, now taking my hubbie and 3 kids.Been to quite a few countries in between but my heart stays there. started of going to the marmaris/icelmer area, last time there though was about 1995 now i love the fethyie area, although the last 3/4 years hisaronu has grown dramaticly. booked for next july we now have to go school holidays as our eldest is in the comp never been in school holidays before so a bit apprehensive.
Hi everyone my name is Megan my husband and I have been going to Icmeler twice a year for about 7 years, we tried it as our first holiday alone (no kids) and loved it my eldest daughter her hubby and kids have been and in Sept this year we persuaded our middle daughter to come with us and she loved it. Its so safe I spend each day on the beach on my own cos hubby dont like it and never feel uneasy. Not booked for next year yet but will be there in June probably at the Elif. Ive got a HT wristband now so hopefully may see some people from this site.
Hey Megan have you stayed at The Elif before? I stayed there this year for the first and last time :shock:
Hi, my name is Paul & i love Icmeler, it has nearly everything that i want from a holiday. Going in August for two weeks.
Hi I am Dave, if you think I have a strange user name it was because I wanted one I could use on all forums that I knew would most probably not be already taken. It's actually made up of the first initial of my name, my wifes, our 2 daughters and the 2 dogs.

I fell in love with Cyprus in the 90's and went there every year, in 2001 our friends (Two familes)asked if we wanted to go on holiday with them, and they were going to try Turkey, I will be honest I didn't want to go, heard different stories and just wasn't interested but with a lot of persuasion we booked with them.

So off we went in September 2002 and all I can see is WOW

I had such a great time in Icmeler that we have been back every year since but one, One of the other familes have not been back and the other has only missed two years due to house moves etc. We have always stayed in the same apartments and always gone in September except for this year when we went late July due to my daughters schooling. July was very Hot Max 46C but bareable, I found the evenings muggy though.

The last two years have been DIY, I can't believe the savings made in the school holidays. We have booked for the 1st Aug 2008 for 18 days (Two families) and I am looking already at 2009 but this time another three familes want to come with us so there will be five in total, the original three and two others. I want to go for three weeks, the other familes for two, I am planning for the first week to tour a bit in a car and then spend the last two weeks with the others in Icmeler.

Look forward to talking to you all a bit more.

Dave
Well I am an Icmeler lover. First visit was about 5 years ago and didn't go back for various reasons until 2005 and as soon as me and my mum arrived we looked at each other and said this was why we had always wanted to return to Icmeler, was like being home again. So we went back in 2006 and twice this year and looking forward to next year for my 5th & 6th visits. Going in May to stay at the Demircioglu Apts and then in September to Mitos Apts.

This year I managed to get others to try Icmeler (some never wanted to go to Turkey) and surprise they all had great holiays at different times.

Looking forward to going back next year and getting to know more of you on here.

Andrea
Hi everyone, my name is Joyce just came across this forum. I was hoping someone could help me out regarding booking a hotel in icmelar. I have found the Kontes beach hotel but cant find anyone to do a booking through. I haven't been to icmelar for 4 years but always enjoyed it there. last year I went to Calis beach had a lovely hoiday and going back there in June but would like to book icmelar for september any info would be really appreciated. thanks. :)
We have booked the Efendi for October 2008. We booked through Low Cost Beds. As the Kontes is next door U might try them.
Just thought Id drop by and say hello. Im Ann or Annie to my family and very close friends :D . I have 2 kids 10 and 12 and a hubby Pete. Have done the Greek Islands and thought thats where Id be staying forever, until I discovered Turkey, well Icmeler to be exact. We stayed at the Alvaro in 06 and had the most fabulous time, The perfect resort, beauty, good food and good for a bit of totty spotting girlies :wink: :lol: :lol: :roll: . We didnt go anywhere 07 due to the house needing work but have booked the Palm Garden aparts for July 08 and am counting the days down.Anyone visiting around the 21st onward??
Hi, i`m Donna, i have 3 children all boys aged 12, 10 and 7. I live in Sunderland with my hubby and sons and i LOVE Turkey :yipee
Like others on here i never fancied Turkey before and even after i bit the bullet and booked up with friends for the first time, i didn`t really want to go. I`m soooo glad that i did though as i loved it and have been back loads since then and have also converted a few people along the way :lol:
I don`t think i will be able to visit in 2008 due to a house move and lots of work needing to be done :bawl :bawl but i`m going to try, even if i have to rob a bank :roll:
We usually go to Marmaris, i always visit Icmeler when i`m there but next time i fancy trying Hisaronu/Olu Deniz.
Hello I'm Lisa

I'm married with two children 9 and 5. We first went to Altinkum in Turkey in 1987 and hated it and swore never to return. Times have changed and i've finally convinced hubby to give it another try so we are off to the Delphin Palace in July 08 for two weeks.

Looking forward to chatting to you all and learning more about what to expect.
Cannot believe i missed this topic as i am on this forum every single day in life ,love it on here .Anyway my name is Peter and i stay on a small island on the firth of clyde scotland .My wife and i have been going to turkey at least twice a year now for the last twelve some times we have taken my two daughters their husbands and three grandchildren .All of them absoloutely love turkey .My wife and i have been to marmaris ,icmeler , bodrum but the last three years we have been going to belek ,mostly to the sun zeynep hotel which we think is one of the best hotels we have stayed in anywhere .This coming june we will still be going to belek ,but for a wee change we have decided on a change of hotel .This time we are of to a brand new hotel called club voyage ,it only opened last year and has some great reviews ,if the virtual tour is anything to go by then it will do fine. No matter where i go in turkey i feel realy at ease ,mostly because of the people and if all goes well we will be purchasing some sort of property there in the not to distant future as a holiday home .Have a good holiday folks .
Bluepeterno1
Hi

Have been going to Turkey for more than 10 years. My new place is Side, have been there 3 times since September. Have got 2 bookings in for March and May 08 so far.... ran out of money :lol: Also slightly concerened as the hotel i go to is now in Direct holidays and will attract a different sort of person....
Keeping an eye on the euro and lira - they both seem unstable at the moment. Thankfully I've got 300 lira stashed away which i got at a good rate. I've also just maged to get some half price Clarins Sun lotion in the January sales :P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.