Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
parker h,

The situation in Syria wouldn't put me off. Turkey is an extensive country and the problems at the moment are a fair distance from the tourist resorts. It wouldn't bother me personally.

Darren
thank you darren, i only have convince my hubby lol xphx :tup
It wouldn't put me off either. The resorts are a long way from Syria.Looking forward to my Turkey fix in less than three weeks. :sun2
Bodrum or Gumbet ? My son, aged 17 is hoping to go to Turkey with a mixed group of 8 friends. They want to be close to the beach but unsure which resort woud be the best for night life - any ideas ? Thanks
Gumbet would be best for a group of youngsters.Plenty of night life and a beach. Bodrum is only 10 minutes on the dolmus but it has no beach.
I agree, Gumbet is a great place for a group of youngsters, and easy to get into Bodrum for extra night life although there is plenty in Gumbet itself.
Parker h, a bomb went off in Kusadasi a short while before we went there, it didn't stop us going and we had a fab time. We also went to Hisaronu the day after 9/11. Most resorts are a very long way from the Syrian border, particularly those on the Aegean and Turquoise Coasts. So please don't be put off coming here, even if you delay booking up until xmas which was the time we use to.

Les
thank you les, i am stll looking a turkey , dalyan area as we can fly from aberdeen. love helenxx :wave:
Take your time Helen, you need to be sure that your first Turkey experience is right for your needs. All the best in your search.

Les
yes les i agree. was in thomas cook today and girl said half their flights were already booked for turkey next year, so i had better choose soon if that's the case. :wave: love helenxx
Hi Folks

About to book a holiday to Armutalan /Marmaris. We've been twice before, but not since 2006.
Can anybody tell us if The Incognito Restaurant,run by a lady called Marian is still there, and also the Red Rose? We remember a great waiter from there called Leon.

We are really looking forward to going back.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.